Preseason hype

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
I think the recent crisis regarding the teams play is attributed to the fact that there was so much hype this offseason and during preseason.

Then we come out and put on a show at Cleveland. Then the Eagles and the MNF shootout. Then the SNF Packers game that was full of big plays and 3-0 teams.

After that start to a season, average play is going to be held to a tight standard. Alot of people, myself included got used to our first 3 weeks to the season. But we're not going to play like that every week. We're going to have bad weeks, and good weeks, and average weeks. It's just hard for us as fans to stay level headed with as fast as we started this season.

I'm done worrying over this team though. We'll be fine.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NextGenBoys;2315356 said:
I think the recent crisis regarding the teams play is attributed to the fact that there was so much hype this offseason and during preseason.

Then we come out and put on a show at Cleveland. Then the Eagles and the MNF shootout. Then the SNF Packers game that was full of big plays and 3-0 teams.

After that start to a season, average play is going to be held to a tight standard. Alot of people, myself included got used to our first 3 weeks to the season. But we're not going to play like that every week. We're going to have bad weeks, and good weeks, and average weeks. It's just hard for us as fans to stay level headed with as fast as we started this season.

I wouldn't say I'm worried - but I am concerned over the amount of penalties we lay up and our defense is not playing nearly as well as it needs to.

You saw last night what penalties can do to a team (Saints).

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I have noticed that our team is focused on doing a better job on flags.....and they are doing better....that is a positive.

MONT17

Reaction score
To me that's fine but an average week after a loss @ home is just a little wierd! Then to top it off the players crying about ppl crying is just not what I expected out of a Super Bowl season! I expected greatness this year aftr all of that Hard Knocks talk I spent close to 500 bucks on training camp so I could drink the koolaide! I'm spending money on direct tv and even more money on the game in Zona sorry if I expect a return on my investment!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I thought the defense played pretty well Sunday given that they gave up exactly one real drive for points in the game. The other 'drives' that the Bengals were able to score points on were another case of the defense having to start by defending from the midfield area, or closer, and that makes it very hard to keep a team from scoring in double digits.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2315356 said:

No one wants 21 to 17 victories in these parts.

They forget that the 90s Cowboys won exactly like this. Teams really didn't have a chance even when we played them closely. I just wish we had the 90s Defensive line.

khiladi

Reaction score
Clove;2316337 said:
No one wants 21 to 17 victories in these parts.

They forget that the 90s Cowboys won exactly like this. Teams really didn't have a chance even when we played them closely. I just wish we had the 90s Defensive line.

That team systematically dominated teams, so even if it appeared close it wasn't close. They would break an opponent's will by the third quarter and run Emmitt down their gut.

I don't mind those type of wins. The problem is, this team isn't systematic in it's approach it seems. They are way too inconsistent during the game, letting teams back in.

yentl911

Reaction score
I think a big issue is that fans undertand that we have the "potential" to be a great team but we can never seem to put it all together. Until we do put it all together we will be a good, competitive team, nothing more.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I hate to beat this like a drum, but we don't have consistant DLine play in the passing game, and now we're having problems in the Running game, Roy Williams, I'm sorry I talked bad about you because we need you in the running game, our ILBs and DEs have decided to be owned, especially in the CIncy game.

And we need some consistant play from our 2nd/3rd wide receivers.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Clove;2316411 said:
I hate to beat this like a drum, but we don't have consistant DLine play in the passing game, and now we're having problems in the Running game, Roy Williams, I'm sorry I talked bad about you because we need you in the running game, our ILBs and DEs have decided to be owned, especially in the CIncy game.

And we need some consistant play from our 2nd/3rd wide receivers.

I want Roy back as well, but we gave up 61 yards on 23 carries and forced a fumble that we recovered.

I dont exactly consider that getting owned. If anything, we owned them.