Question to Moderators, anyone know why when i reply the quote is being taken in repl

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2706762 said:
i have live one care as antivirus protection and it wont let me run firefox

Ditch it....go with Firefox and Avast and your troubles are over and they are FREE

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2706762 said:
i have live one care as antivirus protection and it wont let me run firefox

Reality;2706763 said:
Do you have the "Quote message in reply?" box checked below the quick reply box?

Hostile;2706768 said:
That has to be it.

Ok at the bottom of the right
There is a Quote box, then a box with “ (quotes sign) with a plus sign or minus sign, then a quck reply box

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2706778 said:
Ok at the bottom of the right
There is a Quote box, then a box with “ (quotes sign) with a plus sign or minus sign, then a quck reply box

the box in the middle at the bottom to the right, has a " with a plus sign or negative sign,

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2706782 said:
the box in the middle at the bottom to the right, has a " with a plus sign or negative sign,
Not those. When you hit Quick Reply it opens a box below for you to type in your response.

Below that box on the left is a box marked Quote messages in reply? If there is a check mark in that box the message you hit the quick reply button in will be quoted. If there is no check mark, it won't quote that post.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Hostile;2706786 said:
Not those. When you hit Quick Reply it opens a box below for you to type in your response.

Below that box on the left is a box marked Quote messages in reply? If there is a check mark in that box the message you hit the quick reply button in will be quoted. If there is no check mark, it won't quote that post.

its not there Hostile, when i click on quick reply, it brings up the box to type in, but it has at top of the box Title to post a title, then below that, the message box

below the message box post icons;

below that Miscellaneous Options
Show your signature
Automatically parse links in text
Disable smilies in text
Thread SubscriptionNotification Type:
Do not subscribe No email notification Instant email notification Daily email notification Weekly email notification

then it has all the messages i replied to

then below thatPosting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vB code is On
Smilies are On
code is On
HTML code is Off

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
i found what your saying Hostile, but the box doesnt have a check mark in it

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Options
Show your signatureQuote message in reply?

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. © 2004-2007 CowboysZone.com

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2706795 said:

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Options

only my signature is checked Hostile, but the quote message is grayed out, but has no check mark in it,

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2706792 said:
its not there Hostile, when i click on quick reply, it brings up the box to type in, but it has at top of the box Title to post a title, then below that, the message box

below the message box post icons;

below that Miscellaneous Options
Show your signature
Disable smilies in text
Do not subscribe No email notification Instant email notification Daily email notification Weekly email notification

then it has all the messages i replied to

then below thatPosting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vB code is On
Smilies are On
code is On
HTML code is Off[/quote]It is in the same line as the option above in bold red. Left right under the word options. I see it in both IE and Firefox.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2706795 said:

Options

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. © 2004-2007 CowboysZone.com
Right, and when it doesn't the post won't be quoted. When it does, it will.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Hostile;2706800 said:
It is in the same line as the option above in bold red. Left right under the word options. I see it in both IE and Firefox.

Options
Show your signature

only my signature is checked, but quote message is not, and i cant click on it, its grayed out,

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboyjoe;2706802 said:

Options
Show your signature

only my signature is checked, but quote message is not, and i cant click on it, its grayed out,
The box does not become clickable until you click on the Quick Reply button. In fact, the whole box is not clickable until you click quick reply.

-Reality

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Trust us on this Joe. That is the only possible thing that is happening. Problem solved.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is reaching but ...

It may have to do with the Editor interface you are seeing (the editor is the box where you type in replies, posts, etc.). There is a standard editor and an enhanced and it is possible that the version of vBulletin that CZ uses does not detect IE8 correctly and forces you to use an editor that automatically adds quoted text.

Again, I can only guess at this point ..

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Hostile;2706809 said:
Trust us on this Joe. That is the only possible thing that is happening. Problem solved.

thats my problem, before i click on quick reply, i can see the message box with the quote, with a check mark in my signature, but when i click on quick reply, the signature box and the quote box disappears;

it goes to a format of this;
Title ___________________________________

Message Box to type in Message
Has Submit Reply box and Preview Post at bottom of message box and icons to choose from;

then this;
Miscellaneous Options
Show your signature
Disable smilies in text

then all of the messages that i have replied to in this posting
about 13 messages so far

then at very bottom