Quit trying so hard to get TO the ball

jimmy40

Reaction score
The Cowboys have playmakers all over the place, there is no need to do this. Hell, it's embarrassing how much our offense is wrapped up in worrying about TO, we're doing the defense a favor, wasting plays.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
jimmy40;2425081 said:
The Cowboys have playmakers all over the place, there is no need to do this. Hell, it's embarrassing how much our offense is wrapped up in worrying about TO, we're doing the defense a favor, wasting plays.

:hammer:

DallasDomination

Reaction score
T.O was playing sloppy last night but He stuck with it and made a huge play in the 4rth. I feel T.O is rusty because H hasnt had any action in like 4 weeks without Romo. He'll be back in form by this next game.

jimmy40

Reaction score
DallasDomination;2425138 said:
T.O was playing sloppy last night but He stuck with it and made a huge play in the 4rth. I feel T.O is rusty because H hasnt had any action in like 4 weeks without Romo. He'll be back in form by this next game.
Thanks TO, maybe we should throw the ball your way 30 times next week.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
jimmy40;2425081 said:

I did not see where he forced it to TO? On the ints he threw behind Owens but the play was there if Tony puts it out front. As for TO if you watched the post game he was not unhappy at all about his role in the game and said he expect Tony to go through the reads and hit the open man.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Ok.

I know its EASY to pick a side regarding TO and passes thrown his way.

All I can say is get him the ball on plays that are his strength. Not in major traffic or passes parallel to the LOS.

Sheesh.

He NEEDS to get the ball... thats why he is here.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick;2425191 said:
Ok.

I know its EASY to pick a side regarding TO and passes thrown his way.

All I can say is get him the ball on plays that are his strength. Not in major traffic or passes parallel to the LOS.

Sheesh.

He NEEDS to get the ball... thats why he is here.

I agree but as I said I did not feel they were forcing the ball to TO. Even the picks had more to do with Tony fighting the finger problem than throwing to a covered TO. He was open and I expect when he is open for Romo to get him the ball.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2425207 said:
I agree but as I said I did not feel they were forcing the ball to TO. Even the picks had more to do with Tony fighting the finger problem than throwing to a covered TO. He was open and I expect when he is open for Romo to get him the ball.

I wont go to the finger. Romo didnt.

That first INT was because of poor timing on Romo's part. He threw the ball too late. TO had enough room to atleast make catch... Hall was behind him.

The 2nd INT... he probably threw that one too late also.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick;2425219 said:
I wont go to the finger. Romo didnt.

That first INT was because of poor timing on Romo's part. He threw the ball too late. TO had enough room to atleast make catch... Hall was behind him.

The 2nd INT... he probably threw that one too late also.

Actually Romo did say it. He said he had trouble with the grip on some of the passes. He threw the ball late because he double clutched it due to trying to get the grip on the ball.

Romo: we had to have this one, as important game we have played this year, i told the guys the time is now, and show ourselves and tough environment to play in in rfk

on slant, i just coudlnt get grip on the ball, thats gonna happen, im disappointed, but thats going to happen, felt i had good practice, and that gives me a big edge, and i put the ball where i had to for the touchdown

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Oh geez. This again? They didn't try and force anything to him. Romo hit him when he was open and had one bad pass that went behind TO, on that slant, when Owens was open if Romo gets it out front of him.

I guess Owens haters have to find something to complain about so they just make up silly BS when there is nothing given to them.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2425231 said:
Actually Romo did say it. He said he had trouble with the grip on some of the passes. He threw the ball late because he double clutched it due to trying to get the grip on the ball.

So then he just made bad decisions.

Got it. Thanks.

Finger problem or not... he is good for 1-2 turnovers per game. That is troubling.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick;2425235 said:
So then he just made bad decisions.

Got it. Thanks.

Finger problem or not... he is good for 1-2 turnovers per game. That is troubling.

No he had a problem with the grip. As for Romo give me a break the guy is playing with a damaged finger and went out on the road and lead his team to a win.

jimmy40

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2425234 said:
Oh geez. This again? They didn't try and force anything to him. Romo hit him when he was open and had one bad pass that went behind TO, on that slant, when Owens was open if Romo gets it out front of him.

I guess Owens haters have to find something to complain about so they just make up silly BS when there is nothing given to them.
Amazing how a win can blind people to whats going on.

links18

Reaction score
I didn't see us trying to force the ball to TO. I saw us finally try to implement some slant routes for him. He was open for a huge gain on the first INT that Tony threw ridiculously behind him. I think he also threw behind him on the 2nd INT causing TO to catch it awkwardly leading to the TO. In fact, I was actually quite please that Garrett finally figured out some ways to get TO the ball, even if the execution was off. Now what about a screen pass?

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I love T.O., and in the past I always felt he should have been thrown to a lot, ... but we don't need to do that any more since Roy #11 is here, Martellus is now an option, Witten & Austin.

We don't need to force anything to anyone, just take what the defense gives, that can't cover everybody.

I would like to see Austin used when we run the reverse sometime too.

Romo will continue to get healthier, .. I'm so relieved he didn't reinjure the finger, that was a concern for me last night.

This game was just the first step, but you can't take the second step if you never take the first.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Norm said he was targeted 10 times in the first half. Combine that with his 19 targets in the first Commanders game, that's 29 targets in 6 quarters of football. That's just absolutely outrageous. I'm not sure Jerry Rice got that high of a target percentage in 1986.

Romo and the offense works much better when we're utilizing the entire field and all our weapons.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
The first int was absolutely Romo's fault but the second wasn't. Romo put the ball right on him.