Quinns defense in Super Bowl year

Vanilla2

Reaction score
They had shanahan playcalling the heck out of that season and Melt was at the top of his game running the show. It all fell into place for them. And they would’ve won it if their field general had the balls to call a run when he said he knew the pass play was a bad idea.

Motorola

Reaction score
They had shanahan playcalling the heck out of that season and Melt was at the top of his game running the show. It all fell into place for them. And they would’ve won it if their field general had the balls to call a run when he said he knew the pass play was a bad idea.
The ironies of that 2016 season: Falcons scored 540 pts - 7 TDs better than 2nd place Saints (469); Patriots were 3rd with 441; the Cowboys were 5th with 421. However, NE defense was 1st in pts allowed with 250; the Cowboys were 5th, giving up 306 - which was 100 points lower than the Falcons.
Even with Atlanta dominating Seattle in their wildcard game....would they have come into AT&T Stadium and continued their run had Dallas held on against Green Bay?
Hmph

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Ranked 27th in points. 26th in 3rd down. He's the biggest acquisition? Interesting.

Nolan had a terrible track record. The writing was on the wall with him. I put out a post a week or so ago on Quinn’s defenses in ATL. In short one good year the rest were trash. His defenses in Seattle were stacked. A few HOFers in those defenses. While I think he will be better we should tamp down the enthusiasm. Of course Jerry makes the guy sound like Buddy Ryan. Jerry is a football simpleton.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Ranked 27th in points. 26th in 3rd down. He's the biggest acquisition? Interesting.
he was the HC not the DC and? hes also been employed in the NFKL for how long? those saying this was anot good hire might want to look around..

what Was the WFT offense ranked last year as they had great defense and went 7-9

shows you need some balance , cant win without all phases in sync..

was there a magic bow on the coach we were suppose to hire, who was this magical unicorn sine we know now its not Quinn?

blueblood70

Reaction score
amnd yet boy genius in SF what in his overall record? its not winning one even with an appearance in the sb, what happened to his team in the sb? then since?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Nah, Dallas doesn't need a defense now that Dak has been signed to his stupid contract. Super Dak is going to do it all. 20-0 and a super bowl win is coming. 65 point per game average too.
well you trying to be sarcastic those stats say a highs powered offense with bad defense has in fact made it to a SB and had huge lead at halftime in the same SB ..they may have lost but had shot to win either way..

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
was there a magic bow on the coach we were suppose to hire, who was this magical unicorn sine we know now its not Quinn?

IMO, the greatest D coordinator on Earth is waiting for that phone call

fabbab7cd00851e288d3523a8725926f_xl.jpg

Might be awkward for Jerry, or even you don’t want to go to the 3-4. But his track record is genuinely unbelievable

fivetwos

Reaction score
At the Dak signing, a day or two before FA, Jerry mentioned how much they have improved by adding Quinn alone.

This made me nervous, and what they did in FA tells me they are counting on this guy in a big way.

If not, then they must be counting on the draft to make them much better immediately, and they just can't be that delusional.

They think Quinn alone will make a massive difference. Maybe....guess we will see.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
At the Dak signing, a day or two before FA, Jerry mentioned how much they have improved by adding Quinn alone.

This made me nervous, and what they did in FA tells me they are counting on this guy in a big way.

If not, then they must be counting on the draft to make them much better immediately, and they just can't be that delusional.

They think Quinn alone will make a massive difference. Maybe....guess we will see.
It wont. He looked good in seattle because he has 3 hall of famers and a multiple pro bowlers. Whats the hof/pro bowl count on our defense? Lol zero for hof......that much I know

blueblood70

Reaction score
It wont. He looked good in seattle because he has 3 hall of famers and a multiple pro bowlers. Whats the hof/pro bowl count on our defense? Lol zero for hof......that much I know
as do all great coaches none had jags powering their schemes um, duh!!

brady leaving NE and win a sb showed its more talent then coaching been though you need both but he got to prove that first..NE no brady No playoffs twice since hes ben in the league.odd isnt it :)

did MM go 6-10 with all his stars, um no 17 injuries smore then bad coaching got us that record..with helathy team i say we win the division going away,.

Nolan was scapegoat and deservingly so, but truly wasn't why we went 6-10 we had no talent lining up week in an week out..

stilltheguru

Reaction score
as do all great coaches none had jags powering their schemes um, duh!!

brady leaving NE and win a sb showed its more talent then coaching been though you need both but he got to prove that first..NE no brady No playoffs twice since hes ben in the league.odd isnt it :)

did MM go 6-10 with all his stars, um no 17 injuries smore then bad coaching got us that record..with helathy team i say we win the division going away,.

Nolan was scapegoat and deservingly so, but truly wasn't why we went 6-10 we had no talent lining up week in an week out..
So.......basically you agree with me that Quinn isnt saving anything and the d will be trash again? Just not as trash. Because they didnt add anything of relevance in free agency.

Dre11

Reaction score
Nolan had a terrible track record. The writing was on the wall with him. I put out a post a week or so ago on Quinn’s defenses in ATL. In short one good year the rest were trash. His defenses in Seattle were stacked. A few HOFers in those defenses. While I think he will be better we should tamp down the enthusiasm. Of course Jerry makes the guy sound like Buddy Ryan. Jerry is a football simpleton.

Except those HOF players didn't come to Seattle with great pedigree other than Earl Thomas, the rest were guys that developed in Seattle. If you're going to slam him for doing double duty in Atlanta, acknowlege and give him credit for his work in Seattle as a DC only