Pre-season Predictions

Reaction score
Head em up -- Move em out C'boys ...

Game One: Sat. Aug. 14 @ Houston Texans

Houston is still a relatively new franchise; yet they have solid players and are hungry to make a name for themselves.

Houston tweaks out a win 7 - 3

Game Two: Sat. Aug. 21 @ Oakland Raiders

C'boys need this to recover from previous week's loss. If the C'boys loose, this will have an impact on their confidence to use TestaVerde as a starter during the rest of the year.

Oakland manhandles the C'boys 14 - 6

Game Three: Mon., Aug. 30 TENNESSEE TITANS

Eddie George sends a huge statement to the Titans.

C'boys route Titans 13 - 6

Game Four: Thurs., Sept. 2 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

KC is slow in getting started; C'boys starting to get momentum. KC has No answer for C'boy's

C'boys on a roll 17-6

Bring it ... :cool:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:

Houston is still a relatively new franchise; yet they have solid players and are hungry to make a name for themselves.

C'boys need this to recover from previous week's loss. If the C'boys loose, this will have an impact on their confidence to use TestaVerde as a starter during the rest of the year.

KC is slow in getting started; C'boys starting to get momentum. KC has No answer for C'boy's

C'boys on a roll 17-6

No way I am tossign out pre-season scores but I will say there will be more scoring than you suggest. Teams will play defenders 3 and 4 deep so there will be totally blown coverages and special teams gaffes. 2-2 is fair but with higher scores.

Reaction score
jterrell said:
No way I am tossign out pre-season scores but I will say there will be more scoring than you suggest. Teams will play defenders 3 and 4 deep so there will be totally blown coverages and special teams gaffes. 2-2 is fair but with higher scores.

You might be right about the scoring; well see. :cool:

kmd24

Reaction score
Think you've got it backwards. After two offseasons and a purging of the deadwood, Bill Parcells will have his team ready earlier than most. He'll be resting his veteran starters and evaluating the youngsters late in preseason when other teams are having their dress rehearsals.

Dallas crushes Houston and Oakland but struggles with Tennessee and KC.

Eddie

Reaction score
We may possibly go 0-4. BP will be resting the vets and will mainly go with the young guys to see what they have (or don't have).

Vinnie will get 1 drive per game ... tops. Hensen and Romo will probably alternate the first and second halves on a game to game basis.

Pete Hunter and Tony Dixon will see alot of action to prepare them for the Vikings.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
I say 1-3.......BP need to take a good long look at the young-uns.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:

C'boys on a roll 17-6

You really must be bored to predict pre-season games. LOL There is so much changing of personell that there is no way to make much of a prediction of wins or loses. Coaches are still experimenting with plays and formations that they may or may not use in the regular season. Pre-season is a time to watch individuals not the overall team for the simple reason guys are much more concerned over individual performance over that of the team

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
You really must be bored to predict pre-season games. LOL Pre-season is a time to watch individuals ...

WTH are you talking about? I'm Not bored, I'm excited about the preseason starting!

You watch out for that "pre-season is a time for exploring bullcrap."

Preseason is whatever the coach wants it to be. BP may just want to build team confidence; nothing does that like a win, or Putting some major points up on the scoreboard.

Presason can be a tool to gather momentum; winning is contagious!

Preseason is also dangerous! It can cause season-ending injuries, turn rookies into starters, and place veterans On the bench.

So don't give me any fly by answer Like it's too early to predict outcomes during preseason games. If you don't want to go Out On a limb -- say so! But don't give me garbage like ...
Pre-season is a time to watch individuals not the overall team for the simple reason guys are much more concerned over individual performance over that of the team

Grow some sllab! :cool:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
You watch out for that "pre-season is a time for exploring bullcrap."

Preseason is whatever the coach wants it to be. BP may just want to build team confidence; nothing does that like a win, or Putting some major points up on the scoreboard.

Presason can be a tool to gather momentum; winning is contagious!

Preseason is also dangerous! It can cause season-ending injuries, turn rookies into starters, and place veterans On the bench.

So don't give me any fly by answer Like it's too early to predict outcomes during preseason games. If you don't want to go Out On a limb -- say so! But don't give me garbage like ... .

Grow some slabb! :cool:

Your too funny, if Pre-season means that much tell tell me why are teams that will be sitting at the bottom of their division the ones who do so well during pre-season? I agree some coaches will put a lot into pre-season hell Jimmy Johnson 1st year in Dallas he had a great pre-season yet the team finished 1-15 that tells you how much pre-season really means but. Pre-season is a time to evaluate players and if it comes down to winning or to continue to play 3rd and 4th string players most teams will take the loss as to get a better look at that 3rd or 4th string player.

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
...why are teams that will be sitting at the bottom of their division, the ones who do so well during pre-season?

Are you kidding me? That's so obvious ...look, everyone does not play by the same "preseason rules." What I'm saying here is that many times coaches have different agendas, but all teams want to win. Normally teams with the worst record (or less talent) will try to go into the preseason and win, for the purpose of es spirit de corps (team cohesiveness; the glue that binds teams).

[/QUOTE]Pre-season is a time to evaluate players and if it comes down to winning or to continue to play 3rd and 4th string players most teams will take the loss as to get a better look at that 3rd or 4th string player.[/QUOTE]

That "taking the loss" attitude is a "defeatest" approach to playing football. In fact most athletes will tell you that they play the game to win -- not to loose!

So no, I'm not trying to be funny. I'll bet good dollar bills that Billy-P has a Trick or two outside of the average fans perspective of what preseason is all about. And he will not be laughing -- hell, he won't even crack a smile!

Here's trying to be funny ...

If Billy-P smiled his face would crack ... If Billy-P smiled the team better smile with him!

Now that's funny :D

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I predict the Eagles will not make it to the Superbowl... again!

Oh, you wanted preseason predictions. Sorry. I don't have any of those.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
OMG, who predicts preseason? Thats just so stupid since it has no bearing on how good the team is...

Reaction score
Danny White said:
I predict the Eagles will not make it to the Superbowl... again!

Oh, you wanted preseason predictions. Sorry. I don't have any of those.

Awfully nice of you to go out On the Limb with your predictions! Wasn't too fond of your prediction, But at least you know who will "not" be the NFC East champs (again)!

Don't worry about the preseason prediction DW; we all know what you really think now! :cool:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
Are you kidding me? That's so obvious ...look, everyone does not play by the same "preseason rules." What I'm saying here is that many times coaches have different agendas, but all teams want to win. Normally teams with the worst record (or less talent) will try to go into the preseason and win, for the purpose of es spirit de corps (team cohesiveness; the glue that binds teams).
Pre-season is a time to evaluate players and if it comes down to winning or to continue to play 3rd and 4th string players most teams will take the loss as to get a better look at that 3rd or 4th string player.[/QUOTE]

That "taking the loss" attitude is a "defeatest" approach to playing football. In fact most athletes will tell you that they play the game to win -- not to loose!

So no, I'm not trying to be funny. I'll bet good dollar bills that Billy-P has a Trick or two outside of the average fans perspective of what preseason is all about. And he will not be laughing -- hell, he won't even crack a smile!

Here's trying to be funny ...

If Billy-P smiled his face would crack ... If Billy-P smiled the team better smile with him!

Now that's funny :D[/QUOTE]

Parcells said last season "Of course I want to win but not at the expense of seeing the players who are trying to make the team" What I'm saying is there is no way to make any type of accurate prediction in pre-season because most teams are more concerned with evaluating talent than the final outcome of a game. If it means that much then teams would be starting their 1st unit and leaving them in there they don't because the realize they have 4 to 5 weeks to cut the roster down from 80 to 53 players and they only way that can be done is by getting these players in game situations. I'm excited about the pre-season games as well, I want to see 1st unit guys play well after that it is a matter of watching individuals as they try to make the ball club. You have a better chance of predicting a pre-season game by pulling names out of a hat because there is no scouting or game planning by teams because they realize what it is about and that is evaluations, sorry if you can't understand that.

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
If Billy-P smiled his face would crack ...
Now that's funny :D
Speaking of crack. Do I hear McRibbs torso grinding agianst the turf as Roy Williams feeds him more turf cookies on Nov. 15?

AE you've got me in the mood. :D

Reaction score
RW31 said:
OMG, who predicts preseason? Thats just so stupid since it has no bearing on how good the team is...

Stupid? No, stupid is getting rid of a talented QB instead of placing him into a rehap program (believe it's called giving him a chance). You should have predicted that :cool:

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
Stupid? No, stupid is getting rid of a talented QB instead of placing him into a rehap program (believe it's called giving him a chance). You should have predicted that :cool:
Nope, stupid is taking an illegal substance when you are a NFL player. Stupid is also thinking preseason means anything but evaluation.

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
I'm sure Bill Parcells is chomping at the bit to earn the privilege of having you as his advisor.

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
You have a better chance of predicting a pre-season game by pulling names out of a hat because there is no scouting or game planning by teams because they realize what it is about and that is evaluations, sorry if you can't understand that.

D-Day,

But I do understand! Look, what you say makes sense, but that's if you're talking about any Other team in the NFL. But this is your team, the team that you are a fan of, not just any Old team!

Why can't you make a Bold prediction about the team that you believe is pound for pound, a better team than any other team in the NFL -- you do believe that about the C'boys don't you? :cool: