Quinn Dilemma

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Seems like this guy is in a great situation right. Lots of talent on this defense and being able to coach what some are saying a once in a lifetime talent in Micah Parsons. He also has Will McClay selecting groceries for him.

He supposedly failed at HC before...I do not know the environment/situation he accepted to head coach in though.

Is the money that much more as Head Coach? Is it an Ego thing? Alpha personality? Control Freak?

Why would the dude try and leave? I get acting like youre interested in other jobs to create leverage for a pay increase...but why doesnt Jerry just grease this guy so he stays?

I dont even know if I want him as Head Coach here. Just stay a damn DC.

My main question is...is this guy really entertaining HC jobs elsewhere? Or is it for show? Both?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Given we just completed week 2 I think its safe to say that he is not entertaining HC jobs right now.....Lets see what happens after this year. This time last year everyone was SURE that both Quinn and Moore would be HCs elsewhere.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How about waiting until the end of the season. No team is talking to him about being HC right now.

Of course at the end of the season there will be plenty of talk. Most winning teams OC & DC are talked about, and interviewed.
I mean even Moore had interviews after last season. And once the Dallas offense gets going this year, he will get more.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Seems like this guy is in a great situation right. Lots of talent on this defense and being able to coach what some are saying a once in a lifetime talent in Micah Parsons. He also has Will McClay selecting groceries for him.

He supposedly failed at HC before...I do not know the environment/situation he accepted to head coach in though.

Is the money that much more as Head Coach? Is it an Ego thing? Alpha personality? Control Freak?

Why would the dude try and leave? I get acting like youre interested in other jobs to create leverage for a pay increase...but why doesnt Jerry just grease this guy so he stays?

My main question is...is this guy really entertaining HC jobs elsewhere? Or is it for show? Both?

Failed at HC? He made it to the Super Bowl 5 years ago.

Praxit

Reaction score
.....Quinn looks to be of honest nature. He had at least 3 HC opportunites during off season.

He decided to stick around. WHy?

There's potential of winning championship in Dallas.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Given we just completed week 2 I think its safe to say that he is not entertaining HC jobs right now.....Lets see what happens after this year. This time last year everyone was SURE that both Quinn and Moore would be HCs elsewhere.

We must have been posting at the same time. :thumbup:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
The thing about a guy like Quinn is that he can wait for the right situation. He won't jump at just any opportunity because you rarely get a third shot at HC. Jerry does well by his coordinators in terms of salary, so the difference between DC and HC money is not as big as it would be for coordinators on other teams.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
He will want to be a head coach again, probably next season. The Patriots SB comeback must hurt him. His stock has already risen further since the off season.
Very likely this is his last year as DC here
You may be right… but I also heard this last season and he came back to Dallas.

Nobody really knows. Some go on to be the head guy and some stay as a defensive coordinator for years and years.

Some try it as Head Coach, fail, and then stay as a DC for years.

Not everyone loves being a HC. We just don’t know which way Quinn is.

Proof

Reaction score
He seems to (obviously) enjoy coaching micah. I think it would take the right opportunity to lure him away, and the right opportunity will have no shortage of candidates. Think we stand a decent chance of holding on to him, but time will tell.

quickccc

Reaction score
No need to worry. Quinn's expected to remain in Dallas 'for years to come' after agreeing to stay for 2022.

... So long as he remains the DC here with the Cowboys ... or until the Cowboys themselves decide to anoint Quinn as their new HC

.... Or Until Quinn receives an appealing enuff HC offer from a particular NFL team.

He's gonna be somebody's new HC next year - we were extremely luck to retain him as DC.

quickccc

Reaction score
The dilemma i see more of is ... Dan Quinn vs Sean Payton

if it came down to those two, .... which one would you want to be the new HC of the Cowboys ?

exciter

Reaction score

Bottom end HC is around 5m maybe 6 I think…. coordinator we’re topping out around 3 and that was just a select few. Right around 1m seems to be the average. At one point during the Garrett era, Marrinelli and the OC (can’t think of his name) no one liked were two of the highest paid coordinators in the league at 1m each. Part of its ego, and guessing he’s going to get one of the higher end offers after this season barring some type of major collapse!

Acceptablename

Reaction score

Some (leaders )what to lead

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You may be right… but I also heard this last season and he came back to Dallas.

Nobody really knows. Some go on to be the head guy and some stay as a defensive coordinator for years and years.

Some try it as Head Coach, fail, and then stay as a DC for years.

Not everyone loves being a HC. We just don’t know which way Quinn is.
Also, it's possible to be a HC and concentrate on the defense while the OC concentrates on the offense.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
The whole "leaders" "alpha" stuff is so comical to me...its just corny...sorry.

I just read that his Atlanta team went to the Super Bowl his second year I think I think it was...and then the following year 7 starters were injured and was then fired the next season.

So...maybe this guy was fortunate to get to the Super Bowl quick with Matt Ryan...but was then unlucky and had a team riddled with injury. Still dont know why you are fired if your team has the injury bug.

Maybe Quinn is chomping at the bit to try HC again.