PreDraft analysis of Mazi. Unbias

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
TBH I hadn't heard of Mazi prior to the draft, but that was really just due to ignorance on my part of the Big 10 and Michigan. I knew they were having a great year but never really paid much attention to their players. After viewing his highlights and his play and technique i would say i am pretty excited now and the Cowboys getting a young stud to stuff the run is something foreign to me. They have usually gone after long tooth vets past their prime because of low risk/reward. Mazi will be only 22 in June and appears he will be anchoring the middle of this defense for years to come. Don't need for him to be a pass rush phenom, Dallas has others to take care of that. DQ is assembling a killer defense that is gonna have to carry this team. Good job Boys... :thumbup:

NotForLong

Reaction score
I've got a close friend who's 6'3" and around 290 and built the same. He does construction though lol. Certainly a guy you want on your side if a situation gets hairy.
I am telling you . . . Mazi is a Dawg. I am so stoked about this pick. . . based on need and want

I have been wanting a stud at 1T for years and He is exactly what this defense needs to complete the puzzle

It is gonna be fun watching Him mature. His attitude is great. Cowboys got lucky again

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's no secret that many of us have been anxious to finally see a DT come forward to lay claim on that position for a change. Nice surprise, for sure.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
That's good stuff. Cowboy fans finally got a run stuffing DT. Who saw that coming?????
Not I. But I admire the willingness to change it up. I thought Kancey was tempting, same for Jack Campbell. I think he may have.been above Mazi, talentwise, maybe even on their board, as far as pure talent. But Mazi's 9.99 RAS is nothing to sneeze at.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I am telling you . . . Mazi is a Dawg. I am so stoked about this pick. . . based on need and want

I have been wanting a stud at 1T for years and He is exactly what this defense needs to complete the puzzle

It is gonna be fun watching Him mature. His attitude is great. Cowboys got lucky again
It's gonna be fun watching him, and ole boy Jonathan Hankins. I'm not crowning this guy king just yet.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I've got a close friend who's 6'3" and around 290 and built the same. He does construction though lol. Certainly a guy you want on your side if a situation gets hairy.
I had a buddy who was 6'6'' 310, ar times, bench press 28, i think it was. Sem-fast at about 5 flat 40 and.could have played NFL right tackle had it not been for his impulsivity and bad luck. Strong as an ox. We def had some brawls together late 90s early 2000s.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Everyone talks about Mazi being a run stuffer. I watched his highlights right after they drafted him and the dude has great awareness and also has a nose for caving in the pocket and getting after the QB.we have seen Parsons play boost this team and hopefully Mazi is one of those inspiring players who makes the other DTs better.