Pre-Season Games Atmosphere / Advice

AndyM01

Reaction score
Hi,

Coming over to the AT&T Stadium for the next Pre-Season game against the Bengals and after a bit of advice please. I appreciate it's not a 'main' game, but I want to experience as much as possible being my first game in the US, so I was wondering about thing's like tailgates? Any advice or info would be great, thanks.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hi,

Coming over to the AT&T Stadium for the next Pre-Season game against the Bengals and after a bit of advice please. I appreciate it's not a 'main' game, but I want to experience as much as possible being my first game in the US, so I was wondering about thing's like tailgates? Any advice or info would be great, thanks.
I can't help you and couldn't help the fan from N Dakota bringing his 10 year old stepson to a game.

I can only welcome you and hope you ask a question that I can answer someday.

AndyM01

Reaction score
I can't help you and couldn't help the fan from N Dakota bringing his 10 year old stepson to a game.

I can only welcome you and hope you ask a question that I can answer someday.

Thanks. Hoping that there is a similar atmosphere to a regular season game, but either way I intend to enjoy the experience. I'm in Dallas for a week, and have booked a tour of the Stadium for us as well.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks. Hoping that there is a similar atmosphere to a regular season game, but either way I intend to enjoy the experience. I'm in Dallas for a week, and have booked a tour of the Stadium for us as well.
I have heard nothing but positive feedback from touring the stadium.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hi,

Tailgating is permitted on the edge of the parking lots. So on cooking in the middle of the lot.
Go a day early, take the guided tour, well worth it. Though I never paid for one, but got a private tour from being a season ticket holder. Wasn't supposed to, but the person did anyway. As a season ticket holder event, they didn't have the SB trophies there, and the cheer leaders left early. So a security guard gave me a behind the scenes tour. LOL. So I am sure the tour is worth it if it is anything like Texas Stadium when I did that in 88. Well worth the cost.

Anyway, they have a nice pro shop and gift shop, a restaurant. But may be for season ticket holders, not sure. I since sold mine after it opened.

You can find out more information on their website as well. Gates open 2 hours, or used to before kick off, parking lots 4 hours or maybe 6, can't remember. There are plenty of places to eat right up the street. Walking distance, depending on how far you call walking distance. LOL.

A wal-mart across from the stadium if you need to kill some time there. The Star in Frisco is about 45 minutes to an hour from the stadium if you wanted to take a tour of it.

Can't say much about the art work at the stadium, as I am not into that.

As a reminder, going to the game, don't take bags or big purse or anything like that. Use a clear bag, 12 x 12 size so they can see what is in it. Very restrictive what you can take in. This is an NFL wide policy now, not a Jerry thing.

If I think of anything else, I'll come back to post it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Tailgating is permitted on the edge of the parking lots. So on cooking in the middle of the lot.
Go a day early, take the guided tour, well worth it. Though I never paid for one, but got a private tour from being a season ticket holder. Wasn't supposed to, but the person did anyway. As a season ticket holder event, they didn't have the SB trophies there, and the cheer leaders left early. So a security guard gave me a behind the scenes tour. LOL. So I am sure the tour is worth it if it is anything like Texas Stadium when I did that in 88. Well worth the cost.

Anyway, they have a nice pro shop and gift shop, a restaurant. But may be for season ticket holders, not sure. I since sold mine after it opened.

You can find out more information on their website as well. Gates open 2 hours, or used to before kick off, parking lots 4 hours or maybe 6, can't remember. There are plenty of places to eat right up the street. Walking distance, depending on how far you call walking distance. LOL.

A wal-mart across from the stadium if you need to kill some time there. The Star in Frisco is about 45 minutes to an hour from the stadium if you wanted to take a tour of it.

As a reminder, going to the game, don't take bags or big purse or anything like that. Use a clear bag, 12 x 12 size so they can see what is in it. Very restrictive what you can take in. This is an NFL wide policy now, not a Jerry thing.

You mean if you think of anything you might be remembering correctly, if it's still the same as it was when you thought you knew? :laugh:

The "clear bag" thing was good advice, and something I probably would've forgotten about completely, had I been the one going. :thumbup:

AndyM01

Reaction score

Awesome, just the info I needed, thank you. Staying in The Courtyard about 10-15 minutes walk from the Stadium so I don't have to fight the traffic.