Question to cowboy fans, did Zorn give Commanders tuesday and wednesday off?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
i was just wondering, I know the Commanders played a monday night game, and probably will get today off, but did zorn give the Commander players Wednesday off too? Was just wondering, or is zorn at least having the players in to look at film for today or wednesday?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Doesn't all the teams give players Tuesday off? I thought Tuesday was the NFL accepted players day off anyway?

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
hardcorebob;2399549 said:
Who friggin cares what the Commanders do! Jees!

Well considering we're going into a very similar situation (bye week, we play each other after the bye, and both coming off a loss going into the bye) I am curious what Zorn does just for simple sake of comparison.

I have much more respect for Zorn as a coach than I do Wade, and I dont think Wade giving his players time off is the right approach.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
well i was just thinking, at least the cowboys could have come in and viewed film, etc, to me, what wade is going to do is go over all of the season, showing what you did wrong and didnt do well, if you did that wednesday, then you could work on practicing thursday and friday, this teams needs real hard work on fundamentals, routes, techniques,

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfceast/0-5-25/Commanders--offense-had-no-answers-for-Steelers.html
The Commanders and Cowboys will share a bye week before meeting at FedEx Field for a Sunday night showdown in two weeks. Like the Cowboys, the Commanders desperately need the bye so key players can get healthy. Washington is hoping Jason Taylor and Shawn Springs will be able to return against the Cowboys. And it should also give receiver Santana Moss and Portis opportunities to recover from lingering injuries.

Zorn said he's taking a page out of his old boss Mike Holmgren's playbook and instructing players to get away from football from Wednesday through Sunday. Holmgren has won over coaches and players alike by telling them to get lost for a few days -- and it's something Zorn wants to duplicate.

"It revitalizes you," said Zorn, as if he were sending players off to spa treatments. "There's such a commitment. We need to take some time and just relax."

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2399569 said:
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfceast/0-5-25/Commanders--offense-had-no-answers-for-Steelers.html

5 days, now that's just crazy. And it sounded like he gave coaches off too, I don't think Wade gave coaches off.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Zorn said he's taking a page out of his old boss Mike Holmgren's playbook and instructing players to get away from football from Wednesday through Sunday. Holmgren has won over coaches and players alike by telling them to get lost for a few days -- and it's something Zorn wants to duplicate.

"It revitalizes you," said Zorn, as if he were sending players off to spa treatments. "There's such a commitment. We need to take some time and just relax."

ZOMG!!!1!1!

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
thanks woodys girl, wow 5 days off, then maybe im wrong about having cowboys coming in wednesday;

when i am wrong i admit it,

thanks for clarifying,

back to the drawing board,

cowboyblue31

Reaction score
I think some people on this board need to get away for a week also.

I hate to see my team struggle as much as you do, but in the end it's just a game and it has no effect on any of our personal lives.

Now GO VOTE!!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Gosh Zorn is giving them 5 days off and Mike H. does that, and has done that during his career, as well.

Good lord what soft, horrible, football coaches these men are.

That was sarcasm for the over-reaction crowd, btw. I'm not trying to make Wade out to be any great shakes as a coach.

arync

Reaction score
the skins are off until next monday. I live in DC and it was on the radio this morning.

stiletto

Reaction score
The Commanders have earned some time off. They played WELL above expectations in the first half. We have played WELL below expectations. Why should this team get the same benefits of successful teams? They don't freakin' deserve it. Sorry.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Why in the blue hell is this relevant to anything? Anythig remotely related to a humanoid? Sasquatch or 'Ol Nessy? Good Lord.

Smith22

Reaction score
stiletto;2399799 said:
The Commanders have earned some time off. They played WELL above expectations in the first half. We have played WELL below expectations. Why should this team get the same benefits of successful teams? They don't freakin' deserve it. Sorry.

They started on the Steelers 30 or so the first 2 drives and they managed ZERO 1st downs and 2 FG's.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2399569 said:

Great! Now I really can't wait for the showdown between our beloved Dallas Cupcakes and the hated Washington Ho-Hos :rolleyes:

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Yah well when you're 6-3 and aren't 1-4 in your last 5 games and played on Monday night it's more acceptable. That team is overachieving and deserves a reward. It's camp cupcake here all year round regardless win or lose.

I also don't care if we are 1 game behind them. They beat us in our home turf and now we have togo to theirs. Yes we have injured players that have been rehabbing for weeksnow. For guys like Flo and Witten, rest them, they've been around and know their roles. Get him healthy.

But Romo, Kosier, Felix, Newman, these guys need reps, I'm wrried there might be some rust there. Romo needs to get in sync with Roy Williams. Heck, I bet if you ask T.O some practice with Romo wouldn't hurt him either.

My biggest worry is that they will practice for 1 week out of these 2. I guess that means no new wrinkles on offense or defense to learn. I am hoping the coaches are using this time to develop better schemes and wrinkles to make both sides more effective. We have been downright predictable and inefficient on both sides for weeks now.