News: QB Dak Prescott: "When I lose, that's what pisses me off"

Proof

Reaction score
I personally believe half of the media has hyped this guy so much that they are invested in him succeeding and it clouds their ability to actually cover him objectively. "Oh, he's so nice, he's young and fresh, AND he picked up his cup when it fell short of the trash. GREAT STORY"

The other half hates the Cowboys and writes fluff pieces like this to make him look like a "no nonsense leader" so Jerry will feel better hamstringing the franchise for the next decade to keep him around.

you are a simpleton

shabazz

Reaction score
You realize they have to do interviews right? It’s part of the job. So he doesn’t really have the choice but to talk some.

That's true, and the media will push every button they can to play gotcha with your statements. But honestly, hes handles the media very well from the beginning especially during his first year while he was taking the team from Romo. He did a respectful job with that

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
At some point, all this "right way of" talking wears off when you keep losing or don't improve

You end up thinking

where_the_beef_large.gif

:cool:

shabazz

Reaction score
The Rams just gave up 2000 points to the Ravens and the Bears gave up almost 400 yards of offense to whatever a David Blough is.

True, but we aint the Ravens.....in fact where not even the Patriots. The Bears defense in Chicago at night will be a challenge. I hope Im wrong but both their defenses are still in the top 12 after facing some good offenses

BoysForLife

Reaction score
you are a simpleton

You may think I'm wrong. But I'm not a simpleton.

I analyze the heck out of things before I form an opinion.

I truly believe that about the media. Many of them are invested in him. Go back to Joe Buck in the Steelers game back in 16. Zeke takes a routine screen pass 85 yards for a early TD, then busts 2 long TD runs in the last 2:00 to steal a road win at Pittsburgh. And what does Buck say as the broadcast is winding down?

"Do you think Dak Prescott will still be the starter next week?" And from the tone of his voice, it was a question only in the purely rhetorical sense. He wasn't looking for an answer. He was declaring one. Running back produced over 215 yards total (rush/receive) and ran for 2 TD in the final 2:00 and the lead announcer is foaming at the mouth over the QB.

That's telling. And it's been the same since. Dak plays well, a lot of the media licks his boots. Dak plays poorly, media destroys his O line and his receivers and his RB. He's exempt. They are invested in him. It's not tough to see if you're willing to really look.

As for the 2nd half, if you think there isn't a decent contingent of sports media that despises us and would love to see us go down in flames in perpetuity, I don't know what to say. They do. And many of them recognize Dak is not the guy and they'd love to see Jerry and the team pay big money to find out so they could revel in our misery.

Last edited:

shabazz

Reaction score
I personally believe half of the media has hyped this guy so much that they are invested in him succeeding and it clouds their ability to actually cover him objectively. "Oh, he's so nice, he's young and fresh, AND he picked up his cup when it fell short of the trash. GREAT STORY"

The other half hates the Cowboys and writes fluff pieces like this to make him look like a "no nonsense leader" so Jerry will feel better hamstringing the franchise for the next decade to keep him around.

Completely accurate in regards to how the media frames stories and how they perpetuate an agenda. Well done

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
True, but we aint the Ravens.....in fact where not even the Patriots. The Bears defense in Chicago at night will be a challenge. I hope Im wrong but both their defenses are still in the top 12 after facing some good offenses
So is the Cowboys' defense. Per snap, they rank 8th against the pass and 13th against the run.

The Bears have not faced a single good offense this year, unless you count NO - who hung 36 on them.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FRISCO, Texas — Dak Prescott gets what you’re thinking. He couldn’t score a touchdown, or even complete a pass to receiver Amari Cooper, in the Cowboys’ 13-9 loss in New England on Nov. 24.

He orchestrated a fluid nine-play, 75-yard scoring drive to take an early lead against the Bills on Thanksgiving. Then his Cowboys failed to score for the next 51 minutes and 33 seconds of game time.
I didn't think it was possible to play 120 minutes of football and only score 1 TD.

Sure if your the Bengals or Giants......but the Cowboys?

Exactly what the hell is Garrett doing about this???

In the mean time, I frankly don't care what pisses off Dak. I've got plenty of pissed off around here already!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nice try.....we gave up 12 to the Saints and 13 to the Patriots and STILL LOST.

Revisionist History to drive a narrative

Dak needs to watch his mustard and stop eating all those Hot-Dogs....lol...

shabazz

Reaction score
So is the Cowboys' defense. Per snap, they rank 8th against the pass and 13th against the run.

The Bears have not faced a single good offense this year, unless you count NO - who hung 36 on them.

Good point concerning the Bears. We should expect to have some good success against them then. Point taken

Creeper

Reaction score
My first reaction to Dak's words was, "then why don't you grab your team by the cajones and drag them across the goal line for a game winning TD?" But then something occurred to me. I have heard that the Cowboys lack leadership in the locker room a number of times from a variety of critics. I've said it myself when Romo was the QB. I used to say Romo is too laid back, he needs to get in faces like Aikman did or Brady does now. Who is the guy on the Cowboys who gets in peoples faces when they make mistakes. Who yells at the special teams coach when his squad does something stupid again? The answer is no one. Everybody on this team seems to go about his business without minding anyone else's business. Maybe the problem is one guy in the locker room who should not be there. A guy who pops the balloon to ruin the party. The guy who enters the debate just as two people are about to come to an agreement. Just when a player is about to stand up and take the lead, he steps into the room to snatch it from the player. Its Jerry Jones. Jerry is the leader on this team. Jerry goes into the locker room after a tough loss to give the pep talk. Jerry is giving the meaningful interviews. Jerry is the one making promises. The problem is, Jerry does a poor job of it. Jerry is not really a good leader, he is just a guy with a lot of money and he signs the checks. He sucks the air out of a locker room so that no leaders can emerge. Maybe this is the root of the problem for 25 years. Maybe all this team needs is for Jerry to stay out of the locker room and let a leader or leaders emerge from among the players instead of trying to play that role himself.

jsb357

Reaction score
I understand the concept of a cohesive locker room
but the constant singular message, the players behaviors, etc
over such a long time span reminds me of "the stepford wives" from the 70's.

BTW Witten is the worst but he has been programmed the longest.

As much as I disliked the Bennett signing, he has yet to succumb to the process.

YET

817Gill

Reaction score
You realize they have to do interviews right? It’s part of the job. So he doesn’t really have the choice but to talk some.
Lol people act like he calls a press conference every 20 min for himself. He has to do media daily so the news outlets publish stories like this daily. In fact he’s contractually obligated to do so

Proof

Reaction score
You may think I'm wrong. But I'm not a simpleton.

I analyze the heck out of things before I form an opinion.

I truly believe that about the media. Many of them are invested in him. Go back to Joe Buck in the Steelers game back in 16. Zeke takes a routine screen pass 85 yards for a early TD, then busts 2 long TD runs in the last 2:00 to steal a road win at Pittsburgh. And what does Buck say as the broadcast is winding down?

"Do you think Dak Prescott will still be the starter next week?" And from the tone of his voice, it was a question only in the purely rhetorical sense. He wasn't looking for an answer. He was declaring one. Running back produced over 215 yards total (rush/receive) and ran for 2 TD in the final 2:00 and the lead announcer is foaming at the mouth over the QB.

That's telling. And it's been the same since. Dak plays well, a lot of the media licks his boots. Dak plays poorly, media destroys his O line and his receivers and his RB. He's exempt. They are invested in him. It's not tough to see if you're willing to really look.

As for the 2nd half, if you think there isn't a decent contingent of sports media that despises us and would love to see us go down in flames in perpetuity, I don't know what to say. They do. And many of them recognize Dak is not the guy and they'd love to see Jerry and the team pay big money to find out so they could revel in our misery.

lol i like your style.

it's no secret that the media has biases for or against the cowboys, but to imply that dak only receives positive coverage for one of 2 reasons, (either because they are bootlickers, or intentionally trying to destroy the cowboys by tricking the team into keeping him) is flat out ridiculous. it's practically out and out lunacy lol.