Put your Cards on the Table

DFWJC

Reaction score
They were clearly looking for a bookend for Garrett and had plenty of cap room to pay Dlaw what he wants so it probably could have been done but we will never know for sure.
Hard to say.
DLaw is going to want a fortune.
Obviously waymore than Richardson and others...combined

DFWJC

Reaction score
Okay.

I am looking into bringing back Jermey Parnell to be swing tackle.
I sign Jason Verrett for cheap to see if he's got some gas in the tank at corner.
I sign Adrian Amos to a deal similar to the one he got from Green Bay 4 years, 37 million.
I sign Timmy Jernigan to a 2 year deal with a team option for a third.
I sign KJ Wright from the seahawks and have a free for all at Linebacker.

I resign D-Law. 5 years 95 Million, 60 Guarenteed.
The the one done so far would be attempt to sign Amos

DFWJC

Reaction score
Of course earl hasn’t signed but it’d be done by meow if it were me.

Not sure what Jesse James signed for but I’d have made sure I persuaded him to visit me first, but I’m sure the lions overpaid.

I don’t think the cowboys are that far roster wise.

And we all know where the holes are
At what price for ET?
For James?

As you know,V, its one thing to say we would sign but we have to give them what they want (if its this early) and assume rhey prefer here as well.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I too want to add more than we lose this offseason.

But this whiny, childlike *****ing and moaning really does get old.

Exactly what FA deals should we have made so far?

Take into account the price and assume we would have to match or top it and that the player would like the fit here better than 31 other teams.

So what signings would you have done so far?

Lets here it
The play and what you would pay (and it would have to be enough to get him)

I don't see many of the completed deals that I would want the Cowboys to have made.

Maybe one of these:
WR Humphries 9M per
DT Sheldon Richardson 12M per
DT Malik Jackson about 10M per

Johnny23

Reaction score
The the one done so far would be attempt to sign Amos
If I'm GM I am not attempting. I am siging. The deal with GB is stupid reasonable for a young ballhawk. It is crazy how one of the best up and coming safeties was had for such a good deal. He's going to be a steal for GB with their young talented secondary. I hear you're saying though. hahaha.

Johnny23

Reaction score
I don't see many of the completed deals that I would want the Cowboys to have made.

Maybe one of these:
WR Humphries 9M per
DT Sheldon Richardson 12M per
DT Malik Jackson about 10M per
@xwalker

GB stole Adrian Amos away from the Bears for 9.2 per on average. One of the better young safeties.

Kaiser

Reaction score

None, I want Earl Thomas and Golden Tate (or maybe Cobb) and we stil can/may/will sign both guys. You don't freak out on the first day of FA signing for those guys and if anything, the moves that have happened are in our favor for acquiring those two.

Then get a DT, TE, WR and OT in the draft.

Then sign FA depth guys at RB, DT and OT after the draft when free agents start looking for a home at lower prices.

Then watch the normal improvement you get from young players with LVE, Gallup, Conner Williams, Taco, Dorance Armstrong, Antwuan Woods, Awuzie, Xavier Woods, etc.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
At what price for ET?
For James?

As you know,V, its one thing to say we would sign but we have to give them what they want (if its this early) and assume rhey prefer here as well.

I’d give earl his $14 mil...

And I didn’t find what Detroit paid James, but what was witten getting before retirement ?

7-8 mil/per? I’d do that.

And I’d restructure 70 next year if needed to help pay amari and the others coming down the pike

Bigdog

Reaction score
Adrian Amos deal with the Packers is the one deal I would have done. The guy is young and can play. Plus you will get him in his prime. Wish we would have at showed some interest.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Take into account the price and assume we would have to match or top it and that the player would like the fit here better than 31 other teams.

Lets hear it
The player and what you would pay (and it would have to be enough to get him)

I think most would say ET is a no brainer...…………...the best safety in the NFL literally comes to your lockerroom begging to play for you.

So far our response has been, "nah, we good bro".

EPIC FAIL...……….we could easily afford his $14 million price tag. Even my friend Idgit says this is the type of move you make if you are serious about trying to win a championship.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
The deal with GB is stupid reasonable for a young ballhawk. It is crazy how one of the best up and coming safeties was had for such a good deal. He's going to be a steal for GB with their young talented secondary. I hear you're saying though. hahaha.

Amos is no ballhawk. He has 3 int’s total for his career. Zero in 2015 (16 games started). Zero in 2016 (14 games started). One in 2017 (10 games started), and two in 2018 (16 games started).

Amos is a solid player and I like him... but he’s not anywhere close to a ballhawk.

Perhaps you’re thinking of Eddie Jackson (their starting FS) who has 8 int’s in two seasons? That would be my guess.

Amos was their starting SS in Chicago.

AKATheRake

Reaction score

Lets hear it
The player and what you would pay (and it would have to be enough to get him)

I don't know how much more ET could have shown he wanted to be here.

Reports were saying he would even do a 2 year deal. Sounds like Cleveland is ready to do a 3 year deal.

He'd be 32 by the time that would be done.

Mathieu and Collins got $14 million per. We haven't had an elite player in our backfield for over a decade.

Lawrence had no issue signing his tag last year. Sounds to be asking for $20.5 million per. Dee Ford at OLB just got traded for a 2nd and is getting $17.5 per at a position that's paid less. Same age. Should stop tinkering with Tank and give him his $20 million per.

Thomas is worth the money and could help get this defense over the edge with some good d-line drafting and good FA acquisition(s).

Our offense will improve this year but the defense would be top 3 with these additions. If we're serious about winning we have the ability to do these moves.

It's a bunch of crap the Jones' are feeding us. Even with Tanks $20 million tag we still have over $20 million in space and don't have to pay a 1st rounder.

John813

Reaction score
I don't know how much more ET could have shown he wanted to be here.

Reports were saying he would even do a 2 year deal. Sounds like Cleveland is ready to do a 3 year deal.

He'd be 32 by the time that would be done.

Mathieu and Collins got $14 million per. We haven't had an elite player in our backfield for over a decade.

Lawrence had no issue signing his tag last year. Sounds to be asking for $20.5 million per. Dee Ford at OLB just got traded for a 2nd and is getting $17.5 per at a position that's paid less. Same age. Should stop tinkering with Tank and give him his $20 million per.

Thomas is worth the money and could help get this defense over the edge with some good d-line drafting and good FA acquisition(s).

Our offense will improve this year but the defense would be top 3 with these additions. If we're serious about winning we have the ability to do these moves.

It's a bunch of crap the Jones' are feeding us. Even with Tanks $20 million tag we still have over $20 million in space and don't have to pay a 1st rounder.

If anything, the more years added to the deal, the better for cap purposes.
Unless his hard bargain is he want's a large amount of the deal guaranteed.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
If anything, the more years added to the deal, the better for cap purposes.
Unless his hard bargain is he want's a large amount of the deal guaranteed.

Probably $20 million guaranteed if he's going to do a 3 year $15 million per deal. About 42.5% of his contract

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I’m not a numbers guy but to me Tank or some other equivalent is priority #1. We also need another DT and a safety. To me the offense should be ok assuming the new coach has a better scheme, I’d like to add another receiver though...

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Danny Shelton, ET, Rod Smith, Tavon Austin, draft. Tell Lawrence to play under the tag and become a 28yr old free agent next year.