Prescott or Dalton: Who do you want starting

Who do you want starting

• Total voters

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Speaking of them strictly as players, putting aside the cap and all - I think Dak's a better player, and that's who I voted for in your poll. But I don't think the gap is huge, and if something unexpected happened, I'd feel comfortable with Dalton playing.

Yeah I’m not voting..

Player for player then of course I take Dak.

Contract factored in then of course I take Dalton.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Not a myth. Overpaying any player makes it harder to put together a super bowl roster. Simple fact.
Is a myth. What player can the cowboys not pay? Already 30 plus million on the cap this season and they signed more upper free agents then they have in the past.

jnday

Reaction score
You didn't like Dak when he was paid less than a backup but you rather have Dalton, a subpar player compared to Dak, making more than a backup....... it's a myth that with Daks contract it wouldn't allow them to pay other players and that's just false.
I am sure the 15-20 million saved by getting rid of Dak would have no impact. I am sure that it’s just a myth that a 35 million cap hit is more than a 15 million cap hit. By the way, Dak’s stats and Dalton’s stats have been compared and posted on this board before. It is not much difference without this last season’s stats added and last season’s stats didn’t result in wins for Dak, see I they was empty as far as I am concerned.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Not a myth. Overpaying any player makes it harder to put together a super bowl roster. Simple fact.

Harder, not impossible. The days of players, especially QBs, taking a financial hit for the team are over,. Teams will figure out a way to get the players they need.

Also, Dak as starter. Just glad we have a real backup for once.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I am sure the 15-20 million saved by getting rid of Dak would have no impact. I am sure that it’s just a myth that a 35 million cap hit is more than a 15 million cap hit. By the way, Dak’s stats and Dalton’s stats have been compared and posted on this board before. It is not much difference without this last season’s stats added and last season’s stats didn’t result in wins for Dak, see I they was empty as far as I am concerned.
Dalton is signed for 1 year, you really think Dalton isn't going to ask for the market next season if he has this great season that you are predicting....... Dalton will ask, and get, 30 plus million with a good season. Now you want to pay a subpar player, lose Dak and be in QB carousel again

Dallasfann

Reaction score
If Dak asks for the moon my choice is Dalton. So my answer is Dalton.

Nav22

Reaction score
Let them switch teams last year and the numbers flip.
Cute excuse. You wish it were that simple.

You really, really do.

Why will Dak be making 10x more than Dalton in 2020?
:laugh:

stilltheguru

Reaction score
People are funny. A coworker of mine is an Ohio native and a big Bengals fan. He says Dalton is absolute garbage and Bengals fans are so glad he’s gone.
If he had mobility hed be cool but nah, hes a back up

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
People are funny. A coworker of mine is an Ohio native and a big Bengals fan. He says Dalton is absolute garbage and Bengals fans are so glad he’s gone.

Bengals have been hot garbage for a few years now. No Qb was going to fix their ills.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Well let's see, Dalton is 32 years old Dak is 26.
Cooper is 25, Zeke 24, Gallup 24, Lamb is 21, Jarwin 25, Pollard 23, Wilson 24, Brown 24.

So start a 32 year old who hasn't thrown a single pass to any of the Dallas receivers, has had 4 chances to win a playoff game and lost them all and has a career rating of 87.5, over a 26 year old with multiple games with the receivers, a playoff win and a rating of 97?

Nope...

ghst187

Reaction score
Speaking of them strictly as players, putting aside the cap and all - I think Dak's a better player, and that's who I voted for in your poll. But I don't think the gap is huge, and if something unexpected happened, I'd feel comfortable with Dalton playing.

I mostly agree, I think the gap is bigger though at this point in Daltons career. That said, def a very good backup who I think could win a few games if he had to.

Nav22

Reaction score
So here we go with the name calling and personal insults again. Didn’t the mods issue a warning about this recently?
Dak has shamed you into silence. Feels good, doesn’t it?

You wouldn’t dare admit that you prefer Dalton even if their salaries were equal.

SHAMED YOU. Into SILENCE.
:lmao2:

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Bengals have been hot garbage for a few years now. No Qb was going to fix their ills.

No, but some here say Dak's not good enough because he can't "elevate his teammates" or "make everyone around him better", Dalton apparently can't either, so might as well stick with the guy you've got, at the worst he's as good as Dalton...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Yeah I’m not voting..

Player for player then of course I take Dak.

Contract factored in then of course I take Dalton.

What has the money have to do with anything? The question posed in the post says nothing about money, just asks who you want to start...