Put Tyler Smith at left guard and leave him there!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Buzz-kill post right? That's a lot of penalties against Tulsa competition too. I am hopeful but why replace Connor Williams with another Connor Williams type player, at least where he was...LOL
Tulsa did play schools like Ohio State...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eric Williams like to finish but so did LA. What set EWill apart was how he'd turn his punches into head slaps and throat punches. He had no issues sweeping the leg. I don't see Smith being like that. He likes picking people up, and slam/flopping on them. T
Yes, demeanor is more LA than EW.

LA pummeled defenders because it was fun.

EW literally wanted to kill defenders and eat their children.
- Darren Woodson who player with LA, EW and Haley say that EW was the scariest player that's he ever seen on the football field.
- Nate Newton says he and other players stayed away from EW in pre-game warmups because it was too physically painful to do 1-on-1 against him.
- Nate said that LA was the only player that would do the pre-game reps against EW.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Don't know if anyone has said this, but what tape I've watched of TyLER reminds me of Ronald Leary.

Ken

Reaction score
What's all this talk about right tackle, future left tackle? Blah, blah, blah. Just leave the kid in Larry Allen's old position and let him maul. Bulk this kid up to where he can bench press 700 lbs.
Quick note, Larry Allen was a Pro Bowler at LG, LT, and RT.

Just sayin' lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Cowboys see Smith as their future LT. He’ll get some reps at LT when Tyron is out. Tyron has missed three or more games six straight years.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
What's all this talk about right tackle, future left tackle? Blah, blah, blah. Just leave the kid in Larry Allen's old position and let him maul. Bulk this kid up to where he can bench press 700 lbs.
If he plays really well at LG, I think he will stick there.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Simply am not penciling in a 21 year old to be the staring left guard for a team with post-season expectations before he's hit training camp... short of that 21 year-old having a Tyron Smith kind-of-regard. Tyler, of course, does not.

First priority in free agency now is Ereck Flowers or someone similar.

They already did it. Look at the current cowboys depth chart. He's the starting LG.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score

That's not how it was. Larry Allen played every position but center, and was a pro bowler at both tackle spots and RG. He didn't play LG until 1999. He was a better player when moving around the 1st half of his career vs. his LG years, but that was more due to him becoming a fat slob rather than his position.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's not how it was. Larry Allen played every position but center, and was a pro bowler at both tackle spots and RG. He didn't play LG until 1999. He was a better player when moving around the 1st half of his career vs. his LG years, but that was more due to him becoming a fat slob rather than his position.

That is completely not true.

_sturt_

Reaction score
They already did it. Look at the current cowboys depth chart. He's the starting LG.

The season starts in September, obviously. So, whatever they're doing now isn't actually compelling to who will be the starting LG in Game #1.

The Co-GM has openly said pre-draft he's not finished yet with free agency.

I don't have any influence over the Co-GM, of course, but my opinion is he's got to go into training camp with a viable alternative to a 21 yr-old who doesn't come to the big leagues with a Tyron Smith sized reputation coming out of college.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
So before Tyler starts training & winning his spot, they want to put him at LG ?

cowboyec

Reaction score
tyler smith is gonna kick butt in this league.
glad we got him.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's 100% true. Most people only want to remember the good.

Allen went on fumes and reputation from about 2001 on, his gut swelled up like he'd swallowed a beach ball.

Never mind. You were saying specifically LG.