Predict the NFC East and What Cowboys Make The Pro Bowl

timb2

Reaction score
Being big and tall is not a prerequisite for being talented. And the game is much more nuanced than just being able to catch. He is like a baby being taught a new language all while being head hunted by guys who have done this everyday of their lives. And lol for using the pre season for what you think he’ll be. The guys he went against are now selling insurance.
Just wait and when the season goes I am sure you will be Gathers biggest fan. He should have been playing last year and I believe Garrett held him back for Witten. Same type of crap like when we kept Mark Tuinei and let Ron Stone go in free agency and Doug Free over Jeremy Parnell..... Gathers is going to be special

1nfljunky

Reaction score
Have you taken a look at your team's cap situation? I know you guys revere Howie as a "Genius", but he's restructured your team to death to the tune of -$31.8M for 2019. Again, that's $31.8 MILLION in the red. Sure, he can kick some more cans down the road into 2020, but eventually the piper will be paid. IMO, you guys are in a "Win-Now" mode for 2018. Good luck going into next season with a target on your team's back for once. Teams will be gunning for you guys.
I guess you haven't been paying attention. Let me just say this, by the time the next draft comes the Eagles will have five picks in the first 100 picks. Remember this post. They will remake the roster. They already have three picks and they will acquire two more. Do you have any idea of how many salaries can be moved as of next year? Sit back and watch young man....

1nfljunky

Reaction score
Have you taken a look at your team's cap situation? I know you guys revere Howie as a "Genius", but he's restructured your team to death to the tune of -$31.8M for 2019. Again, that's $31.8 MILLION in the red. Sure, he can kick some more cans down the road into 2020, but eventually the piper will be paid. IMO, you guys are in a "Win-Now" mode for 2018. Good luck going into next season with a target on your team's back for once. Teams will be gunning for you guys.
I guess you haven't been paying attention. Let me just say this, by the time the next draft comes the Eagles will have five picks in the first 100 picks. Remember this post. They will remake the roster. They already have three picks and they will acquire two more. Do you have any idea of how many salaries can be moved as of next year? Sit back and watch young man....

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I guess you haven't been paying attention. Let me just say this, by the time the next draft comes the Eagles will have five picks in the first 100 picks.
36d15w.jpg

You guys have your natural 1st, 2nd and 3rd pick with an extra 2nd from the Ravens. That's four top-100 picks unless unless you expect to lose-out next season, pick #1 and the NFL stops giving out 3rd round comp picks.

And with the way Howie is with draft picks (like John Schneider) he'll end up pissing some of them away before the next draft anyways..

Remember this post. They will remake the roster
From the draft? Counting on rookies year one? That's optimistic.

Do you have any idea of how many salaries can be moved as of next year?
Who else is Howie going to restructure to cut into that $31.8M deficit, all the while keeping FAs? What are you guys gonna do about Brandon Graham, Darby, Ajayi and your new hot-shot kicker? You guys are in the hole, bro.

Sit back and watch young man....
Well, "Old Man", I've been alive for 4 Cowboy Super Bowl wins, so your last line reeks of a superiority complex. I understand the recent once in a lifetime enthusiasm from you guys, though, I really, REALLY do.
bnexNcB.gif

Last edited:

1nfljunky

Reaction score
36d15w.jpg

You guys have your natural 1st, 2nd and 3rd pick with an extra 2nd from the Ravens. That's four top-100 picks unless unless you expect to lose-out next season, pick #1 and the NFL stops giving out 3rd round comp picks.

And with the way Howie is with draft picks (like John Schneider) he'll end up pissing some of them away before the next draft anyways..

From the draft? Counting on rookies year one? That's optimistic.

Who else is Howie going to restructure to cut into that $31.8M deficit, all the while keeping FAs? What are you guys gonna do about Brandon Graham, Darby, Ajayi and your new hot-shot kicker? You guys are in the hole, bro.

Well, "Old Man", I've been alive for 4 Cowboy Super Bowl wins, so your last line reeks of a superiority complex. I understand the recent once in a lifetime enthusiasm from you guys, though, I really, REALLY do.
bnexNcB.gif
I guess you forgot about Nick Foles. The Eagles WILL get at least a 1st for him. Come pre seasons some team will need a QB and Howie will rape them. Don’t believe me? Asks the Vikings, Dolphins or the Cards. It’s what we do.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I guess you forgot about Nick Foles. The Eagles WILL get at least a 1st for him. Come pre seasons some team will need a QB and Howie will rape them. Don’t believe me? Asks the Vikings, Dolphins or the Cards. It’s what we do.
I looked at your profile and you can't possibly be "48". Have you watched football long? Do you understand:
1. The perfect storm in 2016 offseason that was Teddy Bridgewater going down during training camp and that "ready to win now" viking's team in very rare desperation? Garaappolo is twice the QB that Bradford was, but he didn't get a 1st rd. pick because no team was against the wall in desperation.
2. You really think Wentz is ready to go 100% in training camp? You think he'll be set for week 1? He tore his ACL, his IT band and has meniscus damage. Go ahead and trade Foles for a 2nd (the best you'll get) and watch Wentz get RG3'd by being rushed to come back too early from injury.

Also forgot to add in post #84 that Jordan Hicks will also be a FA after this year, so that's another shrimp on the Barbie for Howie to decide over. You can't keep everyone and can't keep kicking the can. Make the most of 2018..

Last edited:

1nfljunky

Reaction score
I looked at your profile and you can't possibly be "48". Have you watched football long? Do you understand:
1. The perfect storm in 2016 offseason that was Teddy Bridgewater going down during training camp and that "ready to win now" viking's team in very rare desperation? Garaappolo is twice the QB that Bradford was, but he didn't get a 1st rd. pick because no team was against the wall in desperation.
2. You really think Wentz is ready to go 100% in training camp? You think he'll be set for week 1? He tore his ACL, his IT band and has meniscus damage. Go ahead and trade Foles for a 2nd (the best you'll get) and watch Wentz get RG3'd by being rushed to come back too early from injury.

Also forgot to add in post #84 that Jordan Hicks will also be a FA after this year, so that's another shrimp on the Barbie for Howie to decide over. You can't keep everyone and can't keep kicking the can. Make the most of 2018..
Perfect storm? Hardly. It’s called understanding the market. How else do you think we got a second round pick for both Kevin Kolb and AJ Feely? Yeah, AJ Feely. You’ve been so used to bad GMing that you can’t see the forest for the trees.
And Carson will be ready by the start of the season. He’s running now and is ahead of schedule with his rehab. And in his rookie year he played two series in the preseason and started the season. And putting RGIII in the conversation shows me how much (?) you know of the game.
And who said we have to resign Hicks? If he doesn’t stay healthy what do you think his marketable will be? If I were you I’d be more concerned with the contract you’ll have to give Dak. If you’re a run first team this year and post a decent record (10-6) what is Dak worth?

PhillySpecial

Reaction score

$20.6 million of that $31.8 million is for Foles. That's easily rectified. Either by letting him walk, a new contract (low cap hit the first year of a contract), or by trading him. That leaves $10.2 million to be restructured.