Prescott or Dalton: Who do you want starting

Who do you want starting

• Total voters

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Went to the playoffs his first five years. I guess that is the new definition of not good?
They didnt go to the playoffs because of him. That Cincinnati team was a defensive team. If they had better QB play, they may have been able to make some runs

nobody

Reaction score
I voted Dak simply because I think in a straight up competition, Dak would win. He's better. However, if they had a competition in training camp and Dalton somehow won, I'd be okay with it. I want the best player available at every position with no preferences to seniority, etc.

But Dak would win :)

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
You really think Dalton is better than Dak?

I do, he is a better pocket passer and a more accurate passer (and i don't mean competion percentage) Dak has one thing he is better at than Dalton and that is his running ability, but after 4 years Dak still hasn't learned how to step up in the pocket and his footwork is still a mess. At this point in his career i don't think those things will change. Dalton also took a Bengals team that had some talent (not as much as Dak has had) but still a good team to the playoffs 4 consecutive seasons. I would like to see an open competition in camp for the starting job (I know it won't happen), i think Dalton would win it over Dak but i would be the 1st around here to congratulate Dak if he beat out Dalton

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm sure he'd surprise some, just not in the way that you think.

I'm having a hard time buying Dak at $35M/year, but the folks who think there's no difference between the two haven't paid much attention to AD since he left TCU.
Some these beliefs in Dalton are proof to me that alot of Cowboys fans pay little attention to the NFL outside of the Cowboys

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Went to the playoffs his first five years. I guess that is the new definition of not good?

Year one: Dalton = 58% completions, 20 TDs, 13 INTs; Bengals 9th in team defense
Year two: Dalton = 62% completions, 27 TDs, 16 INTs; Bengals 8th in team defense
Year three: Dalton = 62% completions, 33 TDs, 20 INTs; Bengals 5th in team defense
Year four: Dalton = 64% completions, 19 TDs, 17 INTs; Bengals 12th in team defense
Year five: Dalton = 65% completions, 25 TDs, 7 INTs; Bengals 2nd in team defense

Dude had a top 10 defense 4 of those 5 years and couldn't win a playoff game.
He averaged fewer than 25 TD passes and more than 14 INTs in those 5 years.

I'd swear some of you boys are just lazy. Dalton got carried by his defense. When it went to pot they stopped winning.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
They didnt go to the playoffs because of him. That Cincinnati team was a defensive team. If they had better QB play, they may have been able to make some runs

18k yards, 124 TDS and 60 int in his first five years are not JAG numbers. Like Dalton or not, he was a good QB. I think he was a product of the AFC version of the clapper and could have been better.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I do, he is a better pocket passer and a more accurate passer (and i don't mean competion percentage) Dak has one thing he is better at than Dalton and that is his running ability, but after 4 years Dak still hasn't learned how to step up in the pocket and his footwork is still a mess. At this point in his career i don't think those things will change. Dalton also took a Bengals team that had some talent (not as much as Dak has had) but still a good team to the playoffs 4 consecutive seasons. I would like to see an open competition in camp for the starting job (I know it won't happen), i think Dalton would win it over Dak but i would be the 1st around here to congratulate Dak if he beat out Dalton
If you think Dalton is better than Dak, then I really I don't know what to tell you. He has been a sub average QB his entire career, outside of two season. And for most career he had a very good OL and good weapons on offense. Dalton didn't lead those teams the the playoffs, they carried him. His playoff performance speaks to that

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I want there to be an open competition in camp with the better QB getting (Cowboys won't let that happen but it's what i want) the Job and while i don't think that would be Dak i would recognize that he is the starter if he were to beat out Dalton

Translation: you've paid little attention to Dalton since he left college. Here's what you've missed:

Year one: Dalton = 58% completions, 20 TDs, 13 INTs; Bengals 9th in team defense
Year two: Dalton = 62% completions, 27 TDs, 16 INTs; Bengals 8th in team defense
Year three: Dalton = 62% completions, 33 TDs, 20 INTs; Bengals 5th in team defense
Year four: Dalton = 64% completions, 19 TDs, 17 INTs; Bengals 12th in team defense
Year five: Dalton = 65% completions, 25 TDs, 7 INTs; Bengals 2nd in team defense

I'd swear some of you boys are just lazy. Dalton got carried by his defense. When it went to pot they stopped winning.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Accuracy is related to completions.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score

In 2016 Cowboys had the 14th ranked D
In 2017 Cowboys had the 8th Ranked D
In 2018 Cowboys had the 7th Ranked D
In 2019 Cowobys had the 9th ranked D

We only made the playoffs twice in that 4 year span. If Dalton got carried by his D (while running an offense with not as much talent as Dak as Had). The what does that say about Dak Who has missed the playoffs twice in 4 years with D's comparable to what you just posted for the Bengals.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
18k yards, 124 TDS and 60 int in his first five years are not JAG numbers. Like Dalton or not, he was a good QB. I think he was a product of the AFC version of the clapper and could have been better.
1 season above 65% completion. 2 seasons above a 90 QB rating. Only 2 seasons above 7.5 ypc. He is a consistently below average across the board. And this is with a very strong line and players like AJ Green, Tyler Eifert, Marvin Jones and Mohomad Sanu, Jeremy Hill and Giovani Bernard in his prime. Dalton is just good to not he considered bad

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
If you think Dalton is better than Dak, then I really I don't know what to tell you. He has been a sub average QB his entire career, outside of two season. And for most career he had a very good OL and good weapons on offense. Dalton didn't lead those teams the the playoffs, they carried him. His playoff performance speaks to that

So has Dak and that is who you asked me to compare him too. IMO he has been less subpar/sub average than Dak