tm1119

Reaction score
M Jackson
S Richardson
Gipson
Amos
Hyde
Wake

I would have given just as much/slightly more to any/all of those guys.

Sorry I want to win...silly me, how dare I

conner01

Reaction score
I don't see many of the completed deals that I would want the Cowboys to have made.

Maybe one of these:
WR Humphries 9M per
DT Sheldon Richardson 12M per
DT Malik Jackson about 10M per
I think I would have made Jackson deal because he actually fits what the teams wants and needs
Other than that most of the guys I liked either haven’t been signed or went for more than I would have paid
Can’t really complain about not signing a guy who still haven’t signed

Sydla

Reaction score
Amos ($9.25M) & Camron Wake ($7.5M) of the top of my head.

Didn't realize Wake signed.

He would have been an interesting name to bring in given the uncertainty at DE. Well, at least the uncertainty at DE that I see. Apparently our FO thinks we are totally fine at DE.

John813

Reaction score
I think I would have made Jackson deal because he actually fits what the teams wants and needs
Other than that most of the guys I liked either haven’t been signed or went for more than I would have paid
Can’t really complain about not signing a guy who still haven’t signed

Same. His cap hit this year is more than likely between 5-7mil. For 2020 it may be close to the AAV hit. And then by 2021 he's cut.

Would of liked Wake had they moved on from Lawrence. He's strictly a LDE so no point if Law was retained.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

He would have been an interesting name to bring in given the uncertainty at DE. Well, at least the uncertainty at DE that I see. Apparently our FO thinks we are totally fine at DE.

Cheap too (relatively speaking). But we cannot stop Taco's progress.

Carson

Reaction score
Give me Gipson at 3 years, 22 Million.

Give me Cameron Wake at 3 years, 23 million.

Lock up DLaw.

Give me one lower tier free agent

I would’ve been more than happy

slick325

Reaction score
I too want to add more than we lose this offseason.

But this whiny, childlike *****ing and moaning really does get old.

Exactly what FA deals should we have made so far?

Take into account the price and assume we would have to match or top it and that the player would like the fit here better than 31 other teams.

So what signings would you have done so far?

Lets hear it
The player and what you would pay (and it would have to be enough to get him)

Earl Thomas (FS): 4yrs $60MM ($45.5MM guaranteed with $33MM guaranteed on signing...$15MM AAV) front loaded deal where Dallas can get out of the deal after 3yrs with no guaranteed money left on the deal and a minimal dead money hit. Assuming the cap continues to increase $10MM each year as it has been for the last 4 years, that allows for room to pay all your own players you choose to re-sign.

Tyler Eifert (TE): 2yrs $10MM with $5MM guaranteed and a team option for year 2.

Edit: didn't realize you meant pick an existing deal and player that Dallas should have signed.

Last edited:

visionary

Reaction score

Take into account the price and assume we would have to match or top it and that the player would like the fit here better than 31 other teams.

Lets hear it

Yes
We are in an NFL FO and have the resources of an NFL GM (not pretend GMs like the Joneses) so we should "put our cards on the table"

Just stop it

Not one person on this board is qualified to put the ins and outs of an NFL deal together

The job of an NFL GM is to pull all coaching and FA/draft resources at his disposal to put together a team and coaching staff that gives the team the best chance possible to win a SB

Can you honestly say that our GM and FO have done that even one year in the last 20?

So, yes, fans of this completely incompetent franchise and laughable FO should at least be allowed the courtesy to complain

Maybe that's too much to ask but I'm not asking

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Yet he has done none of yet prove to be a great employee

Yea I'm pretty sure the cowboys have had a slew of nice employees. Hell Witten and Lee are better employees than Dak.

Does nothing if you cant win a SB.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I don't know how much more ET could have shown he wanted to be here.

Reports were saying he would even do a 2 year deal. Sounds like Cleveland is ready to do a 3 year deal.

He'd be 32 by the time that would be done.

Mathieu and Collins got $14 million per. We haven't had an elite player in our backfield for over a decade.

Lawrence had no issue signing his tag last year. Sounds to be asking for $20.5 million per. Dee Ford at OLB just got traded for a 2nd and is getting $17.5 per at a position that's paid less. Same age. Should stop tinkering with Tank and give him his $20 million per.

Thomas is worth the money and could help get this defense over the edge with some good d-line drafting and good FA acquisition(s).

Our offense will improve this year but the defense would be top 3 with these additions. If we're serious about winning we have the ability to do these moves.

It's a bunch of crap the Jones' are feeding us. Even with Tanks $20 million tag we still have over $20 million in space and don't have to pay a 1st rounder.
I hear all that, but the question was to the people complaining that everyone else is signing people and we haven't yet....so which deals that have already been signed by other teams do they think we should have done?

As or Lawrence, that is just an ongoing negotiation

cowboyec

Reaction score
not a single damn one of'm.
there's only one I really like.
:starspin:WITTEN:starspin:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Get ready for "Talkin' Taco", where the fans and Cowboys representatives waste time trying to sell you on the virtues of a bust draft pick.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think most would say ET is a no brainer...…………...the best safety in the NFL literally comes to your lockerroom begging to play for you.

So far our response has been, "nah, we good bro".

EPIC FAIL...……….we could easily afford his $14 million price tag. Even my friend Idgit says this is the type of move you make if you are serious about trying to win a championship.
But no deals that have been so far then?
That was the question.

As for ET, it's not a fail (in the eyes of those that want him at his price) until he signs elsewhere.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Lets hear it

The guy that whines about fans whining.

I really liked that guy Adrian Amos the safety from the Bears. Thought that would have been a very good signing that didn't break the bank. Gotten rid of Heath once and for all.

He signed for 4 years and 37 Million. 21 Million guaranteed. That's around 9 million per season. I think he has the potential to be a pro bowl type safety.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My frustration has zero to do with the lack of FA signings. In fact, I’m glad to see this team not foolishly overpay like so many teams do on day one.

My frustration with this FO is their laziness in being aggressive about putting a complete organizational top to bottom effort to put a championship team on the field. I don’t expect a bunch of FA signings or aggressive trades. BUT- I do expect to see these things from this owner and FO:

1. Hire the best HC and coaching staff that can move this team forward and have better prep and in-game adjustments. Garrett has proven he’s not that coach.

2. Show a commitment to a clear plan to build a team. Look at the desperate trade last fall to get Amari Cooper. That happened because this FO had to admit their “plan” at WR was a complete failure.

3. Show a strong work ethic. This GM flaunts the fact that he doesn’t watch film, doesn’t do the normal work a GM does. Jerry and Stephen have no shame in promoting a concert or prize fight while the season is going on, or have no problem partying in the Bahamas during key moments in the offseason. I don’t know how lazy they are, but they are clearly brazen.

4. Show a sense of urgency to win.
I’m constantly told by many Cowboys fans that I should lower my expectations because of Jerry and his crazy ways. That explains in a nutshell what I’m sick of of with the Jones Cartel. They have so diluted our fan base’s expectations that in order to remain a fan, expectations should be lowered. That’s unacceptable to me.