Quarterback Poll: Would you want Brett Favre as the starter in Dallas?

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
AT this point in Favres carreer, he would not be that big of an upgrade over Bledsoe. 29 int is STILL 29 int no matter how bad your team is.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I am getting tired of having to accept hired guns.

I want a QB who is a real homegrown Cowboy.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Brett needs to just slink away back to Mississippi, never to be heard of again!

He's making a fool of himself and the Packer organization with all this drama! :starspin

gbrittain

Reaction score
Nope...do not want someone else's rejects or geriatric QBs.

Time for Dallas to field their own homegrown QB that other teams wish they had.

OOTF

Reaction score
Favre good years are far behind him. Bledsoe is a much better QB now.
And, besides, Parcells is not dumping Bledsoe. Not happening

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I choose the option Samuel L. Jackson would be apt to prefer

hell motherf*BLEEP*ing no, mother*BLEEP*

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
DREW BLEDSOE

6-5
40 Yard Dash:: 5.10

Strengths::
Has a strong, accurate arm, makes good decisions. He can dominate if he has good blocking.

Weakness::
Doesn't make good decisions under pressure, close to the end of the season he statistics goes low, he legs are bad, and he has no presence of mobility.

Brett Farve

6-3
40 Yard Dash:: 4.7

Strengths:: Has a strong arm, has mobility, is very accurate, good vision, and has a fast release of the ball.

Weakness:: He can break down when there is no valueable runningback around him, can make bad decision from getting the ball off fast, and start out late in games..

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
why would the Boys want him? So he could hold JJ and BP hostage until he feels like playing again? He's done, washed up, finished, used goods, etc.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
The only reason Favre is even considering coming back is to try and catch Marino's all time records, especially the yardage one. He can claim he wants to be on a good team and win all he likes, but the facts speak for themselves. He's been to 2 superbowls, has his ring, and has established himself as an all time great. Green Bay needs to just cut him and move on.

This is ridiculous even discussing him coming here. And anybody who thinks that JJ would screw Bledsoe (and parcells for that matter) over to sign Favre is just plain ********. Drew is younger and by far the better QB at this point in time. JJ is going to cut Bledsoe and take a enormous cap hit? Then sign Favre for ridiculous money?...don't think so...

If Favre still really wants to play, let it be for the ravens or some other pretender....we have our qb for the time being and will likely draft another this year or next to be the QB of the future if Henstud isn't the answer (which I already know he's not anyway). ;)

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
HowAboutThemCowboys said:
AT this point in Favres carreer, he would not be that big of an upgrade over Bledsoe. 29 int is STILL 29 int no matter how bad your team is.

He wouldn't be an upgrade period, not even close.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the biggest "non-topic" I've ever seen.

The writer who even dared to suggest the possibility is a clueless moron who should be fired immediately.

There is a better probability of Roger Staubach returning to quarterback the Cowboys than there is of Favre coming to Dallas.

There is no chance of this possibly happening. None. Zip. Zero. Nada.

To even suggest it is ridiculous!
:lmao2:

dcboy

Reaction score
I can't think of a way to describe how much I DO NOT WANT FAVRE, without using language that is banned on this board!!!!!!! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
After Aikman and up to 2 years ago, I'd say yes. I greatly prefer him to Q, Hutch, Vinny, Leaf, Stoerner, Wright, and even Bledsoe.

This year, no unless it was his 3rd or 4th year here already. I say this and I still consider him one of the 10 best in the game right now. I don't want to keep starting over at QB. Eventually I want to move on to Aikman's long term successor. I still believe that will be Henson.

1Ware1

Reaction score
Farve would get us an 8-8 record this year,and all of us that went to the home games would be upset.I think Favre's record in Irving is like 1-8 or something rediculous like that,He just can figure the crown out on our beloved field.The guy couln't win here when he was stellar,why would he win now?

KingTuna

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
My Answer is yes

Favre would be a downgrade from Bledsoe.

Calm down....

QB is the least of our concerns..... O-line/OLB and FS should be your worries.

Reaction score
Absolutely no way this has any chance of happening, but just for the sake of argument:

Bledsoe has far, far, far more fire in the belly at this point in his career. Whatever you think about Bledsoe you have to believe he is desperate for a ring. You don't have to watch every Packer game to notice the way Favre has just been giving up and conceding defeat for the last several years. He just chucks it up there, whatever, willy-nilly -- "oops, another interception, guess we lose again". No thanks.

I personally don't think Favre has ever been more than slightly better than Bledsoe anyway. He is far more mobile and that does matter, but not as much as some believe. We all know that scrambling QB's almost never win the SB. Accuracy - Bledsoe, strength - draw (but Bledsoe more accurate on long passes), decision-making - Bledsoe (lately, anyway), leadership - tough to say but I would guess the people on these message boards aren't the only ones who think Favre is acting like a jerk right now. And, Bledsoe knows the Parcells system inside out.

Silly, silly assertation, really.