Projecting Dak's New Deal

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BlueStar22, Feb 12, 2019.

1. QuincyCarterEra

QuincyCarterEra Well-Known Member

4,689 Messages
    4,225 Likes Received
    Is there a bet to be made here?

You think the ceiling is $23.3M a season.
    I'm willing to bet he easily gets more than that.

2. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

11,054 Messages
    8,503 Likes Received
    No sure what you are talking about.

3. Hawkeye0202

Hawkeye0202 Well-Known Member

5,114 Messages
    7,522 Likes Received
    Agree......In fact, I'm not sure I'd even worry about a 2019 deal if it was me. Play out 2019 and if we again make the playoffs, I have two sweet options. Tag in the range of $30M or $30m is now the floor for a long-term deal.

4. AmariChill

AmariChill Well-Known Member

221 Messages
    296 Likes Received
    You’re telling me Zeke relies on Dak?

No way bro. Look. I might be going a bit too far when I said Dak relies on Zeke, especially as of lately because Dak has improved and even showed in that Giants game that he’s capable of playing without him.

But cmon man. We cannot ignore the fact that they rely on each other. More Dak relying on Zeke but nonetheless...

May I add that you guys are making me seem like o hate Dak? Lmao I defend the dude as many times as you guys. Look at my signature “quote” or whatever you wanna call it. I’d love to keep him and I love the guy but let’s not make up stupid stuff like that. Stuff like that is what makes those Dak Haters hate us so much.

QuincyCarterEra likes this.
  5. QuincyCarterEra

4,689 Messages
    4,225 Likes Received
    It's actually very much true that Zeke relies more on Dak than vice versa.

Dak averages more yards per attempt over the last three seasons with Zeke off the field, than on the field.
    The Cowboys offense averages more yards per play with Zeke off the field than on the field.

So along with it just being nature of the beast that the RB relies on the QB 10x more than the contra, it's even more so when you take into account Dak's game steps up when Zeke isnt on the field.

Sevenup3000 likes this.
  6. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

13,354 Messages
    8,156 Likes Received
    Doesnt really matter if Dallas over pays dak by a lot. They wouldnt use the extra money to build up the team anyway.

7. DanA

DanA Well-Known Member

1,026 Messages
    908 Likes Received
    Yep, as long as the deal inclusive of this season IMO that’s the ceiling. I’ll hapily make that bet.

8. QuincyCarterEra

4,689 Messages
    4,225 Likes Received
    So you're saying it would actually be only sign a 5 yr extension?
    Ahh that's not remotely the same.

9. QuincyCarterEra

4,689 Messages
    4,225 Likes Received
    Yeah, Dak doesnt rely on Zeke at all.

"Cowboys yards per pass attempt with Zeke on the field over the last three seasons: 7.6

Cowboys yards per pass attempt without Zeke on the field over last three seasons: 7.56

Explosive pass % by year
    2016: Zeke on- 16.5% Zeke off- 14.1%
    2017: Zeke on- 9.4% Zeke off- 12.9%
    2018: Zeke on 12.8% Zeke off- 16.8%

Zeke actually has zero impact on Dak's passing or the Cowboys passing game as a whole."

Sevenup3000 likes this.
  10. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

31,852 Messages
    12,390 Likes Received
    Biased referees blatantly miscalling plays on the field. That, with non-uniform policies directed at certain players and teams.

$20 million a year contracts, until just recently, was almost an albatross for a team in MLB.

If fans get fed up with what is being presented as football today, extensive contracts, such as being talked about for Dak Prescott...could become albatrosses as well. The NBA has it's own set of team limiters and influences as well, as to what markets can even become involved in a realistic playoff picture. Players are doing their own types of shaping team rosters...among top dollar players.

That is a possible end result if people are truly watering the fan's role in a sport. Football as well...

11. northerncowboynation

northerncowboynation Well-Known Member

6,328 Messages
    4,889 Likes Received
    Have been thinking Prescott's agent will start at a Romo type contract, in the $22 million per year range, then ratchet up for escalating cap dollars since 2013 when it was signed and QB's who have recently signed an extension. Say about $27-28 mill/year. That oughta create some excitement and drama

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    Hawkeye0202 likes this.
  12. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

11,054 Messages
    8,503 Likes Received
    I don’t buy the conspiracy theories. Referees are humans and make mistakes. Plus, the Dallas Cowboys are the most fan favorite team in the NFL and we don’t get a commiserate amount of calls your theory would suggest.

13. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

31,852 Messages
    12,390 Likes Received
    You didn't understand the first point of discussion...alright.

No conspiracy EXCEPT by high dollar NBA players recruiting other players to accept a deal with a team that THEY are attempting to recruit for. Such as Los Angeles Lakers, right now...players not on speaking terms clubbing around the prospect of joining up and signing with a specific team.

I was pointing towards impact of high dollar and long contracts in a sports industry when funds dry up some.

Human? How about the Dez catch now? What about the game changing call against New Orleans...minor drama?

Does a referee joke seem at all out of place right now?

14. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

16,839 Messages
    10,391 Likes Received
    Maybe you should go share your theories with another. I could really care less.

FYI.......Dak is 4-3 without Zeke.

15. CowboyRoy

16,839 Messages
    10,391 Likes Received
    You are making way too much sense. Unfortunately, Jerry is the GM and he overpays for everyone.

16. AmariChill

AmariChill Well-Known Member

221 Messages
    296 Likes Received
    No offense, but those aren’t really good stats. They’re average, because not many QB’s play well without their RB’s, but for whoever it was that said they want to trade Zeke and how Dak doesn’t rely on Zeke was way too out there. I’m sorry but that’s just how it is.

How is that a good thing? Barely a winning record.

17. CowboyRoy

16,839 Messages
    10,391 Likes Received
    I didnt say it was good but you said he fell apart. Another troll comment debunked.

Sevenup3000 likes this.
  18. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

43,729 Messages
    30,340 Likes Received
    Some may not like it, but I think this guy is right--5 years and 130 range--IF Dallas pulls the trigger this offseason.

They could let him play this year out and then decide what to do.
    If he plays great, they will have saved 23 million this year but will probably give it back on the new, even bigger deal.
    If he plays poorly, they'll save themselves from QB and cap hell.

19. QuincyCarterEra

4,689 Messages
    4,225 Likes Received
    No offense, but you saying those aren't good stats doesnt mean those aren't good stats. Those are two of the best stats to measure the passing game performance.

I think you'll find that he's not out there at all, you just have to keep on digging into the stats and learning and you'll start to see.

20. starfan1

starfan1 Well-Known Member

348 Messages
    265 Likes Received
    ya same could be said about signing ET

CF74 likes this.