Question to Moderators, anyone know why when i reply the quote is being taken in repl

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2706833 said:
I checked the Editor he is using and tried it on IE.

It's the exact same. He's simply checking that box to get a post quoted.
Are you running IE8 (Internet Explorer version 8.0) like CJ is running? I do not have IE8 installed (My IE7 works fine) and that is why I suggested CZ's version of vBulletin may not detect IE8 correctly so it may be displaying a different editor box.

CJ said that when he clicks the Quick Reply button, the checkbox to quote the reply disappears at that point.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
its not not working on internet explorer version 8, there is a new version

i wasnt clicking on the quotes box, its grayed out

when i click quick reply the quote messages box at bottom disappears along wiht my signature box that does have a check mark in it, but again the quotes box does not have a check mark in it

i finally gave up, and went to firefox, i got it this time to go around Windows Live One Care, and firefox is working now,

im not having the problem on firefox, but on internet explorer 8, i am

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Reality, i think thats it,
Internet explorer 8 version

so i downloaded firefox and i can post a message without it copying it

i guess i shouldnt have downloaded the new version till the bugs were worked out of it

thanks for all of everyone's help though, got it working on firefox without a problem

all i can say at this point to everyone, dont download hte new version of internet explorer 8 yet, it looks like it has a bug of some type

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Reality;2706855 said:
Are you running IE8 (Internet Explorer version 8.0) like CJ is running? I do not have IE8 installed (My IE7 works fine) and that is why I suggested CZ's version of vBulletin may not detect IE8 correctly so it may be displaying a different editor box.

CJ said that when he clicks the Quick Reply button, the checkbox to quote the reply disappears at that point.
I hate Explorer. I downloaded 8 and I can't even get it to open. I get the must close message every time.

Take the advice of other Joe, use Firefox. IE8 sucks.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2706867 said:
Reality, i think thats it,
Internet explorer 8 version

so i downloaded firefox and i can post a message without it copying it

i guess i shouldnt have downloaded the new version till the bugs were worked out of it

thanks for all of everyone's help though, got it working on firefox without a problem

all i can say at this point to everyone, dont download hte new version of internet explorer 8 yet, it looks like it has a bug of some type

Bet you it won't be a week before you'll be completely sold on Firefox, and never use IE again...

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For clarification, this is a IE8 compatibility issue with certain websites. I ran into the same problem.

Because some websites haven't upgraded their sites to be compatible with IE8, all you have to do is click the Compatibility View icon on the Menu bar and it will change the look of the Zone back to normal. The Compatibility View icon is to the left of the Refresh icon.

Before I clicked that icon, the site looked very funky. After I clicked the icon, the site immediately changed back to normal.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
thanks woodysgirl, i tried that, still wont work on internet explorer 8

just get the same thing, but is working on firefox