CFZ Put the blame where it most belongs

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not here to defend Dak. He was just flat awful Sun night and deserves a ton of criticism. Kellen Moore? Looked like a middle school coach in his first game. The WRs looked like guys that couldn’t get any separation. Cedee Lamb had 2 receptions on 11 targets. Terrance Steele couldn’t remember a snap count. The defense gave up 6 yards per rush. And on and on…

Those players looked as unprepared as they were in January vs the niners. That has to be on Mike McCarthy. When a team looks completely out of sync and unprepared, look first at the head coach and his assistants. Tampa Bay players said after the game that the Cowboys offensive scheme is easy to defend.

Lots of blame to go around. The players and coaches stunk it up and deserve their fair share of responsibility.

But folks…the blame for the lousy pitiful performance and pathetic state of this entire team we saw Sunday lays firmly at the feet of Jerry and his giggly sidekick son. The horrific smell coming out of AT&T originated from those two.

And what makes me a lot angrier than the players’ and coaches’ sorry performance is the continuing lousy performance of the guys who have THE most power in this organization. And unless I missed it, have taken ZERO responsibility for their failures.

Hearing SJ throw Cedee Lamb under the bus angers me not because Lamb didn’t deserve criticism. It was not hearing the Jones boys take any responsibility for their failure to once again put together a strong roster.

Get mad at Dak, and Cedee and Steele and McCarthy and Kellen if you choose. They deserve it. But get madder at the clowns who never take any personal responsibility for their failures and mistakes. That’s where the lions share of the blame belongs. They want all the credit and zero blame.

cowboybish

Reaction score
I’m not here to defend Dak. He was just flat awful Sun night and deserves a ton of criticism. Kellen Moore? Looked like a middle school coach in his first game. The WRs looked like guys that couldn’t get any separation. Cedee Lamb had 2 receptions on 11 targets. Terrance Steele couldn’t remember a snap count. The defense gave up 6 yards per rush. And on and on…

Those players looked as unprepared as they were in January vs the niners. That has to be on Mike McCarthy. When a team looks completely out of sync and unprepared, look first at the head coach and his assistants. Tampa Bay players said after the game that the Cowboys offensive scheme is easy to defend.

Lots of blame to go around. The players and coaches stunk it up and deserve their fair share of responsibility.

But folks…the blame for the lousy pitiful performance and pathetic state of this entire team we saw Sunday lays firmly at the feet of Jerry and his giggly sidekick son. The horrific smell coming out of AT&T originated from those two.

And what makes me a lot angrier than the players’ and coaches’ sorry performance is the continuing lousy performance of the guys who have THE most power in this organization. And unless I missed it, have taken ZERO responsibility for their failures.

Hearing SJ throw Cedee Lamb under the bus angers me not because Lamb didn’t deserve criticism. It was not hearing the Jones boys take any responsibility for their failure to once again put together a strong roster.

Get mad at Dak, and Cedee and Steele and McCarthy and Kellen if you choose. They deserve it. But get madder at the clowns who never take any personal responsibility for their failures and mistakes. That’s where the lions share of the blame belongs. They want all the credit and zero blame.
I’ve been saying this for the past few years. These two are not football guys.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

27 years and counting.....

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Mission accomplished. :thumbup:

usa_today_16649051.0.jpg

75boyz

Reaction score
While Jerry is the root of the problem, the QB1 and HC still share a part of the blame pie in the NFL triangle to success of GM, HC and QB1.

The title holders for all 3 of these positions in Dallas are poor at their jobs.

And just because this GM hired this HC and drafted this QB does not absolve the HC and QB of performing their jobs at a high level.

And this ain't just a last Sunday night thing.

Groundhog Day continues.

And NO, I'm not a Jerry apologist.

I just think McFatty and SleepNumber suck too that's all, lol.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

:hammer: It doesn't matter who we replace these people with. The results will be the same because of Jerry and Stephen. They are the cause of all this.

HungryLion

Reaction score

But other than that Mrs Lincoln. How was the play?

fredp22

Reaction score
we led the week in attendance. Thats all Jerry really cares about. Control and ego stroking are 2nd. Winning is desired but in no way a primary objective. Firing Jimmy and Landry while keeping MM and Garrett resulting in 26+ years of mediocre play hyped with his propaganda prove that

Rajveer

Reaction score

Exactly my sentiments. When the roots of the tree are rotten, you cannot expect much from the branches.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
we led the week in attendance. Thats all Jerry really cares about. Control and ego stroking are 2nd. Winning is desired but in no way a primary objective. Firing Jimmy and Landry while keeping MM and Garrett resulting in 26+ years of mediocre play hyped with his propaganda prove that

I disagree. Jerry desperately wants to win.

He just doesn't know how to do it.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Joe Douglas was Rosemans right hand in Philly when a SB was won . Saleh the HC was coveted asst with the 49ers with a top notch aggressive SB defense . They have both presided over garbage at Jets land .

Gettlemen was in Carolina when they won a SB then he got the Giants gig . Judge Joe was a ST coach in NE the Patriots raved about . Garbage that’s the Giants with those 2 .

Matt Patricia and Bob Quinn both highly thought of when they were in New England the Lions garbage under them . Be careful when you throw around the term “ football guy “ . Besides Jerry’s on his way out Stephens coming in and the family Art Gallery is open , gift shop mezzanine level bring the credit cards .

Yoshimitsu

Lurch
Reaction score
Jerry and Stephen are the architects of this mess the last 25 years. They deserve the lions share of it because we have seen how this team is with different coaches and players through the years. We have yet to see how this team will look with new management. That is the one thing that has remained constant. Year after year turnover of players and coaches and the same mess over and over

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
It has been said a million times here - Jerry cares more about cash flow than he does about winning. There's only one thing that would get Jerry's attention, and that is for the cash to stop pouring in. Unfortunately, that will never happen and the reason is simple. The DFW area is a melting pot for transplants.

If every Dallas fan suddenly stopped going to the games the stadium would still be packed every week. Imagine a game against the Giants or Packers and the stadium being filled to the core with gnats or cheese heads. You think Jerry would care? Nope, not one bit.

It would be a total disgrace for the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders to be performing for a stadium filled with nothing but Steelers fans, and Jerry wouldn't blink an eye because there was a butt in every seat.

Last edited: