Premature but if the Cowboys make it to the second round of the playoffs

IceBowler

Reaction score
Not at all thinking we're in the playoffs at this juncture but, it appears to me IF we do make it in ... and get a 1st round win (home game), it would be significantly better to go to LA and play the Sheep than to have to go to the Super-dome and see NO again.

Just saw a stat that's pretty amazing ... The "Ain'ts" have never lost a playoff game at home and never won one on the road. Would love to see something happen where one of these two would have to travel but I believe that's more presumptuous than us being in with a 1st round win ...

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Not at all thinking we're in the playoffs at this juncture but, it appears to me IF we do make it in ... and get a 1st round win (home game), it would be significantly better to go to LA and play the Sheep than to have to go to the Super-dome and see NO again.

Just saw a stat that's pretty amazing ... The "Ain'ts" have never lost a playoff game at home and never won one on the road. Would love to see something happen where one of these two would have to travel but I believe that's more presumptuous than us being in with a 1st round win ...
No question about it. Stay clear of the Voodoo Lounge.The Saints have always been a different team there.

Pants

Reaction score
How about this scenario:

We end up third in seeding...and then both Rams and Saints are upset in their games. Home field NFC championship.

OK...that's some serious dreaming, but...
:flagwave:
1 and 2 seeds with byes and assuming Dallas wins their playoff game at #3 seed, they would play at #2 seed; now, the #1 could lose their game so the #3 Cowboys could host the NFCCG

ultron

Reaction score
Not sure if you guys know how the playoffs work but here's how it goes down (based on current standings):

1- Rams
2- Saints
3- Bears
4- Cowboys
5- Seahawks
6- Commanders

First round:
1 and 2 seeds get a bye
3 vs 6
4 vs 5

Second Round:
1 seed plays lowest seed, so let's say the Cowboys (4) and Bears (3) win their home games - which they should. The Cowboys would go to la and play the Rams and the Bears would go get beat in New Orleans.

NFC championship:
Cowboys would travel to beat the day lights out of New Orleans like they should have on Thursday (the Saints fumbled like 5 times and recovered all of them, the Cowboys also committed twice as many penalties for twice as much yards - and the Boys' kneeled the ball 3 times on the 1 yard line to end the game. Nothing about that game was close, it should've been 30-10 and we'd whoop them again).

I'm not scared of any of these punks, let's get it!!

Alweezy

Reaction score

At some point you have to play New Orleans in NOLA. If someone knocks them out for you, now you have to play a defense that was good enough to stop the Saints offense in New Orleans. There are no easy paths in this dance.

I do agree that that of all the venues to go to in the postseason, LA would be the closest to a Cowboys home game as the Coliseum has been taken over every home game by the opposing fanbase. We have the Oxnard connection in California and would certainly have a large share of fans at the game. It would actually be a sight to see I bet that we may have more Cowboys fans than Rams fans if that ticket happened.

Paradox

Reaction score
A better scenario would be to steal the #2 seed from the Saints. Far fetched but it could happen. They play the Bucs next who are the only other team to beat them. Then the Panthers, Steelers, and Panthers again. If they spiral into oblivion and drop 3 of their last 4, and our Boys win out, bam! We've got #2.

conner01

Reaction score
Crazy how we went from draft threads to playoff threads in a few short weeks
Nothing like a win to change everything
The draft zone would have been very busy had we lost a couple of these last games
Now people are checking prices on Super Bowl tickets

Alweezy

Reaction score
A better scenario would be to steal the #2 seed from the Saints. Far fetched but it could happen. They play the Bucs next who are the only other team to beat them. Then the Panthers, Steelers, and Panthers again. If they spiral into oblivion and drop 3 of their last 4, and our Boys win out, bam! We've got #2.

That actually could happen. They could easily lose 2 out of 4 on that schedule. But winning all of those games early on has given them a great luxury and it's probably too little too late. I think we should see if the Bears expose the Rams a bit next week similar to how B'more gave the Saints away. it will also be interesting to see how the Saints adjust when Kamara/Ingram is taken away by other defenses.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score

Either way dak is taking us to the superbowl

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I still think this secondary is going to get exposed at some point - I don’t trust our safeties or Awuzie/Brown

This season is reminding me a lot of 2009 - just with a worse QB

Going to end with a blowout in the playoffs, and sadly, Garrett will still have his job.

AmericasTeam81

Reaction score
Not sure if you guys know how the playoffs work but here's how it goes down (based on current standings):

1- Rams
2- Saints
3- Bears
4- Cowboys
5- Seahawks
6- Commanders

First round:
1 and 2 seeds get a bye
3 vs 6
4 vs 5

Second Round:
1 seed plays lowest seed, so let's say the Cowboys (4) and Bears (3) win their home games - which they should. The Cowboys would go to la and play the Rams and the Bears would go get beat in New Orleans.

NFC championship:
Cowboys would travel to beat the day lights out of New Orleans like they should have on Thursday (the Saints fumbled like 5 times and recovered all of them, the Cowboys also committed twice as many penalties for twice as much yards - and the Boys' kneeled the ball 3 times on the 1 yard line to end the game. Nothing about that game was close, it should've been 30-10 and we'd whoop them again).

I'm not scared of any of these punks, let's get it!!

I like your enthusiasm!