Quinn, Berry and Mcdowell

Kaiser

Reaction score
Berry is a big medical risk, I think they are evaluating his records and will only make an offer if they really think he will be on the field. No one really knows that the real story is.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Berry is a big medical risk, I think they are evaluating his records and will only make an offer if they really think he will be on the field. No one really knows that the real story is.
Sounding like McDowell maybe a injury risk also. Is he is football shape and can he still play.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Sounding like McDowell maybe a injury risk also. Is he is football shape and can he still play.

He is, but he has never played in the NFL. So if his agent is making calls, you have to think he is healthy enough to play.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He is, but he has never played in the NFL. So if his agent is making calls, you have to think he is healthy enough to play.
He never played!!! Sorry for my ignorance but I assumed he had played and was descent. I didn’t know this. Never mind on the signing of him unless it’s peanuts.

Kaiser

Reaction score
He never played!!! Sorry for my ignorance but I assumed he had played and was descent. I didn’t know this. Never mind on the signing of him unless it’s peanuts.

He angered the Gods somehow. High second round pick that had a freak accident before he played in his first season. Its been two years, you have to think there is a chance he is healthy and this is a low cost lottery ticket.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He had the ATV accident right after he was drafted.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He angered the Gods somehow. High second round pick that had a freak accident before he played in his first season. Its been two years, you have to think there is a chance he is healthy and this is a low cost lottery ticket.

I assume that he is healthy in terms of being able to function physically. The issue is likely whether he can withstand a hit in the head.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
I've read that McDowell is a bit of a locker room cancer. Given a choice, which I'm not, it wouldn't be him. On the other hand there is Berry, a team guy and great in the locker room but he has only played 4 games in the last two years, so it wouldn't be him either.

I'll go with Quinn in some sort of trade with the Fins swallowing some of his contract cost for 2019. Don't ask me what I would use for trade bait. Maybe Jeff Heath straight up ;)

How can McDowell be a 'locker room cancer' when he's never played a single down in the NFL??? Cut the guy some slack. He had a horrific accident and doesn't need a black eye over something that just simply isn't true.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
In my opinion, the Quinn deal is probably almost done. I get the feeling the Dolphins are waiting for some team to give them a third round pick in 2020 but nobody will. They'll have to take the 4th from Dallas.

Quinn hasn't visited anywhere else maybe because he and the Cowboys have a deal done already. I can dream, can't I??

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Berry may never be healthy enough for us to take a chance on. He is just like Sean Lee.

Berry's health is why he is likely to end up here. Jerry will take more health risks than other teams. Also has a sports medicine center, which I'd think would be seen as a plus by a player with a health issue.

Win-win.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Most likely to happen is the Quinn trade...……apparently our last offer was a 4 and we are not going any higher. Miami is still trying to get a 3rd, but it appears that price is too steep for the Saints and nobody else has showed any interest. So I think Miami will do the deal for the 4th in a couple of days.

McDowell is healthy enough right now to play, but our main concern is his susceptibility to a concussion if he takes a blow to the head. See the problem is that once you have had a brain injury, especially a major brain injury like he had where there was actually brain swelling, then you become very susceptible to concussions. Even a very slight blow to the head could trigger a major concussion and he could be out an extended period of time.

The problem with Eric Berry is bone spurs in his heel. For anybody that has ever had bone spurs can attest, they are very painful and the only way to remove them is with surgery where they literally go into your foot and file down your heel bone where the spurs originate from. So the question is how long can Berry play with this condition before he has to have surgery to correct it.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
more than

More than likely... 58.

Agreed...………...I think its Berry or bust for free agent safeties and I think Berry is going to want too much considering his medicals.

Most likely scenario is we draft a safety in the 2nd or 3rd round IMO.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Agreed...………...I think its Berry or bust for free agent safeties and I think Berry is going to want too much considering his medicals.

Most likely scenario is we draft a safety in the 2nd or 3rd round IMO.
At this point I just don't see the market offering any significant upgrade over what we already have, all your really going to be doing is replacing a name with another name, not an upgrade of talent.
When I look at how this team economically values positions, I see a safety being drafted early this year.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Sounds like a JJ move. Could pay off.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Most likely to happen is the Quinn trade...……apparently our last offer was a 4 and we are not going any higher. Miami is still trying to get a 3rd, but it appears that price is too steep for the Saints and nobody else has showed any interest. So I think Miami will do the deal for the 4th in a couple of days.

McDowell is healthy enough right now to play, but our main concern is his susceptibility to a concussion if he takes a blow to the head. See the problem is that once you have had a brain injury, especially a major brain injury like he had where there was actually brain swelling, then you become very susceptible to concussions. Even a very slight blow to the head could trigger a major concussion and he could be out an extended period of time.

The problem with Eric Berry is bone spurs in his heel. For anybody that has ever had bone spurs can attest, they are very painful and the only way to remove them is with surgery where they literally go into your foot and file down your heel bone where the spurs originate from. So the question is how long can Berry play with this condition before he has to have surgery to correct it.
The type of bone spur he has they do not normally remove. Drs say it's better to leave it alone and that they can play through it.