Pro Bowl

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Remember when we all were complaining about how the ProBowl sucked the last few years?

I want to go back to 2022 and punch myself in the ear for complaining about that ProBowl. Now, I'm watching offensive linemen catch punts while holding 2 footballs in 1 hand. THIS...makes THAT....look like the best playoff ga.e ever played.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
The one good things about the Eagles making the SuperBowl: they comprised about a third of the ProBowl roster. Now that they all won't be in the ProBowl, we got to get some of our guys in there

dsturgeon

Reaction score
last pro bowl i watched had demarcus ware, and I thought it sucked back then

gtb1943

Reaction score
IT has sucked for like 30 years at least. IT has been putrid for 20. It has been obscene for 10. It is unspeakable now.

DZSierra

Reaction score
I remember Micah last year telling everyone he was going to go full speed during the pro bowl game. I think he got one hit in before before he learned how the "game" was played.

That said, as much as we'd all like to complain, is it really worth the slim chance that a "pro bowl" athlete be injured on a freak play during the game where it really doesn't matter? I just don't see why they still keep having it at this point.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I remember Micah last year telling everyone he was going to go full speed during the pro bowl game. I think he got one hit in before before he learned how the "game" was played.

That said, as much as we'd all like to complain, is it really worth the slim chance that a "pro bowl" athlete be injured on a freak play during the game where it really doesn't matter? I just don't see why they still keep having it at this point.
Because all the major sports have it. Only difference is that the other major sports take it a lot more seriously then the NFL, players, owners and fans

Look at how much interest there is in the baseball all star game; and how hard those players put out.

DZSierra

Reaction score
Because all the major sports have it. Only difference is that the other major sports take it a lot more seriously then the NFL, players, owners and fans

Look at how much interest there is in the baseball all star game; and how hard those players put out.
Understood.

I think however everyone can agree that playing football with professional athletes has a lot more potential risk for injury vs say baseball or soccer going "all out" playing.

I've never been a pro athlete playing televised games, but if I were a NFL player making a couple of million a year, I don't know if I want to play a "fun game" representing your conference only to run the risk of being injured and jeopardize my income. Honestly, I can't blame the guys for going half butt during a pro ball game not wanting to get injured. If you're a starter on a NFL team, I think you'd consider yourself lucky if you've never been injured.

During the NFL season, guys are playing for the chance of the glory in the Super Bowl (and ironically enough, the teams that do make it to the Super Bowl don't have any players who play in the pro bowl).

Sorry, for 80k to the players of the winning team and 40k or so to the losing side, is it really worth it?

Just put the NFL pro bowl out of it's misery and don't bother having it. As one NFL fan, I would understand why they would do so.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Understood.

I think however everyone can agree that playing football with professional athletes has a lot more potential risk for injury vs say baseball or soccer going "all out" playing.

I've never been a pro athlete playing televised games, but if I were a NFL player making a couple of million a year, I don't know if I want to play a "fun game" representing your conference only to run the risk of being injured and jeopardize my income. Honestly, I can't blame the guys for going half butt during a pro ball game not wanting to get injured. If you're a starter on a NFL team, I think you'd consider yourself lucky if you've never been injured.

During the NFL season, guys are playing for the chance of the glory in the Super Bowl (and ironically enough, the teams that do make it to the Super Bowl don't have any players who play in the pro bowl).

Sorry, for 80k to the players of the winning team and 40k or so to the losing side, is it really worth it?

Just put the NFL pro bowl out of it's misery and don't bother having it. As one NFL fan, I would understand why they would do so.
Plenty of injuries in hockey; frankly the injury excuse is overblown. AND it is just that; an excuse.

But I agree that as it is the Pro Bowl is the Phony Bowl and really is not only pathetic but disgusting in that the NFL and the rest try and con people into thinking it means anything at all.

And unfortunately PT Barnum was right about suckers being born every minute since millions do watch this garbage

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I thought the Dodge Ball competition was entertaining!! :muttley:
Micah was in full beast mode, till he was kicked out for crossing over the line!!

RoboQB

Reaction score
1.063 million viewers watched this year's Pro Bowl.
That number is pathetic. They should nix it entirely.

gtb1943

Reaction score
1.063 million viewers watched this year's Pro Bowl.
That number is pathetic. They should nix it entirely.
But the NFL will say that more watched it later as it was repeated on tv; or watched the other side shows, etc so its worth while.

gtb1943

Reaction score
The NFL will do ANYTHING for money; that has bee proven.