News: Quinn Substantial Raise

JBS

Reaction score
Does anyone really believe "this is where he wants to be"?

He returns to Dallas because the Broncos and Giants didn't offer him.

If this was where he wanted to be he would've never taken all those interviews.

I mean, I'm glad he's staying, but let's be real here.

I’m not sure how much he wanted the giants or bears gig. I know for sure he wanted the denver job. I’m assuming he would have taken the bears job if offered. Who knows if the giants turned him down or not. They haven’t done anything.

offlimits

Reaction score
Odd, isn't it. If Booger was going to open the safe, why wait until he's already been passed over for every HC job but one? Did he want him to stop the Giants process?

I think the job he really wants is in SEA and chances are better that opens up next year.

What do you mean "the safe"? Jones owns the bank and the entire branch!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
it’s not even debatable.....those head coaching jobs are still open. He was a candidate for all of them. Once his top jobs got taken he removed his name from the other opportunities. Literally just happened. So clearly he values being here more then Miami, Minnesota, etc. clearly he would have left us for Chicago or for denver.

the only way to not understand this is to actually be “special”.
What are you talking about? He interviewed for the Bears and Bronco's and BOTH jobs are not open lol. Vikings just fired a DC Head coach....they are going offense i'd imagine.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
What are you talking about? He interviewed for the Bears and Bronco's and BOTH jobs are not open lol. Vikings just fired a DC Head coach....they are going offense i'd imagine.

“those head coaching jobs are still open”......meaning Miami, New York and Minnesota. He was a candidate for all of them. Interviewed with all of them. He proactively took his name off the list when Chicago and denver (his top 2 choices) weren’t options.

So yes he decided that being a coordinator in Dallas was better than being a head coach candidate for other positions. It’s really easy to understand. There are other head coaching options open- that had interest in him.....yet he’s here and not interviewing in those places.

man....reading comprehension

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Could y’all imagine how much money Jerry would spend on players if there was no salary cap structure? We’d be the Yankees of football and I’d love it

Dre11

Reaction score
“those head coaching jobs are still open”......meaning Miami, New York and Minnesota. He was a candidate for all of them. Interviewed with all of them. He proactively took his name off the list when Chicago and denver (his top 2 choices) weren’t options.

So yes he decided that being a coordinator in Dallas was better than being a head coach candidate for other positions. It’s really easy to understand. There are other head coaching options open- that had interest in him.....yet he’s here and not interviewing in those places.

Lol this your speculation or do you have proof

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Lol this your speculation or do you have proof

it’s literal proof......he interviewed with Miami and with New York and with Minnesota. Those jobs are still open right ? Yes. none of those teams have coaches? Facts. Was he a candidate for all of them? Yes. Are those jobs still available? Yes.

he has a relationship with Denver’s gm- facts. It was widely reported by national and local that that was his preferred destination. Fact. He was also a finalist for the bears job- fact.

so if he removes himself from being a candidate from the remaining opening jobs (Miami New York and minnesota) and comes back here (he did) without taking anymore interviews with those teams then he literally just chose us over those positions just like he did by ignoring Jacksonville.

we may have been his best available option but yeah that’s proof.

Dre11

Reaction score
it’s literal proof......he interviewed with Miami and with New York and with Minnesota. Those jobs are still open right ? Yes. none of those teams have coaches? Facts. Was he a candidate for all of them? Yes. Are those jobs still available? Yes.

he has a relationship with Denver’s gm- facts. It was widely reported by national and local that that was his preferred destination. Fact. He was also a finalist for the bears job- fact.

so if he removes himself from being a candidate from the remaining opening jobs (Miami New York and minnesota) and comes back here (he did) without taking anymore interviews with those teams then he literally just chose us over those positions just like he did by ignoring Jacksonville.

So yes, that’s proof.

Lol....no its your speculation or opinion. You don't know what job he wanted as he never said which one he preferred, you listened to other speculations and tried to draw a conclusion. He also was a childhood fan of the Giants. Fact( straight from him)...lol

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Odd, isn't it. If Booger was going to open the safe, why wait until he's already been passed over for every HC job but one? Did he want him to stop the Giants process?

I think the job he really wants is in SEA and chances are better that opens up next year.

Thats what dumb teams do, and we have a reputation to uphold.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Lol....no its your speculation or opinion. You don't know what job he wanted as he never said which one he preferred, you listened to other speculations and tried to draw a conclusion.

he literally just removed himself from 3 of the 6 jobs he interviewed for. He did it after 2 of them were filled this morning(Chicago and denver). Literally just removed himself from the other 3 jobs. That’s facts buddy. This is simple stuff.

clearly at worst even the dumbest of the dumb ( I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt here) have to realize he would rather stay here for another year then take the Miami, New York or Minnesota job- because if he felt otherwise he wouldn’t have removed his name from the jobs right? like if you want a job you don’t proactively take your name out of the running correct?

I mean this isn’t splitting the atom fellas......if you want a job, you don’t take your name out of the running and return to your current job so at the worsssssstttttt he valued being here over 3 of the 6 jobs he was up for.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
LOL every reputable Cowboys reporter is disputing Fisher's story. Is this guy ever right about something???

click bait artist. Just like weather forecasters predict something , it doesn’t happen , No consequences

Dre11

Reaction score
he literally just removed himself from 3 of the 6 jobs he interviewed for. He did it after 2 of them were filled this morning(Chicago and denver). Literally just removed himself from the other 3 jobs. That’s facts buddy. This is simple stuff.

clearly at worst even the dumbest of the dumb ( I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt here) have to realize he would rather stay here for another year then take the Miami, New York or Minnesota job- because if he felt otherwise he wouldn’t have removed his name from the jobs right? like if you want a job you don’t proactively take your name out of the running correct?

I mean this isn’t splitting the atom fellas......if you want a job, you don’t take your name out of the running and return to your current job so at the worsssssstttttt he valued being here over 3 of the 6 jobs he was up for.

Again, it's your speculation, you have no idea what jib he wanted if any. It's pure speculation on your part. You're an idiot for trying to present it as fact...period

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Again, it's your speculation, you have no idea what jib he wanted if any. It's pure speculation on your part.

I’m trying to be respectful here but this is so dumb......it’s not speculation. He took his name out of 3 jobs dude. 3 jobs that are open. He said no I’m good.

come on man use your common sense- if he wanted those jobs why would he say I’m gonna return to the cowboys to be a dc when they are open ? This is simple stuff. I mean basic basic stuff. It’s not even speculation- he announced he’s coming back here while those jobs remained open.

If he wanted them so bad then why announce you’ll be back here? Come on this is elementary level t

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Its not "reading comprehension". I'm telling you there is a reason why it came out today that Quinn is staying in Dallas lol. It wasn't just pure coincidence lol.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Its not "reading comprehension". I'm telling you there is a reason why it came out today that Quinn is staying in Dallas lol. It wasn't just pure coincidence lol.

Yeah.......because his 2 top places or most desirable jobs weren’t available so he evaluated the jobs that were still open and potential options for him and said I’d rather stay in Dallas a year and in effect is exactly where he wanted to be as opposed to taking a head coaching job he didn’t want aka somewhere he didn’t want to be.

That’s exactly what I said!

Dre11

Reaction score
I’m trying to be respectful here but this is so dumb......it’s not speculation. He took his name out of 3 jobs dude. 3 jobs that are open. He said no I’m good.

come on man use your common sense- if he wanted those jobs why would he say I’m gonna return to the cowboys to be a dc when they are open ? This is simple stuff. I mean basic basic stuff. It’s not even speculation- he announced he’s coming back here while those jobs remained open.

If he wanted them so bad then why announce you’ll be back here? Come on this is elementary level t

Respectful you're literally trying to present an opinion as a fact, that's dumb. You're trying to tell everyone Quinn came back because the job he wanted was filled, when you have no idea what job he wanted

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah.......because his 2 top places or most desirable jobs weren’t available so he evaluated the jobs that were still open and potential options for him and said I’d rather stay in Dallas a year and in effect is exactly where he wanted to be as opposed to taking a head coaching job he didn’t want aka somewhere he didn’t want to be.

That’s exactly what I said!
So why did he interview for somewhere he didn't want to be? :facepalm: