Pressure rates allowed stats

InTheZone

Reaction score
Ok, do you have a specific game that you believe Romo wouldn’t have won? If so, which one and why?
I cant give specifics to which he would lose. I can only take what we've seen and gauge yeah Romo wouldve made a better throw or decision there.

It's never a clear cut answer though. Playcalling would be different, presnap would be different, reads would be different, defense would be playing different coverages. Teams would likely be more aggressive on offense to keep the ball away from us at the end of the game, etc.

I dont see Dak scaring defenses and any spark of hope is gone when we're trailing in the 2nd half. Literally just there to watch how it unfolds with hope for the best. Before I always felt we would always manage a comeback, no matter how large lead the opposition had.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I cant give specifics to which he would lose. I can only take what we've seen and gauge yeah Romo wouldve made a better throw or decision there.

It's never a clear cut answer though. Playcalling would be different, presnap would be different, reads would be different, defense would be playing different coverages. Teams would likely be more aggressive on offense to keep the ball away from us at the end of the game, etc.

I dont see Dak scaring defenses and as mentioned by the op any spark of hope is gone when we're trailing in the 2nd half. Literally just there to watch how it unfolds with hope for the best. Before I always felt we would always manage a comeback, no matter how large lead the opposition had.
Yup. That’s another thing. Garbage time stats for Romo being characterized as never being out of a game. :laugh:

The fact is since you personally had more confidence in Romo you chose to defend him but are unwilling to defend Dak for some of the same circumstances. Dak doesn’t warrant any excuse for poor offensive line play, but Romo did.

Last edited:

InTheZone

Reaction score
Yup. That’s another thing. Garbage time stats for Romo being characterized as never being out of a game. :laugh:

The fact is since you personally had more confidence in Romo you chose to defend him but are unwilling to defend Dak for some of the same circumstances. Dak doesn’t warrant any excuse for poor offensive line play, but Romo does.
I never said anything about poor offensive line play and Romo. With Dak I dont see a threat, its more of a playcalling dictates his performance. Does Dak pose a threat to defenses? Has any defender ever come out and said that dude is a special player? I feel bad for Dak in losing games sometimes because I know the end result and duds are what we get too often. That's all.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I never said anything about poor offensive line play and Romo. With Dak I dont see a threat, its more of a playcalling dictates his performance. Does Dak pose a threat to defenses? Has any defender ever come out and said that dude is a special player? I feel bad for Dak in losing games sometimes because I know the end result and duds are what we get too often. That's all.

What you said was Romo would have won when I said the offensive line would have been under attack. I don’t know everything defenders have said, so possibly, possibly not. I would have to research it.

Doesn’t change the fact Dak is judged by different standards than other QBs (including Romo) because people don’t like him, for whatever reason.

If Romo were under that much pressure, the offensive line would be blamed and Romo would be excused. How do I know? It happened for 9 years, plus the 4 years after he quit playing.

InTheZone

Reaction score
What you said was Romo would have won when I said the offensive line would have been under attack. I don’t know everything defenders have said, so possibly, possibly not. I would have to research it.

Doesn’t change the fact Dak is judged by different standards than other QBs (including Romo) because people don’t like him, for whatever reason.

If Romo were under that much pressure, the offensive line would be blamed and Romo would be excused. How do I know? It happened for 9 years, plus the 4 years after he quit playing.
In this tight game and our lack of a passing threat yes I feel Romo wouldve done more to help possibly win. The safe game only carries you so far.

weaver21

Reaction score
4 years later and people are still bringing up Romo just to hate on him to prop up Dak or vice versa. It's insane that Cowboys fans are still this obsessed with a guy who is entering his 4th season in the commentary booth.

phildadon86

Reaction score
If Romo was still our QB the offensive line would be under attack today.
Literally arguing with @Dallasfann about romo in another thread. Apparently. When Romo had the ball in the 4th quarter it was great to watch and "magical" but Dak not so much. Forgive me. But were you confident in young Romo in the 4th quarter? Just curious.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Literally arguing with @Dallasfann about romo in another thread. Apparently. When Romo had the ball in the 4th quarter it was great to watch and "magical" but Dak not so much. Forgive me. But were you confident in young Romo in the 4th quarter? Just curious.
I was a huge Romo fan and defended him up until other Romo fans decided to treat Dak the way Romo was treated simply because Romo haters started praising Dak Prescott in 2016. This is a year after they gloated during the 2015 season to prove how valuable Romo was while we went 1-11. They seemed to enjoy the losing and then seemed pretty miserable during 2016 while we were winning without Romo. Then Romo was put on some pedestal after we lost to GB in the playoffs. Since then I have been a pretty big Romo hater because I am no longer arguing against claims that Romo sucKs, but arguing against him being some great QB that didn’t win only because others held him back.

That said, I had the same amount of confidence in the team with Romo as I have now with Dak. Regardless of how well the team is playing, I am constantly waiting for the shoe to drop. And even in Romo’s comebacks, usually the team played like crap against a mediocre to bad team and we found a way to escape with a win.

I have a significant lack of confidence in the team’s ability to win regardless of who the QB has been. I just root for them to win and I try to be consistent in my criticisms. Example, I won’t blame Garrett for making a coaching blunder to cost us a game but then turn around and excuse McCarthy for it. I do the same for all other positions too, like my criticism of Zeke is the exact same criticism I had of Murray (lack of home run hitting ability).

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Like I said, awards. Records. And how one talks football. Easy to see who knows what they are talking about.

NEXT!
How you talk football is why everyone should doubt you.
You say awards. Gee, that's impressive. What you say.

Hey everyone, I'm a current all-pro with superbowl rings just having fun on these forums.

See, now you have to respect my opinion. :rolleyes:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

It was as bad as it looked.

Its a sad day for Cowboys fans when the Giants Oline is better then ours. And the Giants played the best defense in football yesterday and they didn't even have the pressure problem that we had.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
Exactly what people failed to realize before bashing Dak about going long. Ummmm did y'all watch the game. Dak didn't have time. The pocket was consistently sloppy. Guys slipping through blocks with ease. Hell I think Aaron Donald had more pressures on Dak then we did as a team vs the Rams. Still don't understand why we didn't try keeping more people in to block or move the pocket more but the game is over on to the next.

You do know Dak can audible right ??

This is what you people who smell Dak's sacs keep leaving out .

HE's the F- in QB !!!

KILL! KILL !

or as Dak , no audible. Panic feet, throw off back foot . Look to pass with 30 seconds left to the short guy in the middle for 5 yards .

take you goggles off and watch some tape !!

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
You do know Dak can audible right ??

This is what you people who smell Dak's sacs keep leaving out .

HE's the F- in QB !!!

KILL! KILL !

or as Dak , no audible. Panic feet, throw off back foot . Look to pass with 30 seconds left to the short guy in the middle for 5 yards .

take you goggles off and watch some tape !!

He can audible from a pass to a run or maybe a hot / option route. He's not changing structural plays on the fly that are going to counter pass rush that's getting home in seconds. That need to come from the play caller.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
why does pressure set dak into panic mode?
maybe we can send him back to Panama to get his butt kicked until he gets used to pressure?

Portnoy1

Reaction score
if Romo was our QB he would have scrambled faster and had better pocket awareness - not to mention we would be 1-0
Except you left out the part he'd have to do it from a wheelchair in the second half because of all the hits he'd take in the first.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
If Dak was under so much pressure why did he not get out of the pocket more?
For one, he moved around in the pocket...a lot. Two, you can't scramble when you're beat on the edge and up the middle. Three, he mostly just got the ball out quick before the rush could get to him.