Quality interior DT rushers just litter the playoff rosters

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
#4 is the exact reason stats don’t matter. He has almost no impact on games, end of story
Relative to the rest of the league, he absolutely does.

This is the type of conversation I hate. Nobody is watching 15 games a week. Tell me all the DTs who are impacting games in a way that Collins doesn't.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
TENN: Jurrell Casey, one of the best.
KC: Chris Jones, one of the best
SF: DeForest Buckner, one of the best
GB: Kenny Clark, one of the best

And the rest of their rosters are just full of quality DT's/3-4 DE's. It's just so hard to stop opposing QB's w/o interior pocket push. Our JAG's are not getting the job done. Fix it, Jerry.
I'm sure its just a coincidence .... but it seems to happen every year.:huh:

BoysForLife

Reaction score

And the rest of their rosters are just full of quality DT's/3-4 DE's. It's just so hard to stop opposing QB's w/o interior pocket push. Our JAG's are not getting the job done. Fix it, Jerry.

I wish you would have thought of this years ago..... :laugh:

Just kidding K, you are spot on and I agree with you on this one.
have since day 1

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Maryland wasn't that great. A top overall draft pick only made 1 Pro Bowl.

Yes but that early to mid 90's Cowboys defense was grossly underrated.
they had the #1 ranked defense in 1992 (the first of the Jimmy era Super bowls) and not one single player from the Cowboys defense made the Pro Bowl.
Not Even Haley.

How mind boggling is that to think that the #1 defense in the entire league didn't have a Pro Bowler???

To your point, I'm not saying Russell was an all time great but I think he was a very solid interior DT and would be a massive upgrade over anyone currently on our roster. JMHO

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score

This is the type of conversation I hate. Nobody is watching 15 games a week. Tell me all the DTs who are impacting games in a way that Collins doesn't.
None of our DTs impact any of the games. They could do away with all of them cause they are all JAGs Collins included.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
None of our DTs impact any of the games. They could do away with all of them cause they are all JAGs Collins included.
But you can't list all of the DTs around the league who DO impact games.

Collins lived in the backfield all season. To say that he didn't impact any games is absurd. You can't watch this team and think that, especially if you compare him to other players around the league.

kskboys

Reaction score

No problem.

Jurrell Casey
Aaron Donald
Fletcher Cox
Geno Atkins
Grady Jarrett
Deforest Buckner
Sheldon Rankins
Jarran Reed
Malik Jackson
Kawaan Short

And then there's some 3-4 DE's, which is close, and often the same:

Chris Jones
JJ Watt
Cameron Heyward
Mike Daniels
Mike Brockers
Leonard Williams
Jonathon Allen

Collins is a decent rotational player.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
No problem.

Jurrell Casey
Aaron Donald
Fletcher Cox
Geno Atkins
Grady Jarrett
Deforest Buckner
Sheldon Rankins
Jarran Reed
Malik Jackson
Kawaan Short

And then there's some 3-4 DE's, which is close, and often the same:

Chris Jones
JJ Watt
Cameron Heyward
Mike Daniels
Mike Brockers
Leonard Williams
Jonathon Allen

Collins is a decent rotational player.
LMAO at more than half of this list. This is what I mean when I say that people have no idea about what is going on around the league. This is just an arbitrary list of names that are a mix of the 5-6 best DTs in the league, and a bunch of guys who aren't disruptive.

JJ Watt plays the edge in the nickel. Malik Jackson played 32 snaps and only had 3.5 sacks last year. Kawaan Short is 30, played 2 games this year, and only has 3 sacks in his last 16 games. Mike Daniels has only played 19 games in 2 years and only has 3 sacks in that time. I could keep going. This list is just total nonsense, there's 0 rationale behind it. Madden ratings maybe?

kskboys

Reaction score
LMAO at more than half of this list. This is what I mean when I say that people have no idea about what is going on around the league. This is just an arbitrary list of names that are a mix of the 5-6 best DTs in the league, and a bunch of guys who aren't disruptive.

JJ Watt plays the edge in the nickel. Malik Jackson played 32 snaps and only had 3.5 sacks last year. Kawaan Short is 30, played 2 games this year, and only has 3 sacks in his last 16 games. Mike Daniels has only played 19 games in 2 years and only has 3 sacks in that time. I could keep going. This list is just total nonsense, there's 0 rationale behind it. Madden ratings maybe?
If you're laughing at this list, it means you have no idea what you're talking about. Might want to rethink how you communicate. Like maybe a discussion type response instead of this hysterical spewing you're screaming out.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
If you're laughing at this list, it means you have no idea what you're talking about. Might want to rethink how you communicate. Like maybe a discussion type response instead of this hysterical spewing you're screaming out.
It's not hysterical. You said those players were more disruptive...some didn't play this year, several aren't, one plays defensive end, and then some are obviously better players than Collins and get paid as such. It's a bad list idk what you want me to tell you.

I gave a discussion type response - which is the fact that Collins has an excellent pass rush win rate - but you don't want to hear that.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. Remember when we had Russell Maryland. Leon lett, chad henning and Tony Castilla. Even Tampa bay had not only Warren sapp but a first round pick in booger McFarland. So lame how all the sudden dts don’t matter for our team

Maryland, Lett, Hennings an Casillas would have just been average or worse with the 2019 Cowboys Coaching Staff...

It's not all Marinelli's fault either. The lack of a strong Head Coach was the top problem.

kskboys

Reaction score
It's not hysterical. You said those players were more disruptive...some didn't play this year, several aren't, one plays defensive end, and then some are obviously better players than Collins and get paid as such. It's a bad list idk what you want me to tell you.

I gave a discussion type response - which is the fact that Collins has an excellent pass rush win rate - but you don't want to hear that.
So, it's impossible for you to converse w/o insulting people? Very strange.

It's a great list, not even done by me. Done by the experts. You didn't ask who was better this year, you just asked who was better. The list is valid.

Your last sentence: It's like you're arguing w/ someone else. I like Collins. He's a decent player who provides some disruption. I've never said anything else. This is where the hysteria clicks on you for some reason. You asked who was better than Collins, I told you some guys. So, then you accuse me of stuff I'm not even in the realm of thinking.

Are you, perchance, like really young?

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
But you can't list all of the DTs around the league who DO impact games.

Collins lived in the backfield all season. To say that he didn't impact any games is absurd. You can't watch this team and think that, especially if you compare him to other players around the league.

LOL!!! 4 Sacks and 2 tackles for a loss and he lived in the backfield all season? LOL!!!

Verdict

Reaction score

I’ll have you know that littering is a fineable offense.

Verdict

Reaction score
You know, it’s funny about that. It’s a good TRAIT to have, but it shouldn’t be the foundation and primary measurable for your entire scheme.

I laugh, though, when people suggest Marinelli is a “bum.” He’s a damn good coach, but he’s antiquated and reluctant to adapt. His way worked in the past, but you must evolve. The Flex Defense was better than anything Marinelli ever dreamed of, but you don’t see anyone running The Flex anymore.
Wouldnt that make him a bad coach or a bum?

Verdict

Reaction score
Im really interested to seeing how they approach this FA. They have a ton of cap space and cane make almost 20mil more by releasing Crawford, declinging Flemings option and redoing Tyron's deal. He only has a little more than 5mil in guaranteed money remaining. They can lower his cap hits alot. This is what i get irritated about with fans not knowing the structure of the way dallas does its deals. Low signing bonus but Guaranteeing base salries early in the deal. This tyron deal was 100mil and it has never hurt Dallas. Same will be with Elliots as he will still be on his rookie deal base salary in 2020, with 2021 being the first yr of his extension. And they can cut him after 2021 if they want with minimal deal money. Same with Jaylons deal. Dallas has really manipulated this cap.

Im not sure I would call what we have a ton of cap space.

FanSince71

Reaction score
Wouldnt that make him a bad coach or a bum?

I don’t think so at all. To me, it makes him a good old-school coach that let the game pass him by. The same has happened to many over the years.

I’m also not suggesting you’re wrong if “Marinelli is a bum” is what you believe. Opinions vary.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I'm hoping that philosophy drastically changes in the offseason.

I was listening to Hangin' with the Boys earlier and Nate kept talking about how Nolan loves his "fat boys in the middle".

I hope they find some good ones for a change.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

LOL...another post that doesn't account for the fact that the NFL is a Cap league!
Ok, Ksk, after paying Coop, Dak, Byron, (and are we keeping Quinn?) and having the most expensive offlines in the NFL, can you please tell us how we are going to upgrade our defensive line?
Now come back with the Draft response which if it happens will need at least 2-3 years for that rook to develop to a stud def lineman.
Ok, crazy time is over back to reality folks.....