Put Tyler Smith at left guard and leave him there!

The_Playmaker

Reaction score
They need to leave everyone where they’re at on the OL and put Tyler at LG and leave him there for at least a few years. Let him clean up his techniques first.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I think his best spot might be RG....I'd move Martin to LG....

He's clearly a LG. That's where he's been the best. That's what he looks best at from an NFL perspective.

True, he can probably play RG, but his more natural position, the one he's naturally built for is LG.

And he's a beast at that.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Didn't the Cowboys already say that is the plan?
No. They inferred he might start at LG and move out to LT down the road. Of course there is plenty of time to decide where he fits best and honestly if he even will be good enough to ever start. I'm getting a little excited about the prospect of him as a LG

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
What's all this talk about right tackle, future left tackle? Blah, blah, blah. Just leave the kid in Larry Allen's old position and let him maul. Bulk this kid up to where he can bench press 700 lbs.

Maybe. I wouldn't switch him the RT, but if he has the ability to play LT when Tyron's body finishes giving up, I think we're obligated to try to move him there. A lot easier to find a quality LG than LT, especially if you're not drafting early.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I'm sure they plan on playing him at LG. Otherwise he'd just be a back Lt the next 2 seasons. That'd be really dumb with a 1st round pick lol

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What's all this talk about right tackle, future left tackle? Blah, blah, blah. Just leave the kid in Larry Allen's old position and let him maul. Bulk this kid up to where he can bench press 700 lbs.
According to Frederick, Tyron was benching between 600-700

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

If they are depending on him to start immediately, they better just put him in at LG and leave him there. Let him develop fast. Nothing wrong with keeping him there, i agree. Get your LT some other way for now.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I hope we get another big guy. And what happened to DT. Guess they still don’t care.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let’s at least let coaches see him in practice first …

Motorola

Reaction score
Tyler just recently said on 105.3 interview that Larry Allen was his ideal model of all time. ..Tyron Smith as of right now.
He can learn from both.
Study film of Allen (heck, Smith could contact the ROH & HOFer and get some advice).
Watch Tyron every practice (and heed tips from the multiple All-Pro).

_sturt_

Reaction score
Simply am not penciling in a 21 year old to be the staring left guard for a team with post-season expectations before he's hit training camp... short of that 21 year-old having a Tyron Smith kind-of-regard. Tyler, of course, does not.

First priority in free agency now is Ereck Flowers or someone similar.

Mookie

Reaction score
And just imagine if this kid had stayed another year in school. We're getting him a year early and the opportunity to mold him. What's not to like?
He would have been a Top 10 pick. I like him better than Slater

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Facts, i wouldnt move this kid anywhere. The jones' are so dumb. Prolly talked him up like u do great things we'll move you to tackle so we can pay you more money. Someone just take the mic away from those 2 bozos.

Proof

Reaction score
Simply am not penciling in a 21 year old to be the staring left guard for a team with post-season expectations before he's hit training camp... short of that 21 year-old having a Tyron Smith kind-of-regard. Tyler, of course, does not.

First priority in free agency now is Ereck Flowers or someone similar.

flowers sucks

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I tend to agree; although LA was All-Pro in his 1 year at LT...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And just imagine if this kid had stayed another year in school. We're getting him a year early and the opportunity to mold him. What's not to like?
Or if he had played OG on in college, then there would be no questions about him as a 1st round pick.
- Lack of technique is a much bigger issue at LT than at OG, especially in college.