R.I.P Diego Maradona

phildadon86

Reaction score
A legend of the game of soccer gone at 60 years old. 2020 is really kicking us all in the you know what.

Damn shame.

"
Football legend Diego Maradona dies aged 60: Argentinian star - whose 'Hand of God' goal destroyed England's 1986 World Cup dreams - suffers heart attack just two weeks after being released from hospital for bleed on his brain"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ffering-cardiac-arrest-according-reports.html

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot. Didnt see it posted anywhere else.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
As a youngster playing competitive soccer in the mid/late 80s, he was the guy we all tried to imitate.

Majic

Reaction score
England fans felt cheated what he did to us in the 1986 World Cup with his 'hand of god' goal. That being said he is the greatest player I've seen and I'm very sorry he has passed away. RIP Diego

Plankton

Reaction score
The Hand of God is now with him. RIP

DiegoMaradona-GoaloftheCentury.gif

phildadon86

Reaction score
As a youngster playing competitive soccer in the mid/late 80s, he was the guy we all tried to imitate.
Same here. As an AC Milan fan watching him stay at a team like Napoli because he was loyal and didnt care about going to the big clubs was the single biggest act of loyalty ive seen in sports. Guys like Lebron should take note.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
I was only 8 at the time of Italia '90 so only vaguely remember him from that and we didn't have access to foreign football like we do now so my main memory of him playing is at USA '94 and his celebration after scoring against Greece.
So hard to compare talents across generations but what's not in doubt is he was head and shoulders above anyone playing at his time and is always going to be one of the first brought up in any conversation about best ever.
The iconic photo of him against Belgium is probably my favourite football picture, outside of my club
original

Bigdog

Reaction score
RIP Maradona. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. One the greatest soccer player ever to play the game that I ever saw play. A magician with his left foot.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
The greatest player I've ever witnessed (including the 82 World Cup) ... sheer talent, charismatic, genius, true leader on the pitch

Everybody plays football, he, however, played something else .. I don't know what it was, but it was SPECIAL

:cool:

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
He was even the best at cheating......

Given what he he had to put up with during his life and career, things that modern day players are strongly protected from, it is fair to say that he was the very best to ever play the game.

Even as an Englishman, it was a pleasure to watch him play, it was impossible to have him on the pitch and not feel excited and expectant.

Sadly, it always felt like his lifestyle would catch up to him long before it should and so it has proved.

R.I.P Diego.