Question about the game

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
I didn't get to see anything :( did the team come out fired up? or where they flat. I realize it's pre-season and their will be growing pains with the young guys ,however I hope there was no "here we go again" in the minds of some of the players. That was one of my big complaints about BP last year, he didn't seem to have them ready to play on several occasions. Let's not hope that trend continues this year ;)

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
diehard2231 said:
I didn't get to see anything :( did the team come out fired up? or where they flat. I realize it's pre-season and their will be growing pains with the young guys ,however I hope there was no "here we go again" in the minds of some of the players. That was one of my big complaints about BP last year, he didn't seem to have them ready to play on several occasions. Let's not hope that trend continues this year ;)

The biggest part of the game was that we did infact come out flat whereas AZ played the first quarter as if it were their SB. We were'nt sharp and we commited many mental mistakes and silly penalties the last of which cost us the game.

lspain1

Reaction score
It is safe to say, our first team (particularly on offense) was flat.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
lspain1 said:
It is safe to say, our first team (particularly on offense) was flat.
well that scares me,because I feel Allen and Flozell are 2 players that may say to themselves" here we go again" :(

lspain1

Reaction score
diehard2231 said:
well that scares me,because I feel Allen and Flozell are 2 players that may say to themselves" here we go again" :(

Well, that might be a legitimate concern but remember it is the first pre-season game. Without excusing the behavior, what exactly did Larry and Flo have to prove last night? The Cards played like they had something to prove, and I suspect they had a bit of a chip on their shoulder from past games where Cowboys fans outnumber Cards fans. Warner looked sharp and we did not get a lot of pressure. So, the offense was playing uphill pretty much the whole first quarter and into the second.

I believe the concerns at RT were shown to be at least partially legit last night. Will Rogers be able to play? Can Petitti step up? We saw Tucker at his worst. Sparano and Parcells have their work cut out for them. One interesting comment I saw was that poor play at the RT position will impact our TE's ability to release into pass routes. If this is true, then Witten's impact will be reduced and that would be a real shame.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Flat like a....

pancake.jpg

....particularly the offensive line...

Also, from everything that I've seen of Bledsoe, he's not the kind of QB who's going to kick some butt...in fact, his game has always been unemotional...he doesn't have a lot of spark.

Oh how this team misses a guy like Michael Irvin.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Floz and Allen played well, the sack that Floz gave up was more of the fault of Bledsoe...Floz pushed Berry outside and Bledsoe stepped up and Berry recovered inside to make the hit...Bledsoe pretty much ran into Berry's path.

No movement along the whole line on running plays...JJ had no where to go.

lspain1

Reaction score
diehard2231 said:
everything,how about setting examples for the younger players. It's there job to go out and play hard :)

Yes...Yes....Yes....but in pre-season I'm not sure it always happens. I won't defend them. They could and should have played better. I'm not saying they were awful, but they definitely didn't have the "snap" that the Cards had. Let's see what happens next week.

DaBoyz73

Reaction score
lspain1 said:
Yes...Yes....Yes....but in pre-season I'm not sure it always happens. I won't defend them. They could and should have played better. I'm not saying they were awful, but they definitely didn't have the "snap" that the Cards had. Let's see what happens next week.

Your statement is not true. Tell the story like it is. The team looked awful. There was no spark from the first team offense. Romo looked pretty good. RT is a major concern. I think that Parcells should have signed a actual RT in the off season. Tucker should not be allowed back on the field. A player can not hurt his team anymore than the way that Tucker played last night. I can't believe that Parcells would even let him back in the game after he had two calls against him back to back. One positive that I saw was Thompson, which I hope that Parcells does not let him go the PS. We need Thompson on the 53 man squad. Overall the team played flat, maybe there will be a difference in the next pre season game. I HOPE!
:(

lspain1

Reaction score
DaBoyz73 said:
Your statement is not true. Tell the story like it is. The team looked awful. There was no spark from the first team offense. Romo looked pretty good. RT is a major concern. I think that Parcells should have signed a actual RT in the off season. Tucker should not be allowed back on the field. A player can not hurt his team anymore than the way that Tucker played last night. I can't believe that Parcells would even let him back in the game after he had two calls against him back to back. One positive that I saw was Thompson, which I hope that Parcells does not let him go the PS. We need Thompson on the 53 man squad. Overall the team played flat, maybe there will be a difference in the next pre season game. I HOPE!
:(

I was really only taliking about the left side of the Cowboys line with my comments.....just LA and Flo. You are correct about the right side, and the first team O being flat. I stated that earlier as well.