Predict the NFC East and What Cowboys Make The Pro Bowl

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Watching the NFCE for as long as I have (only 40 years old, so not as long as some of you old fekkers):

1. Not the Eagles
2. Who knows.
3. Commanders.
4. Who knows.

Pro Bowl: Martin, Frederick, Collins, Zeke, Dak, Awuzie.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I actually think the Cowboys will win the NFC East and here is why....

..(1)- The Eagles won the Superbowl and now have issues that will make them implode. Nic Foles vs Carson Wentz.Wentz is the future and the franchise. Anytime he loses a big game the Eagles fans will be screaming for Foles. We the Cowboys are the powder keg kryptonite for a Philly QB controversy if we beat them twice in the season....Jay Ajayi was traded away for a reason from Miami for almost nothing,he is a cancer. Now add Michael Bennett who has to go to court for assaulting 3 security guards and 2 are female and 1 of them is in a wheelchair all the media PR baggage.Every team will be gunning for them as the Champs and we know Eagles choke more than anyone,last year was a lucky break. If Brady had more time the Pats win that trophy last year ....

.(2).The Giants have this WIN NOW and thinking they put all the pieces in place.WRONG! Eli Manning is an enigma and no franchise QB for the future. Davis Webb is horrible,he reminds me of Luke Falk .Webb's arm is weak and he will eventually lose out the Laudetta as 2nd string but now they have to go through the progressions. They have a new coach and really did not improve the pass rush like they wanted too. Nate Solder is overrated as a LT who was helped by Brady. Tom Brady has a fast quick release vs Manning who is mechainical and slow. Odell Beckham might have to answer for that drug photo and if I was Dallas I would be spinning a Beckham suspension as much as possible in the media even just to make it a media distraction for them.Eli Apple was horrible at CB last year and looks like a potential bust. Janoris Jenkins showed no heart last year and that should carry over as a team drag on morale type selfish lazy player. Also the possibility to add Dez Bryant looks ideal on paper with ODB jr but will be a locker room soap opera drama between these divas which will kill the team.

(3)-Commanders are the Commanders and they think they upgraded from Cousins to Alex Smith??? Derrius Guice dropped for a reason,rumored to be a poor practice player and now you just gave him a big money contract to motivate him? What from not eating? ..So they got DaRon Payne and teams with Jonathan Allen.Great you now have 2 Marcus Spears type players. not much room to grow and get better. Most all of Bama d-linemen are just average players in the Pros vs their hype. No solid #1 WR,little improvement in the draft.The Skins come up Bland again.

OK Cowboys Pro Bowl Predictions

QB- Dak Prescott-Prescott bounces back with a better o-line and Ezekial Elliott back. Cowboys are going back to basics and getting physical with run first option pushing teams around eating the time of possession up again.

RB-Ezekiel Elliott-Should be back and have a big chip on his shoulder for all the BS from last year and Roger Goodell

TE-Rico Gathers-He will make people forget about Jason Witten. We have a TE that can stretch the field and is a redzone threat anytime near the goaline.

WR-Tavon Austin should be ticked and motivated, traded away just for a 6th round pick. He is a talented player,but he needs help around him. He has help all around him now. Big WRs Hurns,T.Williams,speedy WRs Beasley & Thompson and Elliott keeping teams honest

The whole O-line-T.Smith,C.Williams,Fredrick,Martin,and Collins-If the Cowboys coaches play the smart way I can see the whole starting 5 making the pro bowl

DE-Demarcus Lawrence-realized his potential last yearl and should keep it up this season and add better pass rushers to help. Randy Gregory comes back and hungry,Taco Charlton wanting to prove himself.Tapper and Armstrong fighting for that last spot.

DT-David Irving-Irving at times can dominate and I believe he will continue to get better and he joins Lawrence.

LB-Jaylon Smith-It takes 2 years average to fully recover from a knee injury. It has been 2 years and with Cowboys drafting Vander Esch that should motivate Smith to play LIGHTS OUT.

K-Dan Bailey-Rebounds and gets his pro bowl spot back....

Eagles - 11-5
Giants 8-8
Cowboys 7-9
Commanders 6-10

Giants are hardest to predict. IMO, they have the defense. they got two key pieces for their OL which was problematic. They have nice TE and get Beckham back. they got Barkley that may have similar impact to their team as Zeke. it all comes down to Eli. so they may go 9-7 or 6-10.

same for cowboys. depends on defense and play of WR. TE is a huge question mark, the passing game is a big big question mark.

Probowlers

Zeke
Sean Lee
Tyron Smith
Fredrick
Martin
Lawrence

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Only thing I disagree on is the schedule this year is harder than last year for sure.
Ya!,,,when I first cast a glance at it when our season ended last year,I saw another .500 avg. Rankings in 18,,,although, I was rather deflated in the sq.' Of canvas sails area at that time,alsoo_O

Rayman70

Reaction score
Until we prove we are the king of the mountain,its philly. I must see how we look in week 1 before I can make a prediction.

1nfljunky

Reaction score
First time poster here and an Eagles fan. Would first off like to establish that I am here for good conversation and debate. I am not a braggart and I hate drama. So my preference will always be civi conversation. I will always try and present facts as opposed to opinion (where possible). The funny thing about numbers are they can say whatever a skilled wordsmith wants them to say. But the game of football is all about numbers. So we use the tools at our disposal.
Anyway, I not sure some of you understand just how much of a crossroads the Cowboys are at. They have to try and win while unveiling a new offense in a division where the other 3 teams have really good defenses. That alone should give people pause. But I see for the most part it doesn't. If they crap the bed this year can anyone see next year being "business as usual "? I don't. Massive changes would have to take place on the field and in the FO.
You are NOT in win now mode. But you should be. You have a very small window of opportunity to make things happen while paying your QB pennies. You should have mad the trade for ET. You should have traded Dez last year. Not sure why you pay Lawrence knowing you'll lose him next year having to pay Martin and Dak. I think defenses are way too sophisticated to run a simplistic scheme on. Physical dominance is not as big a factor as scheme importance. Of course you'll have a dominant performance against a scheme that is inferior to yours. What happens when it is not?
This time of year is always sunshine and rainbows. Every move made prefect sense, things lined up just right. Then the season starts. Things change with a little opposition. What about Garrett gives any of you a warm fuzzy feeling of "he's got his"? If he does, I'm not sure why, but that's why we're called fans! Anyway I look forward to many many good conversations going forward!

timb2

Reaction score
All the Rico Gathers naysayers., Gathers is 6ft-6inches and 285 lbs and just watch the last preseason and you should see what I see in Gathers. Fast enough at 4.7,soft hands,and he is a mismatch to any safety or LB in the NFL. He I believed got robbed last season by coaches keeping him on IR so OLD MAN Witten can be the Captain of the team. Hard to be the leader when a hotshot youngster pushes you to 2nd string and on the bench. Why did Witten retire? He won't be able to hold off Gathers this year....... You have Elliott being a weapon with a very good o-line set now. You have tall targets Hurns and T.Williams on the outside,Austin,Beasley.and Thompson taking the top off the defense and here is a TE big as a house,who can run and has soft hands. Yes Cowboys are going to be lethal on offense.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
make Dak beat them with his arm. A lot of defenses don't have the talent up front to pull it off, but the good ones - like Philly, Seattle, Carolina, Jacksonville, New York, Houston, do. That's where he has to improve and step up or else the season could be in jeopardy.
We play three of those teams in the first five games so we'll see how they do

Gameover

Reaction score
All the Rico Gathers naysayers., Gathers is 6ft-6inches and 285 lbs and just watch the last preseason and you should see what I see in Gathers. Fast enough at 4.7,soft hands,and he is a mismatch to any safety or LB in the NFL. He I believed got robbed last season by coaches keeping him on IR so OLD MAN Witten can be the Captain of the team. Hard to be the leader when a hotshot youngster pushes you to 2nd string and on the bench. Why did Witten retire? He won't be able to hold off Gathers this year....... You have Elliott being a weapon with a very good o-line set now. You have tall targets Hurns and T.Williams on the outside,Austin,Beasley.and Thompson taking the top off the defense and here is a TE big as a house,who can run and has soft hands. Yes Cowboys are going to be lethal on offense.
Got me hyped to see what Gathers can do!

Rayman70

Reaction score
don't care bout potential..low..high ceilings.."FLOORS" ...any analogy you like. Rico has to take the diapers off and get it done,or he's gone.

1nfljunky

Reaction score
Being big and tall is not a prerequisite for being talented. And the game is much more nuanced than just being able to catch. He is like a baby being taught a new language all while being head hunted by guys who have done this everyday of their lives. And lol for using the pre season for what you think he’ll be. The guys he went against are now selling insurance.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
But the game of football is all about numbers. So we use the tools at our disposal.
Anyway, I not sure some of you understand just how much of a crossroads the Cowboys are at.
You are NOT in win now mode. But you should be. You have a very small window of opportunity to make things happen while paying your QB pennies.

Have you taken a look at your team's cap situation? I know you guys revere Howie as a "Genius", but he's restructured your team to death to the tune of -$31.8M for 2019. Again, that's $31.8 MILLION in the red. Sure, he can kick some more cans down the road into 2020, but eventually the piper will be paid. IMO, you guys are in a "Win-Now" mode for 2018. Good luck going into next season with a target on your team's back for once. Teams will be gunning for you guys.

Rayman70

Reaction score
we been talkin about potential.."processes" and GAWD only knows for 20 years now!! In between we had like 4 or 5 good years..but par for the course,we never can finish the deal. I admit, 2014 we got totally screwed in GB. If that call goes differently,this narrative is way different about Garrett as HC. We need Rico and others to finish the damn process and take the training wheels off. Times a wastin. Gonna take all hands on deck.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I AGREE..the pro bowl is now a farcical act where players and coaches go thru the motions. I honestly haven't watched it since around 2010. It should be done away with. It serves no real purpose. Its not even entertaining.

Rayman70

Reaction score
What I admire about Philly is their HC and the GM..the mentality is screw you...who says we cant win it? They play loose and with a purpose as a result. The polar opposite is JG..who blows a lot of hot air and catchy slogans each year. This year I guess its RESPECT LOL. Someone needs to tell him its earned and ya got to take it. It involves winning.

Rayman70

Reaction score
we tend to play not to lose.The Iggles play to not only win,but to do it with no doubt being left. I hate to admit it. Until we show we know how to finish games off,I aint sold.

timb2

Reaction score
We'll set the record for probowlers and get blown out in the 1st rd by Rodgers and Co
With a little help from the refs. You know the Ghost of Vince Lombardi watches over the Pack and they can't lose to Dallas in the next ICE Bowl and BLAH BLAH BLAH about the Packers. Aaron Rodgers should get the Congressional Medal of Honor for sitting in the green room during the draft. I hate the drippy NFL lines they spew. No team is great unless they can beat Dallas in their eyes..