Question for LVE fans

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Main issue with LVE is lack of experience and his pad level.

Because he gets a bit too tall he provides a lot of blockable surface area.
He was not a good blitzer at all for the same reason.

I think day 1 he's the SAM but he has starting Mike potential. He's a great athlete and he's very physical.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
I don’t know about taking on blocks, but in this video, he sure knows how to avoid them and make plays. I’m all in as he can play the middle and be a great backup/future for Lee.
I didn't know who this guy was but after watching that video, I hope Dallas takes this kid if he is there. He would be a starter for Dallas from day 1.

MrMom

Reaction score
Main issue with LVE is lack of experience and his pad level.

Because he gets a bit too tall he provides a lot of blockable surface area.
He was not a good blitzer at all for the same reason.

I think day 1 he's the SAM but he has starting Mike potential. He's a great athlete and he's very physical.
I didn’t see him in coverage much either. To me there’s a lot of projection with his game. I think Evans is the much safer option if they do decide to go LB in round one.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I didn’t see him in coverage much either. To me there’s a lot of projection with his game. I think Evans is the much safer option if they do decide to go LB in round one.
LVE has great potential but he has next to no experience as you note.
Evans to me was just solid on tape. I don't see a top 20 guy. He was often the 2nd backer to the ball for Bama. But he's a good, physical player. Consistent.
I don't think either guy walks in the door better than Jaylon Smith but both could get to where Jaylon was last year pretty quick.
In short I don't wanna reach. I like LB prospects in round 3-7. I don't have to have any at 19 but I'd sure love if TE fell some and I could snag him with a small trade up.

OR maybe ideally I trade down to 26 or so and select which of LVE/Evans/Hernandez/Hurst/Payne are left.

timb2

Reaction score
My main concern with him........one year as a starter. My question(s)

* Do you see him as a day-one starter (ILBer)

* Are you concern about his lack of experience ( similar to Jaylon Smith )

* Do you see him as an UPGRADE over Jaylon

Just so you know, I'm completely on the fence with this kid. A lot to love about him but he scares the hell out of me. Imagine if the success of this pick impacts your job.

He has some skills to be a very good LB. He does remind me of Brian Urlacher.He is high cut like him, and plays hard and smart. He is not Bobby Carpenter like some try to say here on this board. Carpenter could not flip his hips or move sideways. LVE can if you watch his youtubes.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
This thread is proof some of the posters around here worry too much about things that people way smarter than them have done. Drafting LVE as the 19th over all pick was a homerun for the Cowboys, folks.