Question for Reality or the Mods

doomsday_II

Reaction score
Has anyone brought up the possibilty of using a RSS feed (live bookmarks) for this site. I'm not sure it is even possible not knowing much about the software, but the sites which I frequent that has RSS feeds are very cool.

I use Firefox browser and when a site has an RSS feed their is a little orange button that lights up in the bottom right of the browser. Just click on the button and it's asks you if you want add a live bookmark. Then you bookmark it like any other favorite page. For those who don't know what a RSS feed does, is you click on your Bookmarks and go to live bookmark(which looks like a regular bookmark except it is expanded) and it shows a dropdown list of all the latest headlines, but in this case it would be posts. I've also seen RSS feeds used in comment sections of news sites so you could see all the latest comments of interest for a really hot topic. A RSS feed would be really good for people who view this site at work that it might not be in their best interest for bossman to see. At least cut down on the chances.

Anybody else have a view on this?

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
doomsday_II said:
Has anyone brought up the possibilty of using a RSS feed (live bookmarks) for this site. I'm not sure it is even possible not knowing much about the software, but the sites which I frequent that has RSS feeds are very cool.

I use Firefox browser and when a site has an RSS feed their is a little orange button that lights up in the bottom right of the browser. Just click on the button and it's asks you if you want add a live bookmark. Then you bookmark it like any other favorite page. For those who don't know what a RSS feed does, is you click on your Bookmarks and go to live bookmark(which looks like a regular bookmark except it is expanded) and it shows a dropdown list of all the latest headlines, but in this case it would be posts. I've also seen RSS feeds used in comment sections of news sites so you could see all the latest comments of interest for a really hot topic. A RSS feed would be really good for people who view this site at work that it might not be in their best interest for bossman to see. At least cut down on the chances.

Anybody else have a view on this?

That sounds like something for Reality to look over.

I do not use that function at home (I use firefox at home)....however at work I use Opera and like it's tab function a tad better compared to Mozilla.

doomsday_II

Reaction score
Sorry, I should of put it in the support zone. My bad.

On further review, opera and firefox do support RSS. IE requires a plug in. Just in case Reality is interested I will test out some plugins to see if they are worth it for IE since most people still use this security black hole of a browser.