Putting this 17 year Brady/Belichick run in perspective

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
So the Pats won their first super bowl under Bray/Belichick 17 years to the very day -- Feb 3, 2002.

At that time, Dave Campo was the HC for the Cowboys, who were coming off a 5-11 season..
Emmitt Smith was still on the roster..
Roy Williams was to be drafted by Dallas 2 1/2 months later..
Terrance Newman and Jason Witten weren't even drafted until the following year (2003)..
Tony Romo was also a year away from joining the Cowboys, let alone 4 years away before getting in his first NFL game.

That's just...amazing. Not a fan obviously, not a hater either. Perhaps doesn't even belong on the main Fan Zone board. I'm just...amazed about the longevity here. As a fan, I would be thrilled if the Cowboys could achieve just half of that success (5 SB appearances, 3 wins) in a 17 year period again.

Unreal.

Little Jr

Reaction score
I said it when they win their 5th, just sit back and enjoy history because thats what we are witnessing. We never seen anything like this and never will again. GOAT dynasty, GOAT QB and GOAT HC.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Be thankfull that we got to witness it. Those Pats kind of grew on me over the years.....like a fungus :laugh:

Chrispierce

Reaction score
It’s history....you’ll never see this,and feel privialged to have been around for it all. The odds of it are insane..they did what the league is set up against doing. Brady and Bill...just the greatest combo ever.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
I am fascinated by the different football philosophy's between Garrett and Belichick. Or at least what the differences seem to be.

Belichick, from the first snap he believes his job is to adjust the game plan to the very last snap. Be ready for anything thrown at you. Create opportunities for your players to win. He seems to treat football like a chess match.

Garrett, beat the man in front of you. If you do your job chances of winning should be high. Control the clock.

Haimerej

Reaction score
I am fascinated by the different football philosophy's between Garrett and Belichick. Or at least what the differences seem to be.

Belichick, from the first snap he believes his job is to adjust the game plan to the very last snap. Be ready for anything thrown at you. Create opportunities for your players to win. He seems to treat football like a chess match.

Garrett, beat the man in front of you. If you do your job chances of winning should be high. Control the clock.

Garrett is actually out of his tree- Belichick, Saban, Garrett. Funny you quote, "do your job," for Garrett. They made a Belichick documentary called, "Do Your Job."

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
So the Pats won their first super bowl under Bray/Belichick 17 years to the very day -- Feb 3, 2002.

At that time, Dave Campo was the HC for the Cowboys, who were coming off a 5-11 season..
Emmitt Smith was still on the roster..
Roy Williams was to be drafted by Dallas 2 1/2 months later..
Terrance Newman and Jason Witten weren't even drafted until the following year (2003)..
Tony Romo was also a year away from joining the Cowboys, let alone 4 years away before getting in his first NFL game.

That's just...amazing. Not a fan obviously, not a hater either. Perhaps doesn't even belong on the main Fan Zone board. I'm just...amazed about the longevity here. As a fan, I would be thrilled if the Cowboys could achieve just half of that success (5 SB appearances, 3 wins) in a 17 year period again.

Unreal.

You can marvel all you want....but something is fishy.

They have been busted for cheating before...and more than once. Tonight...I feel like something was a miss. Stealing the Rams signals?

Tom vs time is balony. All he has done is found a way to skirt around the NFLs drug laws albeit...stem cell treatment or new designer HGH that the league hasn't caught up to yet. Your not gonna convince me other wise. That's what the Patriots do. They cheat. And just keep coming up w/ new ways to beat the system.

Big D

Reaction score

The difference is Belichicks philosophy is fundamentally sound football while garret has no definable philosphy.

CowboysRock1980

Reaction score
Props to the Patriots, after Belichick and Brady retires, I do not think we will see another dynasty like that again

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
You can marvel all you want....but something is fishy.

They have been busted for cheating before...and more than once. Tonight...I feel like something was a miss. Stealing the Rams signals?

Tom vs time is balony. All he has done is found a way to skirt around the NFLs drug laws albeit...stem cell treatment or new designer HGH that the league hasn't caught up to yet. Your not gonna convince me other wise. That's what the Patriots do. They cheat. And just keep coming up w/ new ways to beat the system.
If you ain't cheatin you ain't trying!

mardwin

Reaction score

Flexibility is a potent allied. It means you can beat a team in many ways without being one dimensional. Garrett is not a strategist, he's a motivator that makes his team play hard. He's not someone that will innovate and look to attack the opponent's weakness and limiting their strength.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Flexibility is a potent allied. It means you can beat a team in many ways without being one dimensional. Garrett is not a strategist, he's a motivator that makes his team play hard. He's not someone that will innovate and look to attack the opponent's weakness and limiting their strength.

That's why we need someone else coming up with the strategies. Garrett can just be the motivator.

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score
Yup, Pats always do a great job of knowing their resources and limitations as well as the other teams. Bill is like no other. You know if Rams came out on fire there’d be adjustments by the second quarter. He said it the players delivered on the play calls. If they hadn’t he’d try something else. Justlikeyousaid, they are flexible and not married to winning in any such way.

Cebrin

Reaction score
"Be like water, my friend." - Bruce Lee

Brady, and Belichick are a great example of this.