QB's not named Prescott

Latin1

Reaction score
Just remember that in order to trade him, you have to tag him again. and while you wait to find bidders, he sucks up $38M worth of cap room, restricting who you can add in free agency.

But if the plan is to franchise him again next year, then they are going to pay the same price regardless. The only difference is they change one word "exclusive" to "non exclusive" and then see what happens. I thunk McCarthy thinks he can do better with Andy Dalton for the next few years than with Dak. McCarthy has also seen what happens to young QB's when they sit for 1-2 years on the bench and learn. This is a team that will need to replace Travis Fredrick and Tyron Smith in the next 2 years, have a massive need at safety and CB and possibly a declining Elliott (who they have a very good young back already on the roster in Tony Pollard) so if they add draft picks (if someone is willing to trade with them) they can address some if not all those needs. It doesn't need t be two first rounds picks, they might ask a 1st and a 3rd. We never know what is going on behind the scenes and I just threw this out as a possible tactic on how they can accumulate more talent through acquiring more draft picks for a player who does not seem to want to be or is not wanted in Dallas for whatever reason.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Possibility the Cowboys Non Exclusive Franchise tag Prescott next year, hoping that someone will take him away for 2 first round draft picks. I think there will always be a chance the Cowboys try to trade him outright but then they can dangle a little bait for a team that is needy for a QB. Replacing him with.....I like Tanner Morgan, stands strong in the pocket and throws a pretty and accurate ball, if he declares.
Yep Tanner Morgan is the guy I want if Dak isn't here. He is very underrated and might turn out to be the best QB in the draft next year.

Yes that includes Lawrence, I think he is a good QB but he wasn't even the best QB in the ACC last year.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
But if the plan is to franchise him again next year, then they are going to pay the same price regardless. The only difference is they change one word "exclusive" to "non exclusive" and then see what happens. I thunk McCarthy thinks he can do better with Andy Dalton for the next few years than with Dak. McCarthy has also seen what happens to young QB's when they sit for 1-2 years on the bench and learn. This is a team that will need to replace Travis Fredrick and Tyron Smith in the next 2 years, have a massive need at safety and CB and possibly a declining Elliott (who they have a very good young back already on the roster in Tony Pollard) so if they add draft picks (if someone is willing to trade with them) they can address some if not all those needs. It doesn't need t be two first rounds picks, they might ask a 1st and a 3rd. We never know what is going on behind the scenes and I just threw this out as a possible tactic on how they can accumulate more talent through acquiring more draft picks for a player who does not seem to want to be or is not wanted in Dallas for whatever reason.
Cowboys already have replacements for Frederick and Tyron. They drafted Biadasz for center and Connor Williams is better suited at LT

Latin1

Reaction score
Gutsy kid but I don't love his tools. Not sure he can make all the NFL throws.

I think Tanner Morgan can make all the throws, just watching the tape on him, he's got a pretty ball with enough velocity. He doesn't have the strongest arm, but he seems to make really good decisions (majority of the time), got a high percentage of accuracy, hangs in there in the pocket (something I really love about him), can scramble, does get into a gunslinger mentality (sometimes) and forces really tight throws that he won't get away with in the NFL but the most important thing I really love about him is, he never lets his team give up. I don't know exactly how many times his team has responded from being down, but he has led a few comebacks from some deep holes. Those are the intangibles that people look for.

Latin1

Reaction score
Cowboys already have replacements for Frederick and Tyron. They drafted Biadasz for center and Connor Williams is better suited at LT

If they work out, I'd like to think they do but if they don't for whatever reason (injuries, not talented enough, etc) they need to find those replacements. Until proven, and no one has proven capable of replacing them yet, I still look at it as an area of need. If Williams keeps getting stronger (I think he came into the league just not muscularly strong) then yes I think he'd be a great option.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
If they work out, I'd like to think they do but if they don't for whatever reason (injuries, not talented enough, etc) they need to find those replacements. Until proven, and no one has proven capable of replacing them yet, I still look at it as an area of need. If Williams keeps getting stronger (I think he came into the league just not muscularly strong) then yes I think he'd be a great option.
That is the same for any player, until they are proven then they are not proven.......

Williams is proven and gets bagged on but film shows otherwise. He has elite feet and the best while moving, he isn't a guard and gets overpowered at times with bull rushes. However, he has had 3 games against Aaron Donald and hasn't given up a sack. Not saying he is better then Donald but why do you think he played better against Donald then say a Fletcher Cox?

No need to draft LT and center when there replacements are already on the team. Once they become the starter at said position and struggle, then yes I would agree you go looking to upgrade.