Twitter: Prescott By The Numbers: Facts Over Fiction

GINeric

Reaction score
You should focus more on the scarecrow. He's more up your alley.

Opportunity? What opportunity? lol

I know... im the scarecrow huh. That sounds real convincing behind that keyboard. What opportunity???

The opportunity is there if you really want it but for some reason, this is the part where lil dudes like you go run snitching to the mods. Im not going to fall for that bait again, but if you're serious, there's many ways to give me what i need to create that "opportunity" for you. Let's see how serious you are about getting your opportunity.

I'll wait...

GINeric

Reaction score
You forgot a great coaching staff. McVay is so good he even took Goff to a SB. Same w/Shanahan & the Niners. Jimmy G. is horrible. Without a decent coaching staff, the Defense wouldn't win any championships either.

Whose at center doesn't matter. It's a proven fact. Wodgers has been in the league 15 years & only has one SB championship to show for it. Far from "elite" in my book!

Its amazing how they conveniently leave out the importance of great coordinators/play callers when judging the activity of quarterbacks. That helps tell the story of quarterbacks development.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You forgot a great coaching staff. McVay is so good he even took Goff to a SB. Same w/Shanahan & the Niners. Jimmy G. is horrible. Without a decent coaching staff, the Defense wouldn't win any championships either.

Whose at center doesn't matter. It's a proven fact. Wodgers has been in the league 15 years & only has one SB championship to show for it. Far from "elite" in my book!
You're a Washington fan.

Nobody cares.

Haimerej

Reaction score
You're right!! Understanding the history of the game and how it evolved do require actual thought.

The same actual thought that declares Jim Brown the greatest running back in history. That consists of all eras. The same actual thought of any of the greatest at any position in history. That includes all eras. Give that some actual thought....

"Give that some actual thought." I like how you try to use my point against me as if I'm saying something different than what you're saying above. It's like you're not understanding what I'm saying. You're bringing up Dak's numbers as an argument and the, "different eras," argument undermines your point.

For example, Peyton's worst year was his rookie year. In his first 6 years he was never lower than 3rd in passing yards and 5th in passing TDs- with multiple years leading the league in those categories. Compared to his peers, Dak has only been in the top 7 of yards and top 5 of TDs twice each. He didn’t break top 10 in the other years.

GINeric

Reaction score
"Give that some actual thought." I like how you try to use my point against me as if I'm saying something different than what you're saying above. It's like you're not understanding what I'm saying. You're bringing up Dak's numbers as an argument and the, "different eras," argument undermines your point.

For example, Peyton's worst year was his rookie year. In his first 6 years he was never lower than 3rd in passing yards and 5th in passing TDs- with multiple years leading the league in those categories. Compared to his peers, Dak has only been in the top 7 of yards and top 5 of TDs twice each. He didn’t break top 10 in the other years.

I understand what you're saying. I respect your take.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Who's to say Dak couldn't do the same in his 6th full year of playing??? THAT'S why I brought up Manning. You don't like the fact that Dak had slightly better stats than Manning leading up to that 6th year and you definitely don't like the fact that when you brought up Dak only having one playoff win up to that point and then I brought up Manning only having one.

No. You brought up Manning because you claimed he had done nothing in his first 6 years see:

Well if we can give the P.Manning and Brees a pass and room to grow after 6 years and 1 playoff win with lesser stats than Dak... then I dont see why Dak deserves a chance to get better and improve as well. Im all for giving Dak a chance because he's the best qb we've had since a young Romo and Dak is better than he was then.

Nobody wants to sit another 8, 9 years with a bunch of nobody's when we already have a QB whos been top 10 since he got in the league. Thats all im saying....

Manning was the MVP and lead his team to the conference championship game his 6th year in the league. I mean what you said about Manning is flat out false.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There are 17 games in a season now, so a 5,000 passing yard season is much more attainable, especially in the modern era of the NFL. There have been 14 5,000-yard seasons in NFL history, & two of them happened this past season. Dak got close to the feat himself in 2019 when he recorded 4,902 passing yards. So, a season like this is very within reach.

Before his calf injury against the Patriots this past season, Dak was on pace for over 5,100 passing yards. With an easier schedule this season, I expect Dak to tear up defenses, through the air & on the ground.
And I don't care, nor ever will, what hater's have to say. BOOM!

@America's Cowboy

not without quality oline play he won’t.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There are no credible arguments about daks shortcomings. Only nit picking.

Haimerej

Reaction score
There are no credible arguments about daks shortcomings. Only nit picking.

Nitpicking the details is usually the difference between really good and great, right? Even many of Dak's defenders generally argue that he's, "good enough to win with." The question is whether Jerry can build around good enough.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I know... im the scarecrow huh. That sounds real convincing behind that keyboard. What opportunity???

The opportunity is there if you really want it but for some reason, this is the part where lil dudes like you go run snitching to the mods. Im not going to fall for that bait again, but if you're serious, there's many ways to give me what i need to create that "opportunity" for you. Let's see how serious you are about getting your opportunity.

I'll wait...
Who said I wanted an opportunity? I'm just wondering how this opportunity you keep going on about comes about. Seems unlikely.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Nitpicking the details is usually the difference between really good and great, right? Even many of Dak's defenders generally argue that he's, "good enough to win with." The question is whether Jerry can build around good enough.

really good and great? So whats the difference?

GINeric

Reaction score
No. You brought up Manning because you claimed he had done nothing in his first 6 years see:

Manning was the MVP and lead his team to the conference championship game his 6th year in the league. I mean what you said about Manning is flat out false.

Ok. Let's see what Dak can do his 6th full year. But year 1 through 5,6, early in their careers, call it what you want. Dak still had one playoff game win just like he had with better stats. What im saying isn't false. Numbers don't lie. Im not perfect and would never claim to be and I can miscalculate. But i know Manning, Brees and a whole lot of other quarterbacks couldn't do what Dak did his first 5,6 years.

Im still waiting to hear how a tier 4 bum like Dak can put himself in the record books this early in his career.

GINeric

Reaction score
Who said I wanted an opportunity? I'm just wondering how this opportunity you keep going on about comes about. Seems unlikely.

That's easy. Were in the information age. Its very likely and very easy.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Ok. Let's see what Dak can do his 6th full year. But year 1 through 5,6, early in their careers, call it what you want. Dak still had one playoff game win just like he had with better stats. What im saying isn't false. Numbers don't lie. Im not perfect and would never claim to be and I can miscalculate. But i know Manning, Brees and a whole lot of other quarterbacks couldn't do what Dak did his first 5,6 years.

Im still waiting to hear how a tier 4 bum like Dak can put himself in the record books this early in his career.
Maybe Dak will reach the next level this year and maybe he won't. That remains to be seen.

What happens if he doesn't though? Does the bar move to 7 years and we get a list of 3 or 4 other QBs that didn't get going until year 7? That's what I want to know. At what point do we agree that Dak might not be the guy for the Cowboys? Does it ever get there?

If he proved me wrong I would happily admit it, but if he continues to lead us to nothing, and heaven forbid gets worse, would you admit that we might need to go a different direction? Or would you stubbornly hold on to your belief in him?

About the tier 4 thing... You're not complaining that I have someone like Baker Mayfield (who set the record for TD passes for a rookie his rookie season) or Cam Newton (who set the record for passing yards for a rookie his rookie season, won an MVP, and lead his team to a Super Bowl) in my 5th tier. Those guys are in the record books too. There's actually a lot of players you wouldn't expect to be in the record books for things (Kirk Cousins comes to mind. Another 4th tier guy).

My tiers aren't based on what they did in their first 4 or 5 years. My tiers are based on right now. And as I told you before they could easily change next season.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Of course not. Because D wins championships. Stacked O's are only as good as the D being able to make stops.

Manalive, never thought I'd have to explain that on here. I mean, this is NFL Football 101 stuff.
My point was Brady is the only guy to win with less . That’s all. No need to be condescending

GINeric

Reaction score
Maybe Dak will reach the next level this year and maybe he won't. That remains to be seen.

What happens if he doesn't though? Does the bar move to 7 years and we get a list of 3 or 4 other QBs that didn't get going until year 7? That's what I want to know. At what point do we agree that Dak might not be the guy for the Cowboys? Does it ever get there?

If he proved me wrong I would happily admit it, but if he continues to lead us to nothing, and heaven forbid gets worse, would you admit that we might need to go a different direction? Or would you stubbornly hold on to your belief in him?

About the tier 4 thing... You're not complaining that I have someone like Baker Mayfield (who set the record for TD passes for a rookie his rookie season) or Cam Newton (who set the record for passing yards for a rookie his rookie season, won an MVP, and lead his team to a Super Bowl) in my 5th tier. Those guys are in the record books too. There's actually a lot of players you wouldn't expect to be in the record books for things (Kirk Cousins comes to mind. Another 4th tier guy).

My tiers aren't based on what they did in their first 4 or 5 years. My tiers are based on right now. And as I told you before they could easily change next season.

Thats fair. All im saying is we can't write one qb off at year 5, 6 but give others longer leashes at the same time frame.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Thats fair. All im saying is we can't write one qb off at year 5, 6 but give others longer leashes at the same time frame.
I don't know where you get that I'm giving anybody else a longer leash though.

I would have said the same things about Manning and Brees that I'm saying about Dak right now if they were the Cowboys QB and wasn't leading us to post season success. I would be calling their numbers empty just like I do Dak.

I would have been wrong about them and maybe I'm wrong about Dak, but I'm not wrong about Dak yet.

GINeric

Reaction score
I don't know where you get that I'm giving anybody else a longer leash though.

I would have said the same things about Manning and Brees that I'm saying about Dak right now if they were the Cowboys QB and wasn't leading us to post season success. I would be calling their numbers empty just like I do Dak.

I would have been wrong about them and maybe I'm wrong about Dak, but I'm not wrong about Dak yet.

Fair enough.