Pretty soon we will have an 8-10 sack per year RDE

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Notice how quickly other teams sign players when they come in, but ours can drag out for 2 or more days. You are like what the ---- is going on at the ranch. Must be raising the stakes in one dollar increments.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Well...that's not happening anytime soon lol...
iu

Sydla

Reaction score
Notice how quickly other teams sign players when they come in, but ours can drag out for 2 or more days. You are like what the ---- is going on at the ranch. Must be raising the stakes in one dollar increments.

It is pretty funny.

I don't think there is any doubt anymore that we are a low balling franchise and often enter protracted negotiations.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
And then DLaw had 8 his 2nd year.

Taco had 1.

I think people should stop trying to convince themselves that he might be another DLaw and just hope he can be a productive backup at DE at this point.
I think the point is we do not know; just like we did not know for DLaw. Also keep in mind that DLaw did not have talented DEs in front of him that kept him sidelined. There are a lot of factors. Me personally I think Taco has the tools and just needs the opportunity. Of course, Taco also needs to take advantage of the opportunities he gets and stop complaining. He seemed a bit spoiled last year to me.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Lol hope your right. Then we have to keep tabs on a RDE backup we have to check every 5 minutes if he failed a drug test.

Sorry to break it to you but Gregory is the object of stupid weed rules only enforced as such in the NFL. When it goes away next season, Gregory will still be with Cowboys.
Thing is.......if the NFL removed it from the testing criteria........ we'd never know.

Tah-Dah......issue resolved.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
Here's the difference for you guys to think about while you're pooping and playing on your iphones. This visit is different. Quinn is not a FA and doesn't have a no trade clause. The Cowboys wouldn't have brought him in unless a trade proposal was agreed upon and the Dolphins were going to eat some of his salary. At the very least, the Cowboys trade for him at a reduced salary cost and let him go after one year. At the very most, we trade for him and sign him to an extension. Either way, he's coming, you can book it. 8-10 sacks next year and maybe every year for the next 3-5. Happy poops.....

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Jerry bought a drug company that is working on a vaccination that causes players to hate weed and alcohol as well as all other unapproved drugs...

Well if he succeeds he's definitely got an investor here!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And then DLaw had 8 his 2nd year.

Taco had 1.

I think people should stop trying to convince themselves that he might be another DLaw and just hope he can be a productive backup at DE at this point.
If we trade for Quinn, I would consider trading Charlton. You trade him, and you still have 4 DE's on the roster before the draft. 5 if you count Crawford. Year 2 you still make something back for him

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol hope your right. Then we have to keep tabs on a RDE backup we have to check every 5 minutes if he failed a drug test.

Sorry to break it to you but Gregory is the object of stupid weed rules only enforced as such in the NFL. When it goes away next season, Gregory will still be with Cowboys.

Stupid does not matter until the players union forces the NFL to change the rules.

If Gregory is suspended, then he is the stupid one.

Sydla

Reaction score
I think the point is we do not know; just like we did not know for DLaw. Also keep in mind that DLaw did not have talented DEs in front of him that kept him sidelined. There are a lot of factors. Me personally I think Taco has the tools and just needs the opportunity. Of course, Taco also needs to take advantage of the opportunities he gets and stop complaining. He seemed a bit spoiled last year to me.

I would contend we have a decent idea. Taco has shown zero progression whereas Lawrence showed improvement. Taco actually seemed to get worse from Year 1 to Year 2.

Further, the excuse that he had people in front of him doesn't fly. The spot opposite Lawrence was up for grabs. Taco had the opportunity in camp and even early in the season to make a mark and push for more time and even the majority of snaps at the other DE and he couldn't get it.

It's excuse making for him to suggest he's partly a victim of a strong DE depth chart as to why he didn't play more. He showed ZERO to warrant playing more, that's the real problem.

Let's hope you are right and he blossoms this year because we could sure use better play from our DEs, as a whole. But I think there's some real wishful thinking in invoking Lawrence's name when talking Taco at this point in their careers.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I would contend we have a decent idea. Taco has shown zero progression whereas Lawrence showed improvement. Taco actually seemed to get worse from Year 1 to Year 2.

Further, the excuse that he had people in front of him doesn't fly. The spot opposite Lawrence was up for grabs. Taco had the opportunity in camp and even early in the season to make a mark and push for more time and even the majority of snaps at the other DE and he couldn't get it.

It's excuse making for him to suggest he's partly a victim of a strong DE depth chart as to why he didn't play more. He showed ZERO to warrant playing more, that's the real problem.

Let's hope you are right and he blossoms this year because we could sure use better play from our DEs, as a whole. But I think there's some real wishful thinking in invoking Lawrence's name when talking Taco at this point in their careers.
We drafted Taco as a possible replacement for DLaw.....we do not know.