Proud of Keith Davis

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I have to admit I was totally wrong about bringing him back. I really thought it was a big mistake but he has been a great role player for us this season.

I hope the rest of the team takes a queue from him and responds the same to non Giant questions.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Doomsday;2485532 said:
I have to admit I was totally wrong about bringing him back. I really thought it was a big mistake but he has been a great role player for us this season.

I hope the rest of the team takes a queue from him and responds the same to non Giant questions.

Just curious why did you think it was a mistake?

And you gotta love how he left the Cowboys for the Dolphins for a chance to start and the Dolphins didn't think he should be a starter so he comes back and due to an injury to Roy he's now getting that chance to start. I know he never expected that. Gotta be happy for him.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
rocyaice;2485562 said:
Just curious why did you think it was a mistake?

And you gotta love how he left the Cowboys for the Dolphins for a chance to start and the Dolphins didn't think he should be a starter so he comes back and due to an injury to Roy he's now getting that chance to start. I know he never expected that. Gotta be happy for him.

Because I felt like our Special Teams needed more then him and he was just roster fodder outside of plaing Special Teams. He has done a decent job filling at at Safety and seems to be one of the team leaders.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
This is like Mary Todd Lincoln wanting to talk about the play.

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
Davis has played himself into a longer career. I didn't really blame him for wanting to start or have a bigger role on a team. When it didn't work in Miami he came back here and made an immediate impact on special teams and kept his mouth shut and now when an opportunity to play defense has come up, he has filled in quite nicely on very short notice at Strong Safety. I don't think his play (for what 1/10th) the cost, is in any way shape or form worse than that of Roy Williams.

I did feel Keith gave up quite a few passes as a free safety or coverage guy, but as run support he has been pretty good. At times he takes bad angles, but he hustles and is willing to hit and has good tackling technique and is one of those swarmer types. He takes pride in tackling hard, but not just landing a shot it seems.

I think he has earned a few more seasons as a player, even if it continues to be a role player. Man did our special teams suck without him, and he was back as a special teams captain so fast, that it shows his worth even purely in that role. Now he shows he can be a decent backup strong safety at the least with a little free experience (even if we don't want him in coverage). Now he's showing a bit of focus and leadership too. Good for him.

LarryCanadian

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
He has played better than I'd expect at safety. He's not the greatest in coverage but at least he can hit, tackle and play STs.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
he did a very nice job of tellin them to go away,without saying it.Keith has definetly done some growning up.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
You can just see how happy Davis is to be in the NFL.
There needs to be more like him.

Thnx Hos

sacase

Reaction score
He looked happy just to be interviewed. LOL Like a big kid on christmas. LOL