Pretty soon we will have an 8-10 sack per year RDE

Sydla

Reaction score
We drafted Taco as a possible replacement for DLaw.....we do not know.

That has zero bearing on this. Great, they drafted him to replace DLaw. For two years, he's show ZERO to even begin to think he's got the change to be his replacement.

Further, there was an open DE spot heading into the 2018 season and Taco couldn't earn PT there. They tried to give him snaps at the DE spot opposite Lawrence in camp and preseason games and he sputtered and lost time there.

To suggest he's the victim of DE depth is just a flat out exaggeration. In fact, if you go back to articles from the 2018 preseason, it was said that the Cowboys were hoping Taco could lock down that other DE spot.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
That has zero bearing on this. Great, they drafted him to replace DLaw. For two years, he's show ZERO to even begin to think he's got the change to be his replacement.

Further, there was an open DE spot heading into the 2018 season and Taco couldn't earn PT there. They tried to give him snaps at the DE spot opposite Lawrence in camp and preseason games and he sputtered and lost time there.

To suggest he's the victim of DE depth is just a flat out exaggeration. In fact, if you go back to articles from the 2018 preseason, it was said that the Cowboys were hoping Taco could lock down that other DE spot.

This, can't wait forever my gosh.

ItzKelz

Reaction score

I'm not arguing that you are not making a valid point on Taco and his performance. Im only saying that DLaw had no one in front of him to stunt his growth. Again I believe Taco should have done more with his opportunities instead of crying about not getting enough opportunities.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'm not arguing that you are not making a valid point on Taco and his performance. Im only saying that DLaw had no one in front of him to stunt his growth. Again I believe Taco should have done more with his opportunities instead of crying about not getting enough opportunities.

There is no one in front of Taco to stunt his growth. He was given first crack at the starting DE spot opposite Lawrence last year and he spit the bit.

It’s simply inaccurate to suggest his growth has been stunted by the depth chart.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
There is no one in front of Taco to stunt his growth. He was given first crack at the starting DE spot opposite Lawrence last year and he spit the bit.

It’s simply inaccurate to suggest his growth has been stunted by the depth chart.
No Gregory...No Tank. I must have dreamed that.