1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys news ..

QB Solution - Stafford

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by JBS, Jul 18, 2020.

1. vicjagger

vicjagger Well-Known Member

3,322 Messages
    996 Likes Received
    I could get behind this if he's got anything left in the tank at the time of the deal. Always liked him.

blueblood70 likes this.
  2. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

54,275 Messages
    18,480 Likes Received
    The salary cap is Jones' business, not the players, not ours. If they didn't want Dak, they could've easily allowed him to go to free agency.

3. ondaedg

ondaedg Well-Known Member

1,638 Messages
    1,870 Likes Received
    Dan Marino went 8-8 three times, 5-6 once, and 7-6 once. The win/loss stat should never apply to a qb unless he plays both sides of the ball.

Arkyvarminter and DFWJC like this.
  4. QuincyCarterEra

QuincyCarterEra Well-Known Member

10,357 Messages
    9,730 Likes Received
    That would maximize the amount of years the Dak's hit would screw our CAP.

Cowboysheelsreds053 likes this.
  5. phildadon86

phildadon86 Well-Known Member

10,106 Messages
    13,936 Likes Received
    Again. Dak had a winning percentage close to 50 percent against winning teams prior to last season. When the team quit on their coach. And Let’s not pretend that stafford hasn’t had great receiving corps. Golliday Jones Tate is pretty damn good. Stafford also has 0 playoff wins. And a horrible record against winning teams which is what you’re bashing Dak for.

6. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

26,921 Messages
    19,800 Likes Received
    Dak, if one wants to attribute the wins to him.hasn’t brought a team back from double digits, 10 and 14 points, since 2016. Those wins were against the awful Eagles (7-9) and the 49ers (2-12). He has only two wins on Dallas top 50 comeback list and it is these 2.

How is a guy considered clutch if this is the reality? When Dak threw at least 40 times last season, Dallas was 1-7 and they were winless when down at half-time. Dak has never won with his arm in reality.

As a game manager, in 2016, when the RG imposed it’s will for four quarters, wearing the defense down and Dak played careful, and Beasley wasn’t being doubled, then he could check-down his way to get in FG range to win the game. Even the Vikings win in 2016, he threw for 139 yards only and the TD he threw was when Thielen fumbled the punt and Wilber recovered and ran the ball to the Vikings 8. And on the FG winning drive, it was basically a botched 33 yard punt by the Vikings and Zeke on first ran the ball back 30 yards into the 20s, meaning FG territory and the FG put them ahead. Dak basically fumbled on a third and 1 on the last series that Zeke recovered in Dallas own territory.

That is considered one of his fourth quarter wins. That’s what one calls a bus driver.

This not beating winning teams Isn’t new and went back to his Senior Year in college. MS didn’t beat a ranked team and in all those losses, Dak’s stats were essentially stat-passing in the 4th quarter when the games were over. That’s the year he exceeded all his passing attempts by far, just like last year. He threw 3793 yards that year, 477 attempts, 81 more attempts than the previous season , 29 TDs and 5 INT, but it was nothing but stat padding against ranked teams when he played them. They were soundly beaten across the board.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    PAPPYDOG and Cowboysheelsreds053 like this.
  7. basel90

basel90 Well-Known Member

1,120 Messages
    1,497 Likes Received
    Dak has many other failings other than his 1-6 record vs winning teams Last year , which should have been his best year result wise , but wasn’t . He is declining on the field as many teams deployed pressing defenses Against him very effectively. His accuracy was exposed many times .
    Bottom line , you are betting that he is elite and can take the cowboys to the Super Bowl . He is not elite , nor do I think he can read defenses well . Plus , he wants to bankrupt the team with his salary demands . All this should make any cowboy fan question how worthy is he ...??

8. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

47,643 Messages
    48,355 Likes Received
    I "think" the Cowboys will Franchise Dak again in 2021 if they don't reach an agreement for a new contract.

Arkyvarminter likes this.
  9. phildadon86

phildadon86 Well-Known Member

10,106 Messages
    13,936 Likes Received
    So his 1-6 record right? What about his 40-24 record as a starter? Or is it only a Quarterback stat when it backs up your claims?

rocyaice likes this.
  10. Cowboysheelsreds053

Cowboysheelsreds053 Well-Known Member

9,792 Messages
    6,909 Likes Received
    Out of his 64 games, there would need to break down of wins against winning teams and against below 500 teams but I see what some are doing with the 1-6 record against winning teams this past season.

11. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

35,482 Messages
    28,778 Likes Received
    They like to exclude his rookie season and highlight his 2019........

12. JBS

JBS Well-Known Member

14,791 Messages
    8,875 Likes Received
    Definitely possible. But there are some other factors that may be involved. If the cap stays put or drops? That makes it very hard to do.

13. khiladi

26,921 Messages
    19,800 Likes Received

This is the guy people say has been playing underpaid for FOUR YEARS.

https://www.espn.com/blog/dallas/co...-shows-just-how-special-his-rookie-season-was

14. khiladi

26,921 Messages
    19,800 Likes Received
    I especially love how they blamed him forcing the ball to Dez as the reason for his lack of success, so they came with the Dak-friendly offense in year 3. And yet here we are, saying Dak played underpaid for four years. Then they had to go get Cooper, after drafting Gallup and now they’ve went ahead and gotten Cee Dee Lamb.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...at-Dak-friendly-offense-looks-like-114783670/

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...the-league-necessarily-needs-a-no-1-receiver/

https://insidethestar.com/cowboys-qb-dak-prescott-embraces-lack-of-no-1-wide-receiver/

https://larrybrownsports.com/football/dak-prescott-not-force-passes-dez-bryant/322730

15. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

8,409 Messages
    5,611 Likes Received
    I don't have Dak ahead of Stafford because I think Stafford has considerably more arm talent and neither QB has shown capability to lead their teams deep into playoffs.

Cowboysheelsreds053 likes this.
  16. PAPPYDOG

PAPPYDOG "It was a catchable pass" Zone Supporter

8,850 Messages
    12,841 Likes Received
    I have serious fears for our defense this year as all our cap has gone into supporting Mr.Needs to be carried Prescott!
    No formidable replacement at RDE and CB and our LB are 1 injury away from average.
    Pampered Dak but in reality the Cowboy anti-christ 666.....
    Stafford would be a major upgrade.

17. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

51,627 Messages
    48,967 Likes Received

I agree..

18. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

17,880 Messages
    15,929 Likes Received
    Stafford would serve as a bridge player til we develop our COLLEGE guy. I would be on board with that. Its Daks fault we are even having this discussion. He created this uncertainty. JERRY wont likely bend.

19. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

17,880 Messages
    15,929 Likes Received
    Stafford has about 2 great years left in him. Barring injury. So he would be a short term fix. On a 1 year deal in 2021, I would do that.

20. jay94

jay94 Well-Known Member

1,450 Messages
    891 Likes Received

I actually like this, if Dak has a great season he's gonna want 40 mil. He's good, but he's not worth destroying the cap. I honestly think Stafford is underrated.

Rayman70 likes this.