Pressure rates allowed stats

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It's easy to see why the Oline struggles. THEY DON'T FIRE OUT AND BEAT THEIR OPPONENT AT THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE.

jblaze2004

Reaction score

It was as bad as it looked.

Exactly what people failed to realize before bashing Dak about going long. Ummmm did y'all watch the game. Dak didn't have time. The pocket was consistently sloppy. Guys slipping through blocks with ease. Hell I think Aaron Donald had more pressures on Dak then we did as a team vs the Rams. Still don't understand why we didn't try keeping more people in to block or move the pocket more but the game is over on to the next.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Exactly what people failed to realize before bashing Dak about going long. Ummmm did y'all watch the game. Dak didn't have time. The pocket was consistently sloppy. Guys slipping through blocks with ease. Hell I think Aaron Donald had more pressures on Dak then we did as a team vs the Rams. Still don't understand why we didn't try keeping more people in to block or move the pocket more but the game is over on to the next.

The difference between us and the Rams is that they came out prepared not to let the pressure get to Goff by getting the ball out in the flats quickly. The broadcasters said and even showed it in a graphic pointing out how often he was getting the ball out in barely over two seconds. We weren't going long, but we also didn't design our offense with the same idea as the Rams had. We threw short out of necessity, not out of design. That's part of the reason LA's pressure got to our QB but ours didn't until we started taking the flats away.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
So, what can we do about it? We are waiting for La'el to come back, however, will he really solve all the issues? We may need to begin rebuilding this O-line faster than we think. Piece by piece.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
So, what can we do about it? We are waiting for La'el to come back, however, will he really solve all the issues? We may need to begin rebuilding this O-line faster than we think. Piece by piece.

Collins, if healthy, will help quite a bit. I think eventually when Biadasz takes over that will help, too. I'm iffy on replacing Connor Williams at left guard with Connor McGovern based on this game, where he was going up against Donald a lot, but if he's hit and miss against other DTs then that has to be an option as well.

In other words, by midseason our line could be Smith, McGovern, Biadasz, Martin, Collins ... that could take care of rebuilding the line for now, although we will need to find a replacement for Smith sooner rather than later IMO because of health.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I mean aaron donald is a beast player. They have some other good players on that line as well. Remember our oline has handled donald in the past. Can't expect it every game.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
The offensive line was smoked all evening. Jesus, it’s going to be a long year if we don’t get that fixed. An injury to Tyron or Zach, or god forbid both, and we will be fighting the Jets for the worst record in the league.