Prescott or Dalton: Who do you want starting

Who do you want starting

• Total voters

jnday

Reaction score
All due respect, there shouldn't be one. I can't imagine a single poster who would rather see Dalton starting over Dak.
There are several fans that had rather see Dalton starting. He is much cheaper and there is not much difference in talent. It is an easy decision if you are wanting what’s best for the team instead of Dak.

Section446

Reaction score
If Dak is playing under the tag, no doubt about it, Dak... If it's Dak under the highest contract in NFL history, give me Dalton all day.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Starting Dalton means they’ve moved on from Dak which is my number 1 desire in regards to this team.

Well second to Jerry selling the team.

Let Dalton start this year and draft a QB
Dalton starts this year means you probably arent winning even 8 games, which wastes the first year of Mike McCarthy's. You dont hire a a coach like McCarthy to rebuild. You hire him to win with what Garrett failed to win with in 2019. You want to move on from Dak and draft another QB, then they would have hired a coach to rebuild with.

People that are all in on Dalton dont realize that he has only had two season in his career where he wasnt a below average QB. And most of his career he had winning talent around him. Dalton as a starter is a complete hail mary. And that isnt what our coaching staff signed up for

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Its not half. But it is still a frightening amount

It was more than half when I voted. The great thing about polls like this is it provides a list of names of the clueless on the board. It takes a lot of nerve to click a button that puts you on record as being stupid.

Last edited:

Proof

Reaction score
Dalton could probably have gotten 15 million or so on the market as a short term starter if he had been released before FA. But you are getting a hail mary at best with him as your starter

what makes you say that when mariota and jameis couldn’t sniff that, and cam can’t get a job?

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Dalton starts this year means you probably arent winning even 8 games, which wastes the first year of Mike McCarthy's. You dont hire a a coach like McCarthy to rebuild. You hire him to win with what Garrett failed to win with in 2019. You want to move on from Dak and draft another QB, then they would have hired a coach to rebuild with.

People that are all in on Dalton dont realize that he has only had two season in his career where he wasnt a below average QB. And most of his career he had winning talent around him. Dalton as a starter is a complete hail mary. And that isnt what our coaching staff signed up for
Weird line of thinking...

Lets not act like McCarthy had a line of other jobs waiting for him. He interviewed with the Giants AND Panthers. Both teams are in the middle of a rebuild.

McCarthy isnt some old coach that is in his twilight coaching years.

That is just fanspeak

jnday

Reaction score
So you would take a guy that's 33 and about as mobile as tree trunk over a 26 year old mobile Qb? And one that has finished top 10 repeatedly? Of course the money is issue but we don't pay it, don't tell me ticket prices go up as the salaries are tied to TV revenues not ticket prices. So really the thing that separates the Dak crowd from the Dak complainers it's about style of play, there are times with Dak might not be pretty at times but I don't care about style points- he gets the job done, he's walked off the field as a winner far more than a loser.

I don't care for this part of the game as the business end is exactly that- pure business. I actually wish that the clubs would not discuss actual figures in the press, if Dak signs for 15 million or 30 million, you and I won't care how much they payed him. He is the same player at 15 as he is at 30 and from what I hear about his work ethic is he is the same guy at 2 million a year that he is now...

I can see both sides of the argument fiscally from the Boys perspective and I can see from Dak's perspective. I can't wait until I don't hear about his contract talk cause that's all I've heard the past two off seasons- COWBOYS salaries- I'm tired
What job has he got done? Did I miss several NFC championships and Super Bowls?

Proof

Reaction score

Lets not act like McCarthy had a line of other jobs waiting for him. He interviewed with the Giants AND Panthers. Both teams are in the middle of a rebuild.

That is just fanspeak

assume he means “we don’t”. McCarthy as the hire for this team at this time does seem to signify a desire to right the ship, as is, quickly.

Nav22

Reaction score
There are several fans that had rather see Dalton starting. He is much cheaper and there is not much difference in talent. It is an easy decision if you are wanting what’s best for the team instead of Dak.
“DURRRRRR COLT McCOY AND TYROD TAYLOR ARE JUST AS GOOD AS DAK!!”

“I WILL NEVER ACCEPT DAK AS THE COWBOYS STARTING QB NO MATTER WHAT, I SWEAR THAT’S NOT CODE FOR ANYTHING!!”

Feels good knowing you’re losing at life, coward. Dak is RUINING this era of Cowboys football for you.

Dak is ruining YOU.

I love that you’re too big a coward to admit that you’d prefer Andy Dalton to Dak EVEN IF their salaries were identical.

Dak’s superior play is shaming you into silence.
:lmao2:

Last edited:

Redline360

Reaction score
Still think Dak is the better quarteback but not by a large margin. I am however in the boat...

Would rather have Dalton and spend the money on key defensive pieces that are much needed then taking on Daks insane contract demands

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

That is just fanspeak
McCarthy isnt a team builder either. He doesnt have personel acumen like a Parcells where you can will he willing to wait because he can build your roster. You hire a guy like McCarthy to get the most out of the roster you have on hand. He wouldnt have been a good hire in NY or Carolina. NY's actual hires just tells me they dont really know what they want.

Either way, going with a guy that has had a QB rating over 90 isnt good for anything but a desperate organization. Even if its for one year. This is NFL, where going with that caliber QB is a wasted season. Especially when you have won 40 games in the last 4 years.

Like Prescott or not, what is going to happen should be clear to everyone. For better or worse. He will get signed on or before July 15th. That a 5th year is even on the table now with his camp shows they are moving closer. McCarthy is signed for 5 years ( I believe). Those two are tied together. If McCarthy fails, so will Prescott. If McCarthy is gone, Prescott will be as well. McCarthy will be fired before his final year if he fails, and at the point the Cowboys will be able to get out of Prescott's deal and start a rebuild. Those two are tied together.