Quietly our biggest draft need

kskboys

Reaction score
We got middle push all night Thursday vs the Saints with street free agents for the most part, although the Lewis pick was because Collins was in Brees’ face.
Absolutely!!!

Now imagine more talent there. A fresh middle push in the 4th qtr is how you beat Brady.

KingRah

Reaction score
Absolutely!!!

Now imagine more talent there. A fresh middle push in the 4th qtr is how you beat Brady.
Id love a 2nd pass rusher to help D Law. I don't mean an occasional sack from Gregory or Crawford. We need a legit 2nd pass rusher. That'll free him up. That's why im so disgusting with David Irving. I don't even want him resigned next year.

KingRah

Reaction score
On another note, imagine if G Kittle was our pick in the 2nd round last year. Imagine a Z ERtz type with more speed. He runs 4.5 to go along with his route running. Our offense would really be unstoppable.

Hadenough

Reaction score
This team really needs to take an honest look at drafting a QB! Dak is no more than a back end QB that is a stepping stone to finding a franchise QB.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
To be honest, we have enough holes and the talent will be thinned out enough in the second that I'd probably just go BPA. FS (kinda wish now that the FO would have drafted Justin Reid over Connor Williams like they were thinking, but we'll see), DT, TE, another WR if the Bease leaves, maybe OL, there's lots of room for improvement.

It's not going to be like drafting at #18 this last year where it was LVE vs Calvin Ridley vs DJ Moore vs trading up for Derwin James and we kind of had our choice of potential studs. I imagine we'll be picking right on the cutoff for the top 50, so there will probably be 1 or 2 starter-level players who stand out above the rest and then your normal Day 2 kind of guys. In that kind of situation, I think you just take whatever talent you can get.

Last edited:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm going with Tight End. We need a safety, and o-line depth. We might even need a wr or corner, but I won't pick them. The number one job of any team is the help their qb. I don't believe in dak, but he's going to be here. Get him a good tight end to go with Zeke, Cooper, and Gallup, and Dak has everything he needs to compete. This is important for his confidence going forward. What do you all think?
I don't think its quite

Its the one position that were obviously barren of talent.

WR, DT, S could all use talent talent upgrades. But we are all passable there. CB, we have talent. But its a position you can never really have enough talent. I wouldn't be against picking any one of these positions if the right value was there. But TE is most definitely our #1 need

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’d draft another , but give chido a another chance. Just don’t hand the job to him. He has the physical skills. If he located the ball fadtsr, he gets more ints, and deflections. Better technique will make his job easier.
He hasnt been bad. His year is probably what I would call checkered. But Ill say I dont think you can have such a quick trigger finger as far as replacing a young developing player. Still chaps me that cant find more PT for Lewis

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Chido only has about a year of starting under his belt. I wouldn't give up on him yet. I said replace out of frustration, but he has something to work with. You just owe it to the team to bring in another corner to compete with him. As far as brown, he quietly has the best ball skills of all of the corners. He just doesn't cover as well. He's our fastest corner he and Byron and he does get picks sometimes. He needs to have better technique. Maybe he'll improve. Maybe he is what he is. Chido needs to study elite corners and work on locating the ball faster. Byron can turn around late and still make a play because of his length.
I can see Brown being a guy that may never be who want starting but he has value to you. He has the skill set to play the boundry inside in the slot. Not all CB's can. His technique may never be good enough for you to feel good about him at the top of your depth. But he is a good talent to have in those underrated sub package spots.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would like to trade for Cameron Brate in Tampa if the opportunity presents itself and cross TE off your draft list.
Then do as some of you are saying. Draft interior defensive lineman.
May be a cap casualty

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Woods and Reid have played well all year, especially Woods.
We have gotten good play from the rotation we have been using. I dont think we have that stud everyone, but 1T hasnt been a weakness. Woods, Reid and Ross have all contributed when they have in

kskboys

Reaction score
Unless you’re talking a 2 down player only elite 1DT’s who can rush the passer go top 15-20.
Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!

What we're missing in this D is a Wilfork type, a guy who can push the pocket. Pushing the pocket causes major disruptions on the opposing O, both flushing the QB out and not giving him room to step up into his throws. Yes, these guys are hard to find, no doubt. However, that type player affects the overall D prolly more than any other player.

kskboys

Reaction score
Personally, I think we need a CB to replace Chidobe. He's always in position but just doesn't have the length to actually make a play on the ball. We all know Kris Richard ain't going anywhere so my guess is we trade Chido and get a better scheme fit CB in the draft.
That is exactly what his scouting report said about him. That's why he slid to 2nd round.

The Realist

Reaction score
Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!

What we're missing in this D is a Wilfork type, a guy who can push the pocket. Pushing the pocket causes major disruptions on the opposing O, both flushing the QB out and not giving him room to step up into his throws. Yes, these guys are hard to find, no doubt. However, that type player affects the overall D prolly more than any other player.

Wilfork only played in 3-4 base D’s and had 16 sacks in 13 years. That’s not the type of DT this is looking for. Rod’s requires a penetrating 1 gapping 1DT who can run and hold up vs the run. If there was a Wilfork or Ngata on the clock when we were picking I would watch the phone ring off the hook and rip someone off in a trade.

kskboys

Reaction score
Wilfork only played in 3-4 base D’s and had 16 sacks in 13 years. That’s not the type of DT this is looking for. Rod’s requires a penetrating 1 gapping 1DT who can run and hold up vs the run. If there was a Wilfork or Ngata on the clock when we were picking I would watch the phone ring off the hook and rip someone off in a trade.
It's not about sacks at NT. You're making the same mistake Jerry and his staff make. NT is about collapsing the pocket so the QB has no place to step up. Counting sacks to judge that position would be grossly inaccurate. Kinda like saying someone sucks at LB because they don't have a bunch of INT's.

The Realist

Reaction score
It's not about sacks at NT. You're making the same mistake Jerry and his staff make. NT is about collapsing the pocket so the QB has no place to step up. Counting sacks to judge that position would be grossly inaccurate. Kinda like saying someone sucks at LB because they don't have a bunch of INT's.

You don’t draft a 2 gapping DT to play a 1 gap defense. If we needed a 1 technique and Wilfork, Suh and Ngata were on the board who do you think we would take?

cnuball21

Reaction score
Unless you’re talking a 2 down player only elite 1DT’s who can rush the passer go top 15-20.

While it’s be great to have an elite DT, is be happy with just an above average starter.

We honestly haven’t had one in ages, it’s always been guys who are 1 trick ponies in either rushing the passer or stopping the run.

We’ve passed on so many solid DTs in the 2nd round over the years it’s maddening.

Great year to break that trend IMo as this class is loaded.

kskboys

Reaction score
You don’t draft a 2 gapping DT to play a 1 gap defense. If we needed a 1 technique and Wilfork, Suh and Ngata were on the board who do you think we would take?
I simply disagree. If Wilfork doesn't fit into your D, you adjust your D.

We would take Suh, based on skillset alone, as he's a 3 tech.

I've seen way too many D's fail due to attempting to play 3 tech types all across the front line.