QBs drafted in first round between 2009-2016

phildadon86

Reaction score
They seem to have done WAY better the last 4 years

QBs drafted in the 1st round from 2017-2020

2017: Patrick Mahomes....Best QB in the NFL?
2017: Deshawn Watson....4 years, 3 Pro Bowls.... stud
2017: Mitch Trubisky. 1 Pro Bowl, but honestly, not a good starter
2018: Lamar Jackson....NFL MVP 2019, All Pro
2018: Baker Mayfield...solid NFL starter
2018: Sam Darnold...NFL starter, but still tbd
2018: Josh Rosen.....backup
2019: Josh Allen....top 4 QB in 2020..2nd team All Pro
2019: Kyler Murray....good starter with upside
2019: Daniel Jones...NFL starter with upside
2019: Dwayne Haskins....backup
2020: Joe Burrow....NFL starter and possible future star
2020: Justin Herbert....NFL starter and possible future star
2020: Tua Tagovailoa....NFL starter, but more uncertain...tbd
2020: Jordan Love.....no idea because he's behind Aaron Rodgers

So 15 drafted
12 starters....8 good or great....4 starting but need to show more
3 backups....2 are flops so far, 1 has not had a chance yet after 1 year
Not the way I see it. Darnold is on his way out in NY. Jones isn’t really starter material IMO and all he does is run well. He fumbles the ball. A LOT. Trubisky? Garbage. Haskins may be out of the league. Tua didn’t look NFL ready at all and I suspect will be out of the league after his rookie deal is done. Josh Rosen. Backup. Jordan love wasn’t very good in college so I’m not expecting much.
8 out of 15 looks better but it’s still not a guarantee like some on here are saying.

and to top that off. Remember who’s doing the drafting

phildadon86

Reaction score
Brady skews the numbers; a one off. Trying to use that to defend not taking first rd QBs is just as stupid as the post talking about 2009-2016 and then ignoring the last 4 years.

Instead look at all the starting QBs in the SB the last 20 years that is a much more balanced look.
That’s already been done. And many of them weren’t first round picks. The reason I left out the last 4 years is because it had already been done on here. So relax with the “stupid” comments

KB1122

Reaction score
One thing people don't recognize: there's been a considerable change in how quarterbacks play, from dropback to dual-option. That first group of dual-option quarterbacks were being coached by classic dropback coordinators.

The other trend that was going on was some really bad trends toward dink and dunk offense by control-freak coordinators. Sam Bradford's year of completing 75 percent of his passes comes to mind.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not the way I see it. Darnold is on his way out in NY. Jones isn’t really starter material IMO and all he does is run well. He fumbles the ball. A LOT. Trubisky? Garbage. Haskins may be out of the league. Tua didn’t look NFL ready at all and I suspect will be out of the league after his rookie deal is done. Josh Rosen. Backup. Jordan love wasn’t very good in college so I’m not expecting much.
8 out of 15 looks better but it’s still not a guarantee like some on here are saying.

and to top that off. Remember who’s doing the drafting
most of that true TUA will be aolsid starter..sorry he showed enough flashes he will be at best Murray.. hes not destined for failure..maybe overhyped bit but he will make it..