Prince Jonathan Taylor

RaZon

Reaction score
He’s very good playing very bad teams . Maybe like I said depends on who shows up that day maybe the pros had 2nd 3rd string in the game . Bart Starr Paul Horning Fred “ the hammer “ Williamson were given the night off I would imagine .

He's very good no matter who he plays, what about that don't you get?

What does a QB, RB have to do with this?

RonWashington

Reaction score
You can see what a mess having 32 teams is plus this 17th game nonsense. Taylor is bumping up against Jets Jags Lions every time the man turns up field. And now talking going back to St Louis ? Why . The best thing these tone deaf all the $$ owners and Goodfella should do is take this league down to 24 teams and 14 game schedules . Give Taylor some better completion .

RonWashington

Reaction score
Isn’t watching 43-3 Dallas get a little unsettling . Not enough NFL talent to go around amigo , comprende ?

RaZon

Reaction score
You can see what a mess having 32 teams is plus this 17th game nonsense. Taylor is bumping up against Jets Jags Lions every time the man turns up field. And now talking going back to St Louis ? Why . The best thing these tone deaf all the $$ owners and Goodfella should do is take this league down to 24 teams and 14 game schedules . Give Taylor some better completion .

Dude, why are you fighting this?

RonWashington

Reaction score
Dallas could have scored 60 . And that’s entertainment from a competitive aspect . How ?

RonWashington

Reaction score
Your the kind of fan enjoys seeing Rutgers go to Columbus to play Ohio State get mauled 57-9 but that RB at Ohio State you like he hit it for 250 yards wasn’t that swell ?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
116 yards today, yep,,,The Prince

So he enters the 1000 yards seasons first two years Club. Not sure who all is in that Club, but hey!!!

Taylor has two games against pretty stout run defenses coming up in Buffalo and Tampa. He has a chance to solidify his standing as truly elite by putting up big games against those two.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Taylor is a talent no doubt , the NFL from a talent and injury and games played standpoint cannot sustain 17 games and 32 teams. That’s my point .

RaZon

Reaction score
Your the kind of fan enjoys seeing Rutgers go to Columbus to play Ohio State get mauled 57-9 but that RB at Ohio State you like he hit it for 250 yards wasn’t that swell ?

Wrong I don't watch games where one team is favored by more than 10. Too many better games out there.

RaZon

Reaction score
Taylor has two games against pretty stout run defenses coming up in Buffalo and Tampa. He has a chance to solidify his standing as truly elite by putting up big games against those two.

This really isn't a week to week game to game type thing. Being Taylor is like 22 he's got a good 5ish years left, so talking a career here. Every RB faces strong/weak defnses, that is NFL football.

Taylor is that perfect size/speed/catch the ball blend that doesn't change because of the opposition.

His final NCAA season he had over 2000 rushing yards won the Doak Walker Award twice as the best RB in the nation, as an NFL rookie over 1000 yards third in the league, this season he leads the NFL. This isn't about who he plays.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
This really isn't a week to week game to game type thing. Being Taylor is like 22 he's got a good 5ish years left, so talking a career here. Every RB faces strong/weak defnses, that is NFL football.

Taylor is that perfect size/speed/catch the ball blend that doesn't change because of the opposition.

His final NCAA season he had over 2000 rushing yards won the Doak Walker Award twice as the best RB in the nation, as an NFL rookie over 1000 yards third in the league, this season he leads the NFL. This isn't about who he plays.

While I don't disagree on most points let's not get carried away.. Nearly any back gets slowed down/stopped against good defenses. Tennessee held Taylor to 64 and 70 yards.. The Rams, Seahawks and Ravens all held him under 60 .. Of course it matters who you play. In those 5 games he averaged 58.8 yards.. Which puts him at 128.5 in the other 5. Against teams that have a combined 8 wins between them. So yeah.. there is absolutely an element of feasting on the weak sisters there. Like I said, if he puts up 120 each on Buffalo and Tampa, who are #2 and #3 in run defense, it will change how I see him.. He might be in such a groove that he lights them both up. We've seen great backs get on a roll like that where it really DOESN'T matter who he plays.. That's always fun to watch. I'll be watching..

RaZon

Reaction score
While I don't disagree on most points let's not get carried away.. Nearly any back gets slowed down/stopped against good defenses. Tennessee held Taylor to 64 and 70 yards.. The Rams, Seahawks and Ravens all held him under 60 .. Of course it matters who you play. In those 5 games he averaged 58.8 yards.. Which puts him at 128.5 in the other 5. Against teams that have a combined 8 wins between them. So yeah.. there is absolutely an element of feasting on the weak sisters there. Like I said, if he puts up 120 each on Buffalo and Tampa, who are #2 and #3 in run defense, it will change how I see him.. He might be in such a groove that he lights them both up. We've seen great backs get on a roll like that where it really DOESN'T matter who he plays.. That's always fun to watch. I'll be watching..

First Titans game he averaged over 6 yards a carry, so....huh?

Second Titan games he had three catchs for 52 yards, so over 100 yards from scrimmage averaging over 17 yards a receptions.

The guy has a gaudy 5.8 average per carry right now, that is studly. He has more 40 yard plus runs than any RB in the NFL.

I have noticed everybody tries to belittle what non Cowboys players do, you wouldn't be playing that.....right?

It's pretty obvious this cat has.....IT....and will have IT regardless of who he plays.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
First Titans game he averaged over 6 yards a carry, so....huh?

Second Titan games he had three catchs for 52 yards, so over 100 yards from scrimmage averaging over 17 yards a receptions.

The guy has a gaudy 5.8 average per carry right now, that is studly. He has more 40 yard plus runs than any RB in the NFL.

I have noticed everybody tries to belittle what non Cowboys players do, you wouldn't be playing that.....right?

It's pretty obvious this cat has.....IT....and will have IT regardless of who he plays.

I think you're taking this wrong. I am not belittling anything. But the fact that Taylor got a third of his yards in two games against the Jets and the Texans should not be ignored. I am always hesitant to bestow the mantle of greatness on the next shiny new toy player. That's just my nature. I think great is the most overused adjective in sports. Taylor is coming though. Very similar to Zeke he landed on a team with a top 5 offensive line. That certainly doesn't hurt. I like watching him but obviously I don't root for him the way I do Zeke. That doesn't mean I think any less of him.. his production just doesn't affect my team, which makes it considerably less important to me.

RaZon

Reaction score
I think you're taking this wrong. I am not belittling anything. But the fact that Taylor got a third of his yards in two games against the Jets and the Texans should not be ignored. I am always hesitant to bestow the mantle of greatness on the next shiny new toy player. That's just my nature. I think great is the most overused adjective in sports. Taylor is coming though. Very similar to Zeke he landed on a team with a top 5 offensive line. That certainly doesn't hurt. I like watching him but obviously I don't root for him the way I do Zeke. That doesn't mean I think any less of him.. his production just doesn't affect my team, which makes it considerably less important to me.

Come on man do you really think I'm just talking about this season, those first 10 games? I am talking about a new stud RB in the NFL like for years to come. He's already breaking Colt team records.

This has nothing to do with the Cowboys, just a player I have followed since his HS days. Yep, first noticed him in track/

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Come on man do you really think I'm just talking about this season, those first 10 games? I am talking about a new stud RB in the NFL like for years to come. He's already breaking Colt team records.

This has nothing to do with the Cowboys, just a player I have followed since his HS days. Yep, first noticed him in track/

Hold up now.. the Colts have been home to Lydell Mitchell, Curtis Dickey, Eric Dickerson, Marshall Faulk and Edge James.. Three of those guys are in the top 20 all time rushing list and at least two are in the hall of fame. Edge won the rushing title his first two seasons and ran for over 3200 yards in the process. He caught 123 passes for over 1150 yards in that same span. Which records is Taylor breaking? Cause it sure aint rushing yards.. Faulk and James both ran for more yards in their rookie seasons than Taylor. They both also caught more passes for more yards and scored more TDs. Lydell Mitchell led the NFL in receptions twice.. I'm assuming I don't even have to mention what Dickerson did with the Colts.. Taylor does have a shot to break the team single season rushing record but I'm sure you will agree that pretty much any single season record gets a little hollow with the extra game. I love Taylor's game.. but he's gotta go some to climb over those guys in my eye. Not saying he can't.. but it will take more than a year and a half to get him there.. at least for me.

RaZon

Reaction score
Hold up now.. the Colts have been home to Lydell Mitchell, Curtis Dickey, Eric Dickerson, Marshall Faulk and Edge James.. Three of those guys are in the top 20 all time rushing list and at least two are in the hall of fame. Edge won the rushing title his first two seasons and ran for over 3200 yards in the process. He caught 123 passes for over 1150 yards in that same span. Which records is Taylor breaking? Cause it sure aint rushing yards.. Faulk and James both ran for more yards in their rookie seasons than Taylor. They both also caught more passes for more yards and scored more TDs. Lydell Mitchell led the NFL in receptions twice.. I'm assuming I don't even have to mention what Dickerson did with the Colts.. Taylor does have a shot to break the team single season rushing record but I'm sure you will agree that pretty much any single season record gets a little hollow with the extra game. I love Taylor's game.. but he's gotta go some to climb over those guys in my eye. Not saying he can't.. but it will take more than a year and a half to get him there.. at least for me.

Don't forget Lenny Moore, also a Hall of Famer.

Breaking team records on a team with the RB history of the Colts is a big deal/

Taylor runs for team record 253 yards, Colts clinch playoff spot with 28-14 win over Jags

RaZon

Reaction score
Dickerson, Mitchell,. Faulk, James all aveaged less than 5 yards a carry as a rookie, Taylor at 5.0

What the hell, Lenny Moore 7.5....and then a 5.0 and back to 7.0...whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Don't forget Lenny Moore, also a Hall of Famer.

Breaking team records on a team with the RB history of the Colts is a big deal/

Taylor runs for team record 253 yards, Colts clinch playoff spot with 28-14 win over Jags

Oh man I did forget about Lenny Moore.. shame on me.. Still you can't argue "this is not about one game" and then pull up a single game record against a team trying to make sure it secured the the #1 overall pick as evidence of greatness. He literally got almost 1/4 of his season total in that one game against that wasn't even trying. So he did break ONE team record.. but it's just a one gamer.. Like Murray's single game record with the Cowboys... Or Gilchrist with the Rams .. A great game and great achievement.. but it takes more than that to be great. What he's doing this year is far more legit. It will be fun to watch him over these next several years.. Do you think he can challenge Henry for rushing titles going forward? Henry gets SO many carries it's going to be hard for anybody to surpass him if he doesn't get hurt. On the flip side he's 5 years older so his age induced slide could coincide with Taylor hitting his prime.

I don't really see another back coming out of college who can break into that upper echelon.. but there's always somebody coming!! Maybe the Robinson kid at Texas .. but you know how this works.. If you don't go to a team that wants to run the ball and who can black, it doesn't matter how much talent you have.. you're not going to excel. The Colts were rushing for ~2000 yards a season with Frank Gore and Marlon Mack as their primary backs. That tells me that they not only want to run it but they can block for it. Taylor is setup to have a nice run of 3-4 years among the league leaders..