News: QB Dak Prescott: "When I lose, that's what pisses me off"

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Lol, really? Outside noise? He's starting to become like his HC. Blaming and putting others down. We aren't "outside noise". Maybe if you listened to outside noise you'd be in a better position (record wise) right now.
You are outside noise. He is basically saying anything said about them outside of the inner circle of that organization doesn't matter and they aren't hearing you. They are a band of brothers that believe in each other and that is enough, the rest is outside noise to them. It's them against the world because even a good deal of their own so-called fans have turned on them. This will be the way they view everyone else for the rest of the season and into the playoffs.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
You are outside noise. He is basically saying anything said about them outside of the inner circle of that organization doesn't matter and they aren't hearing you. They are a band of brothers that believe in each other and that is enough, the rest is outside noise to them. It's them against the world because even a good deal of their own so-called fans have turned on them. This will be the way they view everyone else for the rest of the season and into the playoffs.

You had me til there. That's a load of bull and you know it. If they believed in each other so much, they'd be winning but they clearly don't. No one has stepped up for each other either to overcome coaching and bad bumps in the road this season. Didn't Zeke say players were yelling at each other or something in practice yesterday? People are pointing fingers now as well.

By the way, They deserve to be turned on. Acting the way they act in the locker room is unacceptable. Worrying about side stuff like girls, fame, cars, and instagram likes during and after football games is ridiculous. They act like everything is fine and dandy after losses. They make no effort to get better as they continue to make the same mistakes. Bennett didn't yell in that locker room for no reason. So much talent, yet they lose to the Jets. So much talent, yet they're 6-6. Eagles and Commanders are garbage, yet they still have a chance to win the division. We owe those players nothing. Our loyalty is only theirs to lose, and it's not our fault they're playing bad. Without fans, the NFL wouldn't exist, so I suggest they be a little more thankful.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's unbecoming. Sticks and stones stuff. Best way to silence a critic is to perform well.

You had me til there. That's a load of bull and you know it. If they believed in each other so much, they'd be winning but they clearly don't. No one has stepped up for each other either to overcome coaching and bad bumps in the road this season. Didn't Zeke say players were yelling at each other or something in practice yesterday? People are pointing fingers now as well.

By the way, They deserve to be turned on. Acting the way they act in the locker room is unacceptable. Worrying about side stuff like girls, fame, cars, and instagram likes during and after football games is ridiculous. They act like everything is fine and dandy after losses. They make no effort to get better as they continue to make the same mistakes. Bennett didn't yell in that locker room for no reason. So much talent, yet they lose to the Jets. So much talent, yet they're 6-6. Eagles and Commanders are garbage, yet they still have a chance to win the division. We owe those players nothing. Our loyalty is only theirs to lose, and it's not our fault they're playing bad. Without fans, the NFL wouldn't exist, so I suggest they be a little more thankful.
Talk to the hand because I'm not listening to your outside noise. I'm one of the few fans that still believe in this team this season.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Talk to the hand because I'm not listening to your outside noise. I'm one of the few fans that still believe in this team this season.

You're the one making the mistake here, not me. Go ahead and believe in this 6-6 team that has yet to beat any one with a winning record. Go ahead and believe in this team lead by JG with Jerry Jones at the helm. Go ahead and believe in this team with players that believe they are royalty and live in a glass castle. Believe in this team with players that see winning as a side goal. Thats on YOU. I'm just trying to help.

MikeB80

Reaction score
A) all these publications are from one interview
B) local media gets more than 2 a week. You want him to refuse questions from the local media? That’s just something QB1’s don’t do lol name me a QB that blows off local media? Doesn’t happen

not following?

I simply stated that you are wrong that he has to talk everyday and you are. QB's and Head Coaches have to speak after the game. The QB's speak on thursday or whichever day is the day they choose to do it. Usually most are open to talking to reporters if they are at their locker during the day but they are not required to everyday as you stated.

Second Who said anything about refusing questions? I simply said he is boring and offers no perspective on the team or himself. it's just generic nonsense just like the head coach.

Cannibal_Cowboy

Reaction score
You realize they have to do interviews right? It’s part of the job. So he doesn’t really have the choice but to talk some.
Then shouldn't he quit spouting the "I'm through talking" line when he actually knows he does have to talk?

Intelligence, or lack thereof, dictates what comes out of your mouth. For him, he should actually think before he speaks.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You're the one making the mistake here, not me. Go ahead and believe in this 6-6 team that has yet to beat any one with a winning record. Go ahead and believe in this team lead by JG with Jerry Jones at the helm. Go ahead and believe in this team with players that believe they are royalty and live in a glass castle. Believe in this team with players that see winning as a side goal. Thats on YOU. I'm just trying to help.
You can help by supporting me in believing in this team rather than telling me it's a mistake.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I've always loved Prescott's attitude. I don't want any player who doesn't love winning and despise losing. This guy's got a great work ethic.

khiladi

Reaction score
To be fair, this is sports and we are in 24/7 news. Everything, particularly interviews, get repetitive and the media use to publish fillers. Dak has said nothing different than every other player in professional sports says on similar situations. Unless they are going to come out and discuss game plans, this is standard fare.

“Sense of urgency” and “chippy practices”, it’s all the same catch phrases we’ve heard before.

jnday

Reaction score
During the last game's postgame press conference, Dak called all of you that are doubting the Cowboys now, "outside noise" That includes most of the posters on this forum. You are outside noise! Do you doubters hear that?
I am and will continue to be outside noise. Outside noise is apparently the fans that have higher standards and are vocal about it. The more the Cowboys win, the less outside noise he will hear. It’s that simple. WIN

jnday

Reaction score
Yeah, he is hearing it and if it wasn’t getting to him, he never would have brought the subject up. It seems like the outside noise came to the locker room in the form of Bennett. Bennett gave them a reality check and I hope his rant done some good.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
FRISCO, Texas — Dak Prescott gets what you’re thinking.

He couldn’t score a touchdown, or even complete a pass to receiver Amari Cooper, in the Cowboys’ 13-9 loss in New England on Nov. 24.

He orchestrated a fluid nine-play, 75-yard scoring drive to take an early lead against the Bills on Thanksgiving. Then his Cowboys failed to score for the next 51 minutes and 33 seconds of game time.

The same Cowboys who started the season 3-0 have now lost six of their last nine games.

So, yes, Prescott expects that his team’s current troubles will “add to the doubters,” he said Monday from his locker at the Star. “It’s a one-week shelf life, especially when you play for this organization. It’s part of it. I signed up for it. I love it."
______

"When I lose, that’s what pisses me off,” Prescott said. “That’s what makes me go, that’s what keeps me going. I hate losing more than I like winning, to be honest. A win is like, sure, I was supposed to do that. Prepared my *** off. Why wouldn’t I do that? Then when I lose: Why? Why? It’s a battle. How do I get better?

“Make sure I don’t do what I did last week this week.”

“We haven’t played complementary football enough,” Prescott said. “When we’re hot, the defense isn’t. When they’re hot, we’re not getting points. We’re talented on both sides but haven’t gotten complementary football. That’s what gives you confidence: They’re playing good, we’re playing good — at times. If we can just play good together, we wouldn’t have a problem.”

Prescott understands playing well together is easier said than done. But he believes his team is capable, and the changes needed to transform good bursts into consistent performances are doable.

"Let the chip on your shoulder grow, Prescott tells teammates." This team has the talent to execute, and the division lead to control its postseason berth.

After that, Prescott believes, little more needs to be said.

“Times like this, it’s more to lead by example,” Prescott said. “Talk’s cheap. We’ve talked a lot and talked a bunch and gotten ourselves to right where we are. At a moment like this, I say hell with the talking.

“If you need to be fired up at 6-6, this isn’t the locker room for you.”

_______

Article Link: https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...son-from-brothers-fuel-motivation/2594063001/

Thoughts? Nice to see him fired up, but he needs to do this on the sidelines of the game and not to the media.

Right you are govnor. Losses miff and peeve me too.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
This is a team that has been spoiled by their automatic fame and glory of being glitzy, glamorous Cowboys players. Seems like football success has become a secondary benefit nowadays. Maybe an environment more devoted to just playing sound football would be more suitable?! ;)
:hammer:

Texas Longhorns, are you listening? Softness is rampant in Austin and Frisco.
The star treatment has made them stars, not players.
Oh, to have the departed Ernie Stautner yell in the Cowboys' ears every week.

nobody

Reaction score
At this point, he's probably sick of having to talk to the press and saying the same things rather than focus on improving and getting his team to improve. Being contractually obligated to be available to the press all the time must really suck.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
This is a team that has been spoiled by their automatic fame and glory of being glitzy, glamorous Cowboys players. Seems like football success has become a secondary benefit nowadays. Maybe an environment more devoted to just playing sound football would be more suitable?! ;)
That is why beasley is having fun playing for buffalo. Different culture there about football and winning.
His last year here he looked miserable.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
At this point, he's probably sick of having to talk to the press and saying the same things rather than focus on improving and getting his team to improve. Being contractually obligated to be available to the press all the time must really suck.
Well clearly he and rest of team dont know how to improve, week after week we see no real improvement.

So it is one thing to want to improve, but another to actually know how and then do it.
and yeah they need new coaches to do that.