News: Quinn Substantial Raise

Dre11

Reaction score
Yeah.......because his 2 top places or most desirable jobs weren’t available so he evaluated the jobs that were still open and potential options for him and said I’d rather stay in Dallas a year and in effect is exactly where he wanted to be as opposed to taking a head coaching job he didn’t want aka somewhere he didn’t want to be.

That’s exactly what I said!

Yeah you said it because you knew his top 2 that he never told you...lol

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Dan Quinn pulled a Zeke, except he didn't have to skip out and go to Cabo. Quinn simply took several other teams' interviews which made Jerry nervous, thus a big pay raise to stay in Dallas.

Good job, Jerry.

Yep, played it just like his agent told him. Good for him, negotiation 101. Have some or obtain some leverage/alternatives. Even if just for show.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Calling BS .....I seriously doubt Jerry $$$$$ has anything to do Quinn staying. He had his sight on a couple of openings. Once those fell through he's back. Look he's been through the grind and politicking of HCing and knows what he wants. Had one of those teams made an offer he'd be gone ...plain and simple. Fish trying to make something out of nothing as usual.

Nope he used those interviews to raise his salary as he had no intention of going anywhere. Smart man with more money now.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think the air went out of his sails after Denver went the way it did. ALSO, I think Dallas is where his heart was all along. The Denver thing he was hoping, would knock his socks off and go better, but when it didn't, he likely sat down with his family and they chose Dallas for stability and happiness. HUGE factor was not $, it was the players he had a bond with and the growth they had made. I think he wanted to see this thru. Sometimes THE answer is complicated. I think $ was the very least factor. He felt wanted and needed here. Coaches are creatures of habit and it feeds their ego when they feel needed and wanted. I am very happy he is here.We knw Jerry and Stevie called him and they are elated! Now we must see if we lose Joe Whitt, his assistant.BTW, Kellen M has a 2nd interview in Miami. He may leave. I'm kinda hoping he does because I want MM to call the lays. EARN HIS $$!

Rayman70

Reaction score
Mike Fisher is either making **** ^ out of thin air, or hes the only reporter that has the real intel on this.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Respectful you're literally trying to present an opinion as a fact, that's dumb. You're trying to tell everyone Quinn came back because the job he wanted was filled, when you have no idea what job he wanted

This is simple deduction that could be made by someone at the High school level. You can say I don’t know what his most desirable job was.....ok. For the sake of your argument we can disregard all the reports that said denver but we know for a fact what jobs were less desirable than Dallas ;

Miami, Minnesota, New York and Jacksonville. He didn’t even bother to interview for jax and withdrew his name from the other 3 after denver and Chicago were filled. At the absolute worst any moron can ascertain that Minnesota, Miami and New York weren’t as desirable as the Dallas dc job- otherwise he doesn’t withdraw his name.

That’s not speculation it’s facts. He literally withdrew his name from those jobs. That’s not opinion it’s fact backed up by him coming back to Dallas with those jobs open. How you don’t get this is scary.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Yeah you said it because you knew his top 2 that he never told you...lol

let’s do a math problem.....if 5 jobs offer you an interview and 2 of them get taken. Then you withdraw your name from the other remaining 3 and go back to your current job - what does that tell you of his opinion of the 3 open jobs?

(spoiler alert for those who need it and are arguing this point with me but 5-2=3 )

Last edited:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Never believe sources that don't mention their name (s) nor are recognized. I believe the real source of the Dallas Cowboys, Todd.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
And next year open jobs could include Panthers, Colts, Seahawks. That Seahawks job would be the one that gets him IMO

Dre11

Reaction score
This is simple deduction that could be made by someone at the High school level. You can say I don’t know what his most desirable job was.....ok. For the sake of your argument we can disregard all the reports that said denver but we know for a fact what jobs were less desirable than Dallas ;

Miami, Minnesota, New York and Jacksonville. He didn’t even bother to interview for jax and withdrew his name from the other 3 after denver and Chicago were filled. At the absolute worst any moron can ascertain that Minnesota, Miami and New York weren’t as desirable as the Dallas dc job- otherwise he doesn’t withdraw his name.

That’s not speculation it’s facts. He literally withdrew his name from those jobs. That’s not opinion it’s fact backed up by him coming back to Dallas with those jobs open. How you don’t get this is scary.

How the hell you trying to connect dots and oresent it as fact is scary, I will ask you a simple question. Do you know for a fact he decided to come back because his coveted job wasn't there, how do you know that he didn't turn them down or thatbthe money wasn't right, do you know any of that to be true? Now come back and tell me you know that, nobody has told you that, yet you're presenting these things as fact.

Dre11

Reaction score
let’s do a math problem.....if 5 jobs offer you an interview and 2 of them get taken. Then you withdraw your name from the other remaining 3 and go back to your current job - what does that tell you of his opinion of the 3 open jobs?

(spoiler alert for those who need it and are arguing this point with me but 5-2=3 )

I don't need to do math, Do you know for a fact the reason he came back because of the reason you claim. Considering neither the Cowboys nor Quinn has talked , How do you know Jerry didn't match the money,l.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
How the hell you trying to connect dots and oresent it as fact is scary, I will ask you a simple question. Do you know for a fact he decided to come back because his coveted job wasn't there, how do you know that he didn't turn them down or thatbthe money wasn't right, do you know any of that to be true? Now come back and tell me you know that, nobody has told you that, yet you're presenting these things as fact.

5 job interviews......2 get taken. Chicago and denver. He then withdraws his name from the other 3 remaining jobs of which he interviewed for immediately.

put that thinking cap on

Dre11

Reaction score
5 job interviews......2 get taken. Chicago and denver. He then withdraws his name from the other 3 remaining jobs of which he interviewed for immediately.

put that thinking cap on

Keep your OPINION and chasing waterfalls. I see you didn't answer the question.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I don't have to mince in an ounce of explanation or misdirections.

I heard his decision to stay in Dallas and it made my morning. Great news, simply. :starspin: