Twitter: Quinn to Stay in Dallas

Creeper

Reaction score
The good news is Dan Quinn is staying in Dallas for one more year at least. The bad news is if Quinn didn't get a head coaching job then surely boy wonder won't get one either. So he will be in Dallas next year too. :thumbdown:

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Of course he'll push ....but Stephen Jones is still the D-facto difference maker.
Unless they price themselves out, I think they all find a way to come back. I do however, think the likes of Neal/Kazee won't be back.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Exactly! He is going to implore the Jones boys to keep his core players in place. That means re-signing several of those names you mentioned.
I do think he will get to keep the band together, where they will use the draft more to address the offense this season. Defensively, our needs are LB, S and NT.

kevm3

Reaction score
Glad to hear Quinn will be back here for another year. This defense needs continuity. I'm pretty sure there's back room talk that if this team fails again, Quinn will have a chance at the HC job here.

GMO415

Reaction score
Hooray! More of the same....one and done in the playoffs.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Which also means the Payton dreams can die now- for at least this year

I think it's great that Payton wants to sit out a year. Could work out for us if McCarthy can't get the job done this coming season. He'll have his chance to build on what he accomplished, and if he can't, pull the plug and get Payton. I know many fans are impatient and want McCarthy gone now. I'm indifferent toward him, so I have no problem if he's given another year to prove he can get it done. I just don't want us keeping him around like Garrett if he doesn't get it done. Next year is NFC Championship Game or bust IMO.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Yes he took several head coach interviews, including multiple with a couple of teams, because he wasn't open to leaving.

Good stuff. Keep it coming.
He just wanted to waste time interviewing lol I dont get how some people dont believe he wanted a HC job after so many interviews, but the ones he really wanted were given to others, so Dallas is the next best thing.

plasticman

Reaction score
Sean Payton is the HC in 2023

Jerry is the HC in 2022. He'll cut chain of command between McCarthy and Quinn and have Quinn report directly to him.

For anyone who thinks Jones has has surrendered authority to another......prepare for a demonstration that shatters this myth.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I bet Quinn is thinking that if for some reason Payton decides to stay retired, he will be the next name on the list to replace Fat Mike next year.

2023 our head coach will either be Sean Payton or Dan Quinn.