Probowl and Dak

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Reading how this board was towards Romo in 2009, one could have never predicted how he would be built up to a legendary status. A legendary status built up, in large part to diminish the current Cowboys starting QB. It would make more sense to compare Dak with Romo, once Dak has been in the NFL for as long as Romo was.
I agree with you. I have done research to see franchise QB numbers in their first 3 years and Dak numbers are just as good if not better in some cases. I have challenged any of the haters to prove it wrong but they can't.

blueblood70

Reaction score
So was just watching the precision passing at the probowl and I remember Dak haters saying your terrible he was because he got like 11 points or something 2 years ago.

Well last year Wilson got 9 and this year Luck got 5.......... Safe to say Dak haters getting proved wrong once again.

By the way Adam Theilen got 10 and Von Miller got 2
Adam was the best WR there as far as his hands go add his throwing skills, howd this guy fall out of the draft and into a UDFA to become one of the top WR in the league..that was impressive last night, he made those catches look easy when others struggled..yes some of those QBs had some major issues hitng any targets, wheres David Carr when we need him LMAO..

DFWJC

Reaction score
I agree with you. I have done research to see franchise QB numbers in their first 3 years and Dak numbers are just as good if not better in some cases. I have challenged any of the haters to prove it wrong but they can't.
True.
If you take most players’ stats after their first 48 games started, you’ll find that Dak’s stack up well so far.

Looking forward to seeing how this plays out, and pulling for him to take it up a notch from here.

The trajectory of his improvement compared to others will eventually tell the story. But if we go by the first 48 games, his start is solid.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Adam was the best WR there as far as his hands go add his throwing skills, howd this guy fall out of the draft and into a UDFA to become one of the top WR in the league..that was impressive last night, he made those catches look easy when others struggled..yes some of those QBs had some major issues hitng any targets, wheres David Carr when we need him LMAO..
I bet he will throw a pass week 1 next season haha. He already better than Cousins

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
True.
If you take most players’ stats after their first 48 games started, you’ll find that Dak’s stack up well so far.

Looking forward to seeing how this plays out, and pulling for him to take it up a notch from here.

The trajectory of his improvement compared to others will eventually tell the story. But if we go by the first 48 games, his start is solid.
Right, he still needs to improve on some things but these dudes that say he is a bum is crazy. Aikman, Russell Wilson and guys like that didn't look too great at first but they were allowed to develop and now are Superbowl winners

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Reading how this board was towards Romo in 2009, one could have never predicted how he would be built up to a legendary status. A legendary status built up, in large part to diminish the current Cowboys starting QB. It would make more sense to compare Dak with Romo, once Dak has been in the NFL for as long as Romo was.
Its not that Romo built up this legendary status. Its moreso that non-biased fans appreciated Romo back then and are forced to defend him now bc of sensitive Dak stans. Op was about Dak and the Pro Bowl, yet by the 3rd post, a Dak stan brings up (disses) Romo.

Dak fans defense mechanism is always to diss past and current QBs to make their boy wonder look better.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Right, he still needs to improve on some things but these dudes that say he is a bum is crazy. Aikman, Russell Wilson and guys like that didn't look too great at first but they were allowed to develop and now are Superbowl winners
Should be interestng.
Wilson made that huge leap in his 4th year.
Before then, his numbers were pretty similar to Dak’s.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I blame Dak for the LA loss.
Nevermind the defense giving up almost 300 yards on the ground, it's the QB's fault!
Anytime people put Daks name on the overall record since he's been here, mention HIS playoff wins and his RotY award it's only fair some put the blame on him. I thought he was average and I didn't blame him for the loss. Just like his career has been I feel we can win with average Dak as long as the other parts of the team are carrying/doing their job. Edit: This is also the reason why it's easy for me to accept another QB playing instead of paying Dak when it's time.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Its not that Romo built up this legendary status. Its moreso that non-biased fans appreciated Romo back then and are forced to defend him now bc of sensitive Dak stans. Op was about Dak and the Pro Bowl, yet by the 3rd post, a Dak stan brings up (disses) Romo.

Dak fans defense mechanism is always to diss past and current QBs to make their boy wonder look better.

My main point is that as much as some love and appreciate Romo now, he wouldn't have even been the Cowboys QB for as long as he was, if Jerry just listened to some Cowboys fans who wanted Romo gone. It was because of the Cowboys sticking with Romo that he developed into the great QB that he was and how we had good seasons with him.

Very similar things are used to bring down Dak now. If Dak isn't the QB, then the Cowboys will eventually have to move on. But, he could still develop into a seasoned QB that a team can win with, whether that he with the Cowboys or another team.

I'll admit that Dak Supporters will mention Romo and other QBs in defense of Dak. But, it also happens the other way around, where those who doubt Dak, will mention other QBs to elevate them and diminish Dak.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Yawn. You and your buddy really need to improve your reading comprehension skills.

Why you are talking about defensive game plans and how defensive coordinators play Dak -- the world will never know.

Getting back to the point that YOU made and that I responded to: YOUR conclusion that Dak (as apparently the sole responsible party) didn't put up enough points ("given today's high powered NFL offenses") is COMPLETELY undermined and destroyed by the VERY NEXT GAME that the Rams played.

Now, let's try to stay on topic and not move goalposts, shall we?

Who is changing topics? I was talking about the Rams game where Dak scored half the points the opposing quarterback scored until the last six minutes of the game. A game that was more one sided than the scored showed since our defense toughened up and kept them to two field goals where instead it could've been 38-15. Any other games played are irrelevant to the argument that Dak did not do his part and score enough points in that game. You're the one who wants to distract from the topic that Dak was partly responsible for the loss against the Rams by bringing up games that Dak did not even play in. And way to put words into my mouth, saying that I said Dak was the sole responsible party for the loss. Yeah the defense didn't have a good day either, but that doesn't change the fact that on the offenses side of the game Dak was anemic when it came to scoring points needed, or throwing it deep enough when challenged to give the running game a chance. yeah, Dak looked better with 6 minutes remaining on the clock. Part of that is on him. But part of that is also that the Rams switched from playing to win the game to playing to keep from losing, in prevent mode, and basically it is what you call Garbage time when teams who were getting beat all day long finally make some garbage touchdowns. Sometimes teams pay for playing to keep from losing too, and the Rams almost payed for it.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I post videos to prove my point. You post caca.

I've posted videos before too, but stop trying to play stupid here, the kind of videos you are asking my to post require a payed account where you can watch every play. and then I would have to make gifs to post them on here. That goes way beyond the videos you've posted here. Anyway here's a dak chart for you.

pass-chart_PRE285723_2018-post-19_1547353613134.jpeg

Is that a lot of passes thrown past the 15 yard line, especially when the Rams were selling out on the run?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
This garbage thread has over 200 replies?

Wow.
Thanks for adding to my garbage.

That being said, I wasn't trying to use this as a way to make Dak look better. Was more or less showing people that dislike Dak that the arguments they sometimes use is silly, especially when it comes to probowl skills challenge

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score

Well Romo was brought up on this thread by the Dak supporters as a means to prop up Dak by putting down Romo. The simple truth is, Dak did not play well in the Divisional Game and Romo has nothing to do with it. People want to say that Romo ultimately failed, well fine then. He never got to the super bowl. But none of that has any bearing that Dak has some major flaws that teams are using to game plan against us. Hopefully, Dak can improve in the off season, and hopefully the coaching can find ways to make opposing cornerbacks not disrespect Dak.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Scoring 15 points until the last 6 minutes of the Game, will usually lose you the game in today's high scoring NFL. So while it might be your opinion that Dak didn't lose us that game, that is all it is, an opinion versus the truth.

Setting aside the fact that the Cowboys have never won a playoff game when allowing more than 28 points - Meredith, Staubach, Aikman, Romo, and Dak have all failed - blaming Dak for the Rams debacle is absurd.

The Rams rushed for 273 yards. Show me a playoff game where a team rushed for over 250 yards and lost. Go ahead, I'll wait.