Punter Hits Roof Of Superdome, Wheres The Outrage?

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
it was a big deal when a punter hit the video board at new Cowboys Stadium, with a few taking shots at Mr. Jones.

guess its not as big a deal when the punter hits the roof of the superdome

If there are some dents in the Superdome roof, blame San Francisco 49ers punter Andy Lee.
Lee bonked several punts off the roof this week as the 49ers practiced for Sunday's Super Bowl against the Baltimore Ravens. Lee finally lowered the trajectory of his kicks to make sure he got the ball downfield.

Read more: http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/LEAVING-HIS-MARK-4245894.php#ixzz2JmdGUzSz

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/LEAVING-HIS-MARK-4245894.php

dez_for_prez

Reaction score
Have you ever noticed that when there is a punt in Cowboys Stadium they show the ball at the bottom of the screen so you can see how close to the board the ball gets. It gets rather annoying.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Meanwhile, Scott Bakula prepares to make a Quantum Leap into the Superdome, to assume the role of Andy Lee and prevent this heinous event from occurring.

SSWilliams31

Reaction score
I'm more upset that the 49ers are practicing in our stadium to prepare for the Superbowl

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
Kilyin;4991014 said:
Meanwhile, Scott Bakula prepares to make a Quantum Leap into the Superdome, to assume the role of Andy Lee and prevent this heinous event from occurring.

Gonna bet there's a lot of people here who will not get this at all 8D

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
Teren_Kanan;4991130 said:

All we need now is Ziggy and a cigar...

SSWilliams31

Reaction score
Teren_Kanan;4991130 said:

Hoping that his next leap, will be the leap home. :laugh2:

JPostSam

Reaction score
Kilyin;4991014 said:

:clap:

Lodeus

Reaction score
Kilyin;4991014 said:

http://i243.***BLOCKED***/albums/ff64/tinmanti/OhBoy.jpg

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I wonder if the Saints will adamantly deny it's possible to hit during the game while secretly raising the roof, as the Cowboys did with the board.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
The SuperDome gets a pass because, well, you know, the city was hard hit last year by this really big hurricane.
And now the city has exported its best citizens all over the south and we half to encourage them to get back to New Or. . . I mean, NOLA, so they kin rebuild.
So do not blame nothing on the SuperDome or its lights or balls hitting its roof because the town needs a boost after the horrific hurricane and the diaspora of its finest citizens.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
boyzjunkie;4990995 said:
Why must there be outrage?

Because for 1-year after it happened we never heard the end of it. All for some backup punter (who I don't think has played a meaningful down in the NFL) in a preseason game where he was trying to hit the videoboard.

YR