Preferred Game Plan vs Seattle

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Greatly appreciated! I think progressively we will be surprised with MM. The guy plays to the game and keeps it going to the last minute.

This Seahawk game I think is a 50/50 and we are + 5.5 underdog.

Very interesting.

Matt Ryan has been playing 2nd or 3rd best at QB next to Wilson and he has more weapons.

We're on the road so who know what that is worth other than the travelling in these stadiums with no fans and just crowd noise.
Well i hope he does surprise me in a good way lol.
It is early in season, so I havent given up on him or kellen, but they have been a little disappointing.
Scoring 40 in the last game shows promise, but that was against atlanta, who could wind up 8-8 or worse.
Dallas had more fans at the game than any other team so far this year, and I think dallas loses that game if no fans there.
Seattle may have fans, they should , at least 10.000 it would help seattle.

Now I have no idea what we will see dallas do on offense or defense in this game, and we can brainstorm and suggest, and then
cowboys dont do any of it lol even if it is good ideas. Too bad they dont read here.

I am a little more confident just because dallas showed they can score more than 20 points.
Seattle is a top nfc team this year and 2-0 for a reason. They play good on O and D, so this is a good test for cowboys.

Also a home team always has advantages aside from just the fans and noise.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
come out slinging it. pass-first approach.
their pass defense is terrible. but wilson is going to carve up dallas' defense no matter what.
prepare to win a shootout.

John813

Reaction score
Run on first down 80 % of the time. Defense won't be expecting it.

catiii

Reaction score
Special teams Voodoo compliments of Greg Zuerlein and Bones Fassel!!
Cowboys win it basically w the same aggressive MM game plan we used this last week!!!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Keep Seattle offense off field ball. Run ball control offense not necessarily run ,run pass. Keep them off balance and be effective in red zone we need 7's not 3's. The less time the defense spends on field the better. I don't trust this D

Disagree.

Don't let Seattle offense beat us twice and force our high powered offense to play slow caveman football.

They need to worry about keeping our offense off the field.

If we play "ball control" it better be at a quick tempo because that is what we are actually good at.

If we play Garrett ball it's a coin flip but we will not be playing to our strengths.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Not against a spy but I would use Thomas or a DB. Jaylon will never be able to smell his jock strap.
Yeah in 2018 playoff game Jaylon was embarrassed by Russ all game and cost us the playoff game. Oh wait, we won that game.

starfan1

Reaction score
Disagree.

Don't let Seattle offense beat us twice and force our high powered offense to play slow caveman football.

They need to worry about keeping our offense off the field.

If we play "ball control" it better be at a quick tempo because that is what we are actually good at.

If we play Garrett ball it's a coin flip but we will not be playing to our strengths.

so what your telling me is you have seen this defense the first 2 weeks and your confident that they can hold Seattle under say 25 points.? You would rather have the fate of the game determined by the defense and not the offense?

We dont have to play slow caveman offense but we do need Seattles potent offense to be on sidelines. If our quick strikes result in 7 Im ok with that but Russell and that offense has been balling and hes the truth

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
so what your telling me is you have seen this defense the first 2 weeks and your confident that they can hold Seattle under say 25 points.? You would rather have the fate of the game determined by the defense and not the offense?

We dont have to play slow caveman offense but we do need Seattles potent offense to be on sidelines. If our quick strikes result in 7 Im ok with that but Russell and that offense has been balling and hes the truth

Let's discuss defense.

Week 1.. As bad as it looked.. We gave up 20.

Week 2.. As bad as it looked.. We gave up 19 off turnovers.

NFL defenses are not playing good right now. That's league wide.

Here is the thing too.. Seattle's defense isn't that good anymore and they just lost Bruce Irvin for the season.

There is no reason to play with the mentality that we need to keep Wilson off the field by making our offense conservative.

Also, I think we will be better at sustaining drives and ultimately scoring points if we play with a sense of urgency most of the game.

We have a chance to have an elite NFL offense like KC/Baltimore/NO/ATL/ Ect... Why would we do the opposite of what those teams would do and play a slow boring brand of football because Russell Wilson is on the other side? No thank you.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Keep Seattle offense off field ball. Run ball control offense not necessarily run ,run pass. Keep them off balance and be effective in red zone we need 7's not 3's. The less time the defense spends on field the better. I don't trust this D
But Seattle's defense is giving up the most yards in the NFL, but very little rushing yard, so an aggressive passing game seems to be the way to attack them. Besides, the Cowboy's offense seems to bog down when going conservative.

It was different when the Boys had Smith, Frederick and Martin on the O-Line at their peak, but of that group only Martin remains at the level he has been. And Collins is also out. We essentially are relying on backups to cover 3 O-Line spots, and the LG is only average. Bottom line is the O-Line just can't dominate the line of scrimmage the way it once did.

starfan1

Reaction score
Let's discuss defense.

Week 1.. As bad as it looked.. We gave up 20.

Week 2.. As bad as it looked.. We gave up 19 off turnovers.

NFL defenses are not playing good right now. That's league wide.

Here is the thing too.. Seattle's defense isn't that good anymore and they just lost Bruce Irvin for the season.

There is no reason to play with the mentality that we need to keep Wilson off the field by making our offense conservative.

Also, I think we will be better at sustaining drives and ultimately scoring points if we play with a sense of urgency most of the game.

We have a chance to have an elite NFL offense like KC/Baltimore/NO/ATL/ Ect... Why would we do the opposite of what those teams would do and play a slow boring brand of football because Russell Wilson is on the other side? No thank you.

well I respectfully disagree. This D sucks especially the front 7. We just need to score alot

starfan1

Reaction score
But Seattle's defense is giving up the most yards in the NFL, but very little rushing yard, so an aggressive passing game seems to be the way to attack them. Besides, the Cowboy's offense seems to bog down when going conservative.

It was different when the Boys had Smith, Frederick and Martin on the O-Line at their peak, but of that group only Martin remains at the level he has been. And Collins is also out. We essentially are relying on backups to cover 3 O-Line spots, and the LG is only average. Bottom line is the O-Line just can't dominate the line of scrimmage the way it once did.

I dont need them to dominate anything but TOP and if we can win turnover battle. I have 0 faith in defense its not as advertised. I also am concerned with the Oline as you are but I thought they came together after Tank left game. If we score quickly its ok as long as it 7 points not 3.

Dak does appear to play better up-tempo but the only way we win this game is to outscore them. I know thats a cliche I mean we are going to have to put up numbers like last week and I just dont see Seattle as bad as Atlanta

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
well I respectfully disagree. This D sucks especially the front 7. We just need to score alot

The path to us scoring a lot isn't us playing with our foot on the break offensively.

That leads to a 50/50 game that hopefully we get a break or call in our favor.

They spent 20 million on a WR, and a 1st round pick as well. The WR's are the strength of our team.

We need to play basketball on grass because that is our strength.

Let the pass set up the run and let fast pace be our weapon.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Haha at the folks saying run the ball and control time of possession.

On offense this team needs to come put throwing the ball all over Seattle. They might have the worst secondary in the league.

Before the clowns reply, I'm not saying to go completely away from the run but in no way do you not attack Seattle's weakness. For all these folks that wanted Garrett gone, y'all sure do want to run his gameplan

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I dont need them to dominate anything but TOP and if we can win turnover battle. I have 0 faith in defense its not as advertised. I also am concerned with the Oline as you are but I thought they came together after Tank left game. If we score quickly its ok as long as it 7 points not 3.

Dak does appear to play better up-tempo but the only way we win this game is to outscore them. I know thats a cliche I mean we are going to have to put up numbers like last week and I just dont see Seattle as bad as Atlanta
Seattle's defense is absolutely worst then Atlanta's. Atlanta offense is slight worst then Seattle.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I understand (and share) your concern about the defense, but again, when we have had success in the past dominating time of possession it was with an elite O-Line. But this isn't the O-Line we had in 2014 with DeMarco Murray and Romo, or in 2016 with Dak and Zeke. Those O-Lines made it possible to dominate TOP with strong running and conservative, efficient passing.

My fear is that if we are very conservative the offense will bog down, and we won't score enough to have a chance. We weren't very aggressive passing the ball against the Rams, and the offense bogged down. I recall last year after 3 weeks of dynamic offense, we went conservative against the Saints, and struggled then. I think we have to trust our offense a little, and take advantage of the fact the Seattle defense is giving up 416 passing yards per game.